Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Vol'jin's proven to be a capable leader with a good head on his shoulders, and basically lead the charge. He's also been shown to have the Horde's best interests in mind. He didn't trust Garrosh from the start, and was right to. Honestly, he's objectively the best choice, both from a story perspective, given his buildup, and a character perspective.

And OP, if you really think Aggra would be a better choice, just stop playing the game. I'm really sure you're not serious though.

And to the people going "They promised us something unexpected" who the fuck did you expect? Rexxar? Gallywix? Nazgrel? Characters with no development throughout MoP when the big mystery the expansion built up to was who would lead the Horde? You've gotta be kidding me. It's basic storytelling, that you don't just drop something in last minute.

The literal only choices based on that, we're Vol'jin and Lor'Themar, and Thrall if they wanted to be terrible and backtrack. And Vol'jin was by far the more developed choice of the two. Some people, I swear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My feelings about vol'jin's leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.
    You make it sound like making the obvious choice is a bad thing.

Deleted
    It's a pretty good choice. Making Thrall warchief again would just suck.

Looking at the races I still think orcs and even tauren are more fitting for the position of warchief than trolls, but Vol'jin is much more established character than the alternatives. Bonus points for looking really badass in his reveal moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post

I hate this unwritten rule that only an Orc can be Warchief. Thrall established the Horde and he requested that Vol'Jin lead them.
    http://wowpedia.org/Warchief
    The Warchief, or War Chief, is the military leader of the Orcish Horde, similar to a king or Supreme Allied Commander among humans. The post is an ancient tradition, but was forgotten during the civil wars that plagued Draenor following the defeat of the Draenei. After the Horde crossed into Azeroth, Gul'dan revived the office to gain control of the orcs through the puppet Warchief. On Draenor, Ner'zhul took the title in the event Gul'dan should ever return. The Warchief is now the title of the Horde's supreme leader, though his duties no longer include simply war.

Whether they are leader of the entire horde or not, the leader of the Orcs will always hold the title of the Warchief. Technically Thrall holds this title since Garrosh was recently deposed and Thrall held the title before Garrosh was appointed to it.

There is nothing that specifically says that the Warchief of the Horde must be an Orc, but the leader of the Orcs will always be a Warcheif.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Vol'jin's proven to be a capable leader with a good head on his shoulders, and basically lead the charge. He's also been shown to have the Horde's best interests in mind. He didn't trust Garrosh from the start, and was right to. Honestly, he's objectively the best choice, both from a story perspective, given his buildup, and a character perspective.

And OP, if you really think Aggra would be a better choice, just stop playing the game. I'm really sure you're not serious though.

And to the people going "They promised us something unexpected" who the fuck did you expect? Rexxar? Gallywix? Nazgrel? Characters with no development throughout MoP when the big mystery the expansion built up to was who would lead the Horde? You've gotta be kidding me. It's basic storytelling, that you don't just drop something in last minute.

The literal only choices based on that, we're Vol'jin and Lor'Themar, and Thrall if they wanted to be terrible and backtrack. And Vol'jin was by far the more developed choice of the two. Some people, I swear.
    How has he shown himself to be a capable leader? When offered help he took it by insulting and threatening. He's done pretty much nothing leaderlike except dissappear from his people to hang out with a Pandaren during their greatest time of need.
    He had absolutly zero reason to not trust Garrosh from the start. If anything, he's the one who drove him over the edge: Vol'Jin started the backstabbing. Vol'Jin started the spitting. Vol'Jin was told to be an advisor, but he disrespected Thrall's wishes and had a hissy fit while openly plotting against Garrosh, who had done nothing wrong.

Saurfang would have been interesting. He didn't need character buildup because he had already had lots of prior buildup. He would have made best sense. Lor'themar as well.

Seriously, before you harp on how great Vol'Jin in, look at the bullcrap he's done and the terrible person he's been as well as the very small list of things he's accomplished. Heck. Thrall said Vol'Jin kept the Horde together and kept their honor. Vol'Jin did neither: in battlefield barrens he only had his own people and the Alliance with maybe some tauren. The other leaders of the Horde joined with no prodding from Vol'Jin. Alliance joined the rebellion not at Vol'Jins insistance but someone elses, and despite this he still spat in Alliances face.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, I'm leaning more towards hating it. If Blizzard decides to expand Vol'jin's character a bit, maybe I can start liking him.

As of right now he just comes off as a weak adviser who's done nothing but threaten people. It's bad that people only wanted him as Warchief because he hated the previous Warchief.

Oh well, here's hoping that he becomes interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    wheres the option 'disappointed'.

My concern isn't with vol'jin being in charge. my concern is that of the orcs, and since the hordes story has always been the orcs against the humans, this is a pretty bleak turning point for all orcs.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    He had absolutly zero reason to not trust Garrosh from the start. If anything, he's the one who drove him over the edge: Vol'Jin started the backstabbing. Vol'Jin started the spitting. Vol'Jin was told to be an advisor, but he disrespected Thrall's wishes and had a hissy fit while openly plotting against Garrosh, who had done nothing wrong.
    how did u come to that conclusion?

Deleted
    I wanted Vol'Jin more than anyone. Horde will certainly be more colourful with Vol'Jin as it's leader and he looked so badass when he said "I speak for da horde" *_*

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as long as it's not either Baine, Gallywix or The Green Jesus I'm happy. Would've liked Theron more but it's okay :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunzium View Post
    Honestly, as long as it's not either Baine, Gallywix or The Green Jesus I'm happy. Would've liked Theron more but it's okay :P
    if baine had a new model i would have even considered him as an option... but yeh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wheres the option 'disappointed'.

My concern isn't with vol'jin being in charge. my concern is that of the orcs, and since the hordes story has always been the orcs against the humans, this is a pretty bleak turning point for all orcs.
    after the slaughter at Orgrimmar Orcs need time to regroup as they lack numbers atm... I think a massive immigration from other Orcish tribes into Orgrimmar is inevitable (Blackrock for instance)

once their numbers have increased and they return to a good state I can see another Human vs. Orc story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It's about time they ruffled some feathers, Vol'jin is a good start, he made the right choice asking for help from the Alliance, even though i am sure he hated having to, he put the wellbeing of the Horde before his own dislikes. That is a sign of a good leader. We can only hope he continues to do so.
    As a long-time Warcraft fan, Vol'jin is the only one I would cheer for. The other leaders are either too evil/selfish (Sylvanas / Gallywix) or too new in Warcraft (Lor'themar/Baine) to take over the role of Horde leader. I'm also quite glad Thrall didn't come back, for the same reason as mentioned by The Glitch, and because I think Thrall has outgrown the Warchief position. I'd say it'd be best to give him a background part now, if Metzen can do that, and let some others take the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Warchief
    The Warchief, or War Chief, is the military leader of the Orcish Horde, similar to a king or Supreme Allied Commander among humans. The post is an ancient tradition, but was forgotten during the civil wars that plagued Draenor following the defeat of the Draenei. After the Horde crossed into Azeroth, Gul'dan revived the office to gain control of the orcs through the puppet Warchief. On Draenor, Ner'zhul took the title in the event Gul'dan should ever return. The Warchief is now the title of the Horde's supreme leader, though his duties no longer include simply war.

Whether they are leader of the entire horde or not, the leader of the Orcs will always hold the title of the Warchief. Technically Thrall holds this title since Garrosh was recently deposed and Thrall held the title before Garrosh was appointed to it.

There is nothing that specifically says that the Warchief of the Horde must be an Orc, but the leader of the Orcs will always be a Warcheif.
    You are using a definition which applied to the Old Horde, a Horde that no longer exists. When Thrall started his Horde, it was his rules. If Thrall states that a Troll can be the Warchief in his Horde, then so be it. Being as he sees the Tauren and Trolls as his brothers, he has no problem trusting them to do what's right for his people, they can't do much worse than the last Orcish Warchief.
    Last edited by Ultramonkey; 2013-09-12 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Bolded part is the only part that matters

What really would of been fun HOZEN! and don't say that could never happen, we have Obama after all. wait foooooor it here come the haters.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-13 at 07:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.
    This^

We all knew it was going to come to this, no surprise here. It was a given, even when Blizz said "its going to surprise you. not what you would expect"

roflmao

it was a very 'safe' choice. Honestly i expected it, don't really see much different between thrall horde and voljin horde in the future to be honest. Indifferent i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde. I don't hate it, but I wanted Lor'themar. Oh well, Lok'tar Ogar.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    how did u come to that conclusion?
    Tell me what Garrosh had done to deserve Vol'Jin's ire prior to MoP when things started getting crazy.