Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Yeah. Comparing Vol'jin to Mekkatorque just shows how little somebody is actually paying attention or cares. Vol'jin's been a very proactive force in the MoP storyline. It's also difficult to compare Mekkatorque and Vol'jin, even if they did exactly the same things this xpac, because of the history Vol'jin has, versus Mekkatorque's...less grand one. Vol'jin's got that WC3 Horde cred.
    Lol great wc3 cred we saved him from a sea witch and some murlocs.. He's a bad ass mofo for sure.. And then he was there for the ride.. If u want true Wc3 horde heroes you have thrall, rexxar or cairne..

What great development? Getting stabbed and healing with the help of the shado pan.. And going in some useless adventures with a human friend.. And getting some loa visions.. Did he do something to help the horde during that time? No.. It had to be the player and thrall that stoped the invasion of the echo isles by the krokon.. And it was anduin and the player that stoped the bell from getting into the hands of garrosh..

He was babysited in every step by other ppl.. Plus in comparison of just simple power he has nothing on most horde leaders or aliance ones.. He's weak.. Thats why he always turns to others for help.. Including the aliance..

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    And that's a problem with the Alliance, not the Horde.

The Horde is the one that's getting better development here, having other races get some of the spotlight is not a bad thing.

No, its not. It not neccesary to have a non Orc Warchief to have other races get some spotlight either. They could have given more spotlight to other races and more spotlight to Vol'jin, Lo'themar, etc while putting Thrall was Warchief, like they should (and again, even Vol'jin and Varian KNEW that Thrall was the one that should have been Warchief).

The story would havebeen a better one with Thrall in charge instead of someone who hasnt done a single thing to justify being there.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-09-13 at 11:17 AM.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jins literally fought against nobody significant in all the time he's been in the story. He's always been standing back well others fight around him.

Only time he has fought anyone, has been the sea witch and zalazane, which nobody can regard with any significance in the story.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Lol great wc3 cred we saved him from a sea witch and some murlocs.. He's a bad ass mofo for sure.. And then he was there for the ride.. If u want true Wc3 horde heroes you have thrall, rexxar or cairne..

What great development? Getting stabbed and healing with the help of the shado pan.. And going in some useless adventures with a human friend.. And getting some loa visions.. Did he do something to help the horde during that time? No.. It had to be the player and thrall that stoped the invasion of the echo isles by the krokon.. And it was anduin and the player that stoped the bell from getting into the hands of garrosh..

He was babysited in every step by other ppl.. Plus in comparison of just simple power he has nothing on most horde leaders or aliance ones.. He's weak.. Thats why he always turns to others for help.. Including the aliance..
    This is exactly the problem with it. I mean its like the Gnome leader, Genn, or Velen taking over the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    This is exactly the problem with it. I mean its like the Gnome leader, Genn, or Velen taking over the alliance.
    At least in velens excuse, he's not a fighter and never shown to be, so you can't expect it from him. Vol'jin? He's been paraded as a shadow hunter for years, yet we never seen him do anything to present it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Warchief should have been another Orc, preferably Saurfang or the half-Orc/half-Ogre Rexxar. I would have choose Rexxar, because that would be a great intro for Ogres joining up with the Horde.
    Except why would an orc half-breed, who feels more kinship with animals than other orcs, ever decide to take up court politics? A mantle of leadership is the absolute LAST thing they should do with Rexxar. That'd be like Marvel making Wolverine the U.N. Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    At least in velens excuse, he's not a fighter and never shown to be, so you can't expect it from him. Vol'jin? He's been paraded as a shadow hunter for years, yet we never seen him do anything to present it.
    Well to be honest it's right there in the name, "shadow hunter". If he was completely out in full view and bright light he wouldn't be a "shadow" hunter would he? If you can tell where the shadow hunters strike, then they're kinda shitty shadow hunters.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-09-13 at 01:54 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    I love how Trassk has started to hate vol'jin just because he's the Warchief in Thrall's place. hilarious. i just hope blizzard don't end up killing off vol'jin to appease him and the other Thrall fans, like they did with garrosh.

on topic, as an alliance player i like it. orcs have their warchief back, albeit not as their warchief, and the horde has a new kind of leader. We'll see where it goes.

Deleted
    "Hey what if they made Sylvanas a warchief? that would be amazing and now this shitty troll, I hate it" fanboys were' ya' at?
    OT: I'm happy that Vol'jin is WC and don't see any problem in it.

Deleted
    Well, there's a chance of Vol'jin dying fast in the role of the Warchief or simply snapping from the pressure of being one. From the Vol'jin book Bwonsamdi told him:

"....for the burden your victory earns gonna be one that will grind you into dust". So, despite Vol'jin surviving the poisoned dagger, something will grind him to dust eventually, and maybe Rexxard/Thrall will take his place, thus bringing sunshine into Trassk's world.

I am not going to vote cause my opinion does reflect the chooses available. I am horde and I am fine with it, not saying I like it but I certainly do not hate it. Vol'jin has been building up to become the Warchief so it was already pretty obvious he was the most likely contender. Vol'jin is a fine character but I to say I like the choice is a big overstatement.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Corrected WRONG.

As a Shadow Hunter Vol'jin is respected even by Zandalari.
    Interesting thought just popped into my head. The Zandalari need a home, right? And if it's true that Vol'jin is respected even by them. Could we see the Zandalari merge into Vol'jin's Horde down the line?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Well, there's a chance of Vol'jin dying fast in the role of the Warchief or simply snapping from the pressure of being one. From the Vol'jin book Bwonsamdi told him:

"....for the burden your victory earns gonna be one that will grind you into dust". So, despite Vol'jin surviving the poisoned dagger, something will grind him to dust eventually, and maybe Rexxard/Thrall will take his place, thus bringing sunshine into Trassk's world.
    I doubt Blizz would turn around and have another new Warchief for 7.0. The job would be as hazardous as teaching Defense against the Dark Arts.

I do think Vol'jin is going to be tested fast and early. By Sylvanas, Varian, and whatever the next big threat to the world is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that I do think is interesting about Vol'Jin being Warchief is how his leash on Sylvanas will be.

Garrosh proved that you could have the tightest leash on her that you wanted, but if you weren't intelligent enough, she'd find a way around it. Vol'Jin however, is intelligent. It will be interesting to see the tensions start to rise when the leash tightens and Sylvanas not being able to simply go around it.

I don't see a civil war or anything starting over it, but it's still an interesting angle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Interesting thought just popped into my head. The Zandalari need a home, right? And if it's true that Vol'jin is respected even by them. Could we see the Zandalari merge into Vol'jin's Horde down the line?

wait what happend to Zuldazar? I thought the zandalari had a home and an empire on an island in the Sea?

nevermind, i googled it for myself, i had not realized it was 'destroyed' during the shattering.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think vol'jin wants anything to do with the Zandalari.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-13 at 02:56 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Vol'jin was the guy in the shadows with one job: Securing Horde in Kalimdor and to some extent Eastern Kingdoms (wrathgate event).
    He is the dude that sends assassins too.

Vol'jin is badass - Thrall will return to the orcs as warchief. (i hope so though -but it is a safe bet)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually didn't want to know until I experienced the raid cinematic myself but I gave in and now that I know who the new Warchief is I'm pretty disappointed. I mean I'm fine with Vol'Jin being new Warchief it's just I think Blizzard could've made it more interesting instead of choosing an obvious choice.

If only Blizzard didn't kill off Nazgrim I think he would've been the best choice but noooo Blizzard wanted him to die.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-09-13 at 03:04 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    For Vol'Jin MON'!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    wait what happend to Zuldazar? I thought the zandalari had a home and an empire on an island in the Sea?

nevermind, i googled it for myself, i had not realized it was 'destroyed' during the shattering.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think vol'jin wants anything to do with the Zandalari.

With the might of the horde in his hands - he can try to bring in other trolls - and become king of all trolls at the same time. Vol'jin became the most powerful troll when blizzard made him warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm more interested in, who's going to be the next orc racial leader?

If you think about it, in gameplay terms, who the warchief is doesn't make that much of a difference. The troll racial leader is still the same, it's the orc one that changes. As soon as we know who it is, that'll make a difference, albeit a small one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    This the same Orgrim who trained Thrall, the notorious Alliance lover? Vol'Jin has no love for the Alliance, he only allowed their aid because Garrosh had to go and he couldn't do it alone.

Also, Baine loves Anduin and Lor'themar was close to joining the Alliance in the build-up to the Siege.
    ^this
    stop whining you little kid(OP), vol'jin is obvious the best choice.