Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    What I'm more interested in, who's going to be the next orc racial leader?

If you think about it, in gameplay terms, who the warchief is doesn't make that much of a difference. The troll racial leader is still the same, it's the orc one that changes. As soon as we know who it is, that'll make a difference, albeit a small one.
    its thrall. I think that was pretty obvious..

[Wowpedia]
    After Garrosh's capture, Thrall personally chose Vol'jin to hold the Horde together and pledged his allegiance to him, along with the remaining leaders of the faction. He also resumed his rule over the orcish clans of the Horde and the nation of Durotar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    ^this
    stop whining you little kid(OP), vol'jin is obvious the best choice.
    except the fact vol'jin sucks when it comes to combat.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its thrall. I think that was pretty obvious..
    Not from the cinematic. He just said he'd follow him, I think wowpedia is reaching on this a tad. At least according to the lore outside of the game, Thrall is now very attached to his new duties in the Earthen Ring.

However, if definitive confirmation on this comes from, say, his text when you speak to him after the cinematic, then yes, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

I believe that we will be seeing Vol'jin as warchief and his character development for a good while with upcoming expansions. for one the horde needs stability built back up and I think it will be awesome to see Vol'jin worthy of being the warchief and finding it out himself.

I don't see why people are so disappointed in this. It was obvious that he was going to be the new warchief and I'm glad I happened. Things have to be changed and having a Troll as warchief is a change that needed to come to the game. If you don't like it then go alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Disapointed that blizz lied about it being someone we didn't expect.
    I quit horde and went alliance after seeing it was vol'jin who (Lets face it) has done little beyond leading a rebelion (which almost failed horribly as he wasted all his siege weapons) and dying.
    Lor'themar is likely to fade back into obsqurity.
    However i'm happy gilneas will get some love soonTM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Me'dan is still inexperienced and young... but Thrall is old and with alot of experience. :P perhaps when Thrall is crucified (it will happen very very soon.) Me'dan will take it's place.
    You know that's what make him even more Mary-sue..., he's young, inexperience and super mega powerfull! he's a warrior, paladin, shaman, druid, priest!

Thrall's power can, at least, be explained... we saw him when he became a warrior, and we saw his journay as a shaman, so at least, he's not unexplicable OP...

Deleted
    I'm pretty satisfied with the choice of the new Warchief, tbh. Vol'jin is a great character, and while I don't mind him sitting on the Warchief's throne at all, the only complaint I have is that the finale of SoO was so very predictable.

Vol'jin is awesome. Trolls are the best Horde race. What's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    except the fact vol'jin sucks when it comes to combat.
    it's a problem only in a universe where ass-kicking equals authority. which, sadly, is what the WoW-verse is.
    but in reality. a leader's ability in combat is not actually that central or important. that's what military bureaucracies are for.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    Not from the cinematic. He just said he'd follow him, I think wowpedia is reaching on this a tad. At least according to the lore outside of the game, Thrall is now very attached to his new duties in the Earthen Ring.

However, if definitive confirmation on this comes from, say, his text when you speak to him after the cinematic, then yes, my bad.
    you don't seem to understand. Vol'jin is warchief, but Thrall is leader of the orcs once more. Don't equate the two together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it's a problem only in a universe where ass-kicking equals authority. which, sadly, is what the WoW-verse is.
    but in reality. a leader's ability in combat is not actually that central or important. that's what military bureaucracies are for.
    thats why i base it on wow's sense of logic.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    He is the only one of the horde faction leaders that stood up to Garrosh from the moment he became warchief, and didn't make a ton of empty threats like the others before they got on board with Vol'jin's rebellion.

So yeah, he's pretty much the one that truly deserved it.

I would have loved to see Sylvanas as the leader, but honestly I don't care. I wasn't playing when they pumped Vol'jin for the role, so it was a small surprise. Anyway, where is the "I'm indifferent" option?

I like it, they changed a key element, a non orc leading the horde that is rather nice and refreshing, I would love to see human dominance being broken on the Alliance side as well, could turn out quite interesting.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    With the might of the horde in his hands - he can try to bring in other trolls - and become king of all trolls at the same time. Vol'jin became the most powerful troll when blizzard made him warchief.
    Vol'jin might not even be the one to initiate things. Zul may come to him with a proposal of alligning the Zandalar with the Horde. After all, we did just decimate them in the process of taking out their buddy Lei'shen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    He is the only one of the horde faction leaders that stood up to Garrosh from the moment he became warchief, and didn't make a ton of empty threats like the others before they got on board with Vol'jin's rebellion.

So yeah, he's pretty much the one that truly deserved it.
    I am yet to see him pierce a heart

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Vol'jin is less a Warchief and more a Diplomatchief.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    ^this
    stop whining you little kid(OP), vol'jin is obvious the best choice.
    The diference is they dont beg for aliance help everytime they have a problem..

Also Baine has respect for anduin but he never requested anything from anduin and Lor'themar was thinking of joining the aliance because the horde at that time wasnt the horde he wanted to be part of.. Voljin also considered joining the zandalari for some time..

And thrall wasent a aliance lover.. He never asked for help from the aliance at any point.. It was always kinda of a "oh you guys are here great this should get done faster" thrall was a good diplomat.. But voljin is nothing like that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I quit horde and went alliance after seeing it was vol'jin
    /facepalm, that's some serious reason to quit faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    /facepalm, that's some serious reason to quit faction.
    Actually, yeah, it is.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that there are people in the community, who base so much of what they enjoy on the lore and its characters?

Not everything in life is something you can just wash off and carry on, sometimes shit happens and people hate it. thats life.

Or do you imagine all political voters around the world vote for the same leader, or they are perfectly happy when the one they were against gets in power?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    As opposed to Garrosh, the lazy-ass who sat out defending his people in Nagrand because he had daddy issues. Vol'Jin had a legitimate reason for resting.

I hate this unwritten rule that only an Orc can be Warchief. Thrall established the Horde and he requested that Vol'Jin lead them.
    It's because people think the Orcish Horde = WoW's Horde. The leader of the orcs and some goblin mercenaries/ogres was an orc? Herp derp, big shocker. Not really relevant to the actual Horde today.

I remember in Cataclysm everyone was begging Blizzard to make Vol'jin Warchief. Now, many people suddenly hate him....