View Poll Results: Your thoughts

Voters
1324. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Horde and I hate it

    197 14.88%
  • I'm Horde and I like it

    705 53.25%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

    78 5.89%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

    344 25.98%
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Not all of us orc fans are angry about this development, just want to point that out to people. I have been a huge orc player since WC2, was happy with the changes to the faction in WC3 and have been a big supporter of the horde faction for years. Garrosh made me question my faith in the faction because I didn't want to regress back to the same old warmongers. This hordite is proud to have a true brother of the Horde as Warchief.

    Too bad a small minority of others can't see past the race to what the Horde is about.

  2. #482
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I love Thralls story, and have no hate against Orcs as a rule, I just also know that stagnant waters start to smell after a while, it's better to drink from a fresh pool. This is why I like Vol'jin being given the chance to shine and show what he's made of, you keep saying they hardly have any backstory, then let them have a story, this is their chance to go deep into another race and give them the depth they need.
    We've already seen what Vol'jin's made of, and it's nothing impressive. In regards to races lacking back story, there's no reason to betray a core aspect of the game just to develop another race. If it takes a race being poster boy for a faction to recieve development, then having a different race leading the faction will only cure the symptoms, NOT the problem.

  3. #483
    Vol'jin is a coward and doesn't deserve to be the leader of the Horde.

  4. #484
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Not all of us orc fans are angry about this development, just want to point that out to people. I have been a huge orc player since WC2, was happy with the changes to the faction in WC3 and have been a big supporter of the horde faction for years. Garrosh made me question my faith in the faction because I didn't want to regress back to the same old warmongers. This hordite is proud to have a true brother of the Horde as Warchief.

    Too bad a small minority of others can't see past the race to what the Horde is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Nope, don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    This is a game. A game with a story written by writers. So really, you keep deluding yourself that your amazing "analysis" has any merit to a fictional universe of elves and space goats.
    I'm pretty sure we stopped counting your opinion the minute you fell back on "Nope don't care about counter arguments" and "Lol, just a game."

    I'll happily debate with you, but not with arguments like the ones you've presented.


    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?
    God forbid I disagree with someone, at least I'm contributing constructively to this thread, unlike some others, I could name *points to the quote above*

    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Vol'jin is a coward and doesn't deserve to be the leader of the Horde.
    There we go! That's the spirit!

    OT: I'm not saying other races shouldn't recieve development, I'm all for that, what I am saying, however, is that a core aspect of the Franchise itself, shouldn't be betrayed FOR the development of other races. Trolls don't need to be leading the Horde to recieve development, just like Velen doesn't have to be High King to actually have the Draenei do something.

  5. #485
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,995
    what I find funny is, how people wanted to draw on Thralls faults for years, or hype up some things about his character as being bad to them in order to ridicule him.
    likewise, people who hated Garrosh had his faults drawn up and spoke out about it.

    Yet, because the idea of Vol'jin is new, people don't seem capable of seeing the faults in having vol'jin as warchief, not paying attention to his lack of character or backstory, or how any development he's gotten, has been force feed into the story in the last few months.

    like I say, people think because somethings new, its great, yet given a few years, people will be saying how they hate vol'jin and want a new warchief.

  6. #486
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what I find funny is, how people wanted to draw on Thralls faults for years, or hype up some things about his character as being bad to them in order to ridicule him.
    likewise, people who hated Garrosh had his faults drawn up and spoke out about it.

    Yet, because the idea of Vol'jin is new, people don't seem capable of seeing the faults in having vol'jin as warchief, not paying attention to his lack of character or backstory, or how any development he's gotten, has been force feed into the story in the last few months.

    like I say, people think because somethings new, its great, yet given a few years, people will be saying how they hate vol'jin and want a new warchief.
    People enjoyed Thrall when he was not given very much screen time. His over-exposure in Cataclysm is what drove most of us away.

  7. #487
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden, European Union
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    like I say, people think because somethings new, its great, yet given a few years, people will be saying how they hate vol'jin and want a new warchief.
    Haha. Where the fuck have you been living? In a cave?

    Human nature is that they dislike the new, but give it some time and they love it and don't want it to change. That is just basic human behavior, seriously? lol you made me laugh

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm pretty sure we stopped counting your opinion the minute you fell back on "Nope don't care about counter arguments" and "Lol, just a game." I'll happily debate with you, but not with arguments like the ones you've presented.
    You likely stopped counting my opinions, but that is fine, because my opinions are for those that see reason rather then "Orc Orc Orc". I stopped counting your own opinions ages ago, and now am simply pointing out that not all of us orc fans are as bitter as you few are. I wanted those that see you and Trassk argue endlessly about the destruction of the franchise and point out that orc loving players like me can see beyond such a petty hate.

    God forbid I disagree with someone, at least I'm contributing constructively to this thread, unlike some others, I could name *points to the quote above*
    There we go! That's the spirit!
    In regard to an nonconstructive Vol'jin bashing post.

    What were you saying a minute ago about "Constructive"? I guess being "constructive" only matters when the people are not agreeing with you. If they agree with you though? Sure let them call a random character a coward and that he does not deserve a fictional title. Woop Woop.

  9. #489
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

    OT: I'm not saying other races shouldn't recieve development, I'm all for that, what I am saying, however, is that a core aspect of the Franchise itself, shouldn't be betrayed FOR the development of other races. Trolls don't need to be leading the Horde to recieve development, just like Velen doesn't have to be High King to actually have the Draenei do something.
    This is what I agree with. I think it was working out fine in mists in regards to other races getting development, the blood elves for example, gave a race that needed development, and I would have been happy if they just did the same with other races as it went along. But instead, they had to throw a curve ball and fuck up the orcs story, with making a non-orc the hordes leader. If they just made an orc its leader, and carry on giving development to the other races it would have been fine, because it would have developed there races in there own way, like it worked with the blood elves.
    Instead, they intertwined the orcs story that it can't work without a troll leading them now, and it fucks up the orcs story as a result. they could have just chosen an orc warchief, one with some honor to his name, be it Saurfang, Thrall or another, and that would have been fine. But they decided to go for a twist for shock value.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    People enjoyed Thrall when he was not given very much screen time. His over-exposure in Cataclysm is what drove most of us away.
    which means vol'jin will be the subject of hate in a years time, knowing how this thing works. unless of course vol'jin sits around doing nothing from now on.

  10. #490
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    In regard to an nonconstructive Vol'jin bashing post.

    What were you saying a minute ago about "Constructive"? I guess being "constructive" only matters when the people are not agreeing with you. If they agree with you though? Sure let them call a random character a coward and that he does not deserve a fictional title. Woop Woop.
    You mean someone in a thread that is specifically asking what our thoughts on the new warchief are is giving their thoughts on the new warchief? Isn't constructive? That's rather odd, isn't it?

  11. #491
    It getting ridiculous really. No, it's not a death of a franchise. Yes, Vol'jin are awesome. And yes, organizing the Rebellion makes him a great candidate. Just look at de Gaulle

  12. #492
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,995
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It getting ridiculous really. No, it's not a death of a franchise. Yes, Vol'jin are awesome. And yes, organizing the Rebellion makes him a great candidate. Just look at de Gaulle
    you got that all wrong, I didn't say death of a franchise, I meant death of a concept in the franchise, that being orcs being the face of the horde. with vol'jin in charge, trolls become the face of the horde, and the orcs get shafted.

  13. #493
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,376
    Aggra? She would have been horrible! Not to mention how un-Hordelike she is!

    Frankly I was hoping for the dearest Blood Elf boss, but Vol'jin is totally fine in my books.

    I'm Alliance at heart but I've really only been playing Horde since I had a scroll of res in March 2012. I will be keeping my main Horde, now.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  14. #494
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It getting ridiculous really. No, it's not a death of a franchise. Yes, Vol'jin are awesome. And yes, organizing the Rebellion makes him a great candidate.
    Vol'jin is anything but awesome and as I have said time and time again in this thread, The only person that should be credited with the success of organizing the rebellion is Garrosh Hellscream.

  15. #495
    Dreadlord Ciarán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wandering Isle
    Posts
    787
    What I don't get is that people assume that nothing will change in the structure of the Horde, that the Warchief will still be the defacto face and the rest is irrelevant. Just look at Vol'Jin's reaction in the cinematic, assuming Blizz builds on that he will be working far more closely with the other leaders than any of his predecessors, including Thrall, which in turn leads to a far more diverse image of the Horde.

    Maybe it's just me, but Varian isn't really the one face of the Alliance, now is he? Face of the humans, absolutely, but not the face of Alliance as a whole.
    Vol'Jin is the face of the Trolls (ain't no pretty face either), has been for ages and he will remain as such but I doubt he will be the one face of the Horde like Thrall was.

    EDIT: I must say though, that I find it entertaining that the most vocal Garrosh basher has suddenly switched teams and is now bashing Vol'Jin. You'd almost think it's about the act of bashing itself.

  16. #496
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,494
    It's nice to see a character from Warcraft III get some more attention. I approve. He's been a bit whiny in the past few expansions, but hopefully he'll get back to his badass roots.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  17. #497
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It's nice to see a character from Warcraft III get some more attention. I approve. He's been a bit whiny in the past few expansions, but hopefully he'll get back to his badass roots.
    vol'jins not got any badass roots though. His backstory has nothing to it to suggest this. He had to be saved by Thrall and the orcs from murlocs, then.. nothing much else in wc3, and absolutely nothing in wow until cata and his speech in the starting zone, and then.. like a f**king rock from the sky, his character forced driven with a book and shoved into the foreground.

    I would not have minded, if Vol'jin was a character with some long standing good character development over all the years he's been in the horde. but he's had none. Everything people say about vol'jin now stems from the last half a year blizzard has thrown vol'jin banners at us telling us to acknowledge his presence in the story, and thats all its been.

    This is a character that for 6 years, did nothing except crack a beer keg open as brewfest. Back then, even I remember thinking to myself "who is this guy, whats he done? does he even have a backstory?"

  18. #498
    Doesn't matter to me either way. It could have been an innkeeper from Org and the future of the Horde would be the same. Maybe it's just because i'm not really into lore.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It's nice to see a character from Warcraft III get some more attention. I approve. He's been a bit whiny in the past few expansions, but hopefully he'll get back to his badass roots.
    He's never really had "Badass" roots. But he CAN be if Blizzard would give him something to do.

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    vol'jins not got any badass roots though. His backstory has nothing to it to suggest this. He had to be saved by Thrall and the orcs from murlocs, then.. nothing much else in wc3, and absolutely nothing in wow until cata and his speech in the starting zone, and then.. like a f**king rock from the sky, his character forced driven with a book and shoved into the foreground.

    I would not have minded, if Vol'jin was a character with some long standing good character development over all the years he's been in the horde. but he's had none. Everything people say about vol'jin now stems from the last half a year blizzard has thrown vol'jin banners at us telling us to acknowledge his presence in the story, and thats all its been.

    This is a character that for 6 years, did nothing except crack a beer keg open as brewfest. Back then, even I remember thinking to myself "who is this guy, whats he done? does he even have a backstory?"
    Still ignoring the pre-cata event stuff and the Troll starting area, aren't we.
    Is there even still a reason to take your words seriously Trassk?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •