Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The political leader of a group doesn't need to racially represent the majority of his people. Obama is the president of the United States.

To be honest, only people who hate change will hate Vol'jin being warchief. Stories progress, characters rise and fall. You can't stick to principles established from the beginning and expect to get by without changing up the formula.

I understand people want war in WARcraft. But it's a common theme to have the two factions united to face a common evil, that will probably always be the way it is, because if lorewise any faction got a serious gameplay changing advantage, it wouldn't be fair.
    Ahm the aliance kinda raped our capital.. Destroyed our elite Kor'kron and are lorewise depicted as being stronger than the horde.. Heck they are going to retake gilneas and almost blockade sylvanas in undercity..

Game play wise the advantage wount be great but from a story prespective you could say it's kinda messed up for the horde player.. Expecialy when the horde so far lost all the wars it had with the aliance..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    lvl 80 Thrall sent us to kill lvl 15 mobs in his basement.
    You cant really compare the achievements Thrall did over his life time with Voljin.. Lol..

Both quest wise and just story wise..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetola View Post
    A little off point, but I'd just like to say I don't understand why people associate the "War" in Warcraft meaning Alliance v Horde and only that. Don't we "war" with all sorts of baddies? The Legion, the Scourge, Deathwing, and now Garrosh and his false horde. Alliance and Horde can make peace, or at least a cease-fire, and we'll still maintain a war, just not with eachother; with all the rest of Warcraft universe.
    Because alliance vs horde makes an "us vs them" situation among the players that has potential to create real drama. Wars against other baddies creates loot pinatas.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I loved Vol'jin
    Until they presented him as alliance-asses kisser
    There is HUGE difference between Thrall who talked to alliance leaders as equal, and Vol'jin who went all way to kiss their asses to get help
    Baine suggested help from alliance, Lorthemar Theron was thinking of joining them again, but at least they did NOT beg alliance for help like Vol'jin
    At first i loved old Vol'jin, who was support of Thrall, stand vs Garrosh alone no fear, now they developed Vol'jin to a wimp who accept that horde get insulted in THEIR capital and not even a reply or anything
    At Sylvannas barely nodded to him as warchief, hope for her to fix things

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Then why a separation at all? Lets make a best buddys club and end the aliance and horde..

Warcarft was made with orcs and humans at war.. MoP was supposed to be all about it.. And to some extent it was.. So yes that is what the developers want aswell..
    And to some extent, that was resolved. IE, Garrosh's war effort squashed. And just because we're not openly warring, that doesn't mean we'd have to be besties. Think USA and Russia now (no politics, bro). Checkered history, but currently in a tenuous alliance. Besides, you know Alliance and Horde have "come together" to overcome the greater evils in Azeroth before, why not again? Again, doesn't mean we need to integrate and start learning Common/Orcish, but when facing greater-than-us type threats (like say, an impending Legion assault), it makes no sense for either side to be engaged in massive campaigns against eachother.

Deleted
    Where are the "I play both" options in the poll? Because as of now, the poll is either faking or omitting a chunk of possible votes. Like mine - "I play both, and I'm a bit disappointed".

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    At first I loved Vol'jin
    Until they presented him as alliance-asses kisser
    There is HUGE difference between Thrall who talked to alliance leaders as equal, and Vol'jin who went all way to kiss their asses to get help
    Baine suggested help from alliance, Lorthemar Theron was thinking of joining them again, but at least they did NOT beg alliance for help like Vol'jin
    At first i loved old Vol'jin, who was support of Thrall, stand vs Garrosh alone no fear, now they developed Vol'jin to a wimp who accept that horde get insulted in THEIR capital and not even a reply or anything
    At Sylvannas barely nodded to him as warchief, hope for her to fix things
    He actually originally said to varian "get the hell out of my city" after varians "we will end you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    He actually originally said to varian "get the hell out of my city" after varians "we will end you"
    He did ? I must check that NOW
    He didn't... how disappointing
    Yeah the proud horde turned now to alliance kissers
    Last edited by sam86; 2013-09-14 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard couldn't have picked a worse choice. I don't hate Vol'jin, nor do I think the Horde must be led by an orc. What I have a problem with is Vol'jin being the Warchief.

The only reason people started liking Vol'jin was because he threatened Garrosh, who not many people liked at the time. After that Vol'jin spent an entire book being a spineless pushover while Baine took the heat for opposing Garrosh. If anything Baine has put in more effort to keep the Horde together, while Vol'jin was ready to leave because Garrosh called him out for not doing much in Northrend.

It would have been better if there was no new Warchief.
    Last edited by Clone; 2013-09-14 at 10:40 PM.

Ahm the aliance kinda raped our capital.. Destroyed our elite Kor'kron and are lorewise depicted as being stronger than the horde.. Heck they are going to retake gilneas and almost blockade sylvanas in undercity..

Game play wise the advantage wount be great but from a story prespective you could say it's kinda messed up for the horde player.. Expecialy when the horde so far lost all the wars it had with the aliance..

- - - Updated - - -

You cant really compare the achievements Thrall did over his life time with Voljin.. Lol..

Both quest wise and just story wise..
    Except for one thing, blizzard rarely ever makes players of one faction at a disadvantage in ANY meaningful way when it comes to faction balance. Horde could lose a ton of battles in the story, but gameplay wise they'd never feel that way, because that isn't fun. So in the end, it doesn't matter that the alliance took out the Kor'kron or have a blockade on Sylvanas, because it doesn't effect us at all.

Deleted
    Yeah like Vol'jin responding acordingly to the aliance player and then the speach being changed so aliance feels above the horde..

If it didnt make it into the game no point bringing it up..

Boring but safe. He's someone to put in charge if you don't want any major wars anytime soon, Sylvannas would've been the most exciting (and disastrous).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Except for one thing, blizzard rarely ever makes players of one faction at a disadvantage in ANY meaningful way when it comes to faction balance. Horde could lose a ton of battles in the story, but gameplay wise they'd never feel that way, because that isn't fun. So in the end, it doesn't matter that the alliance took out the Kor'kron or have a blockade on Sylvanas, because it doesn't effect us at all.
    It affects us because its not fun too see your faction turning into something you dont like.. Or do you play games just for the gameplay and dont care about the story at all?

He did? link?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Ive played this game since vanilla and the fact that Thrall was warchief at first didnt really affect my gameplay anything. As long as Voljin doesnt decidedes to delete characters im fine with everyone as warchief, hell Gamon would be awesome

Deleted
    I think the warchief should be an orc so I'm not a fan. Also looked at all the warchiefs the Horde has had and Vol'jin has a few tough acts to follow. What you'll see below is why I love the Horde, it's so much more fucking interesting than the Alliance, look at the leaders we get through!

Blackhand — First Warchief of the Horde during the First War between Stormwind and the Horde. In a surprise attack lead by Orgrim Doomhammer, he was slain and Orgrim took his place as Warchief.

Orgrim Doomhammer — Warchief of the Horde during the end of the First War, having slain Blackhand and taken his place, and the entirety of the Second War.

Ner'zhul — Warchief of the Horde of Draenor. He created several portals to escape Draenor after the end of the Second War, but was captured by Kil'jaeden, who transformed him into the Lich King of the Scourge.

Thrall — Warchief of the Horde. Son of Durotan, liberator of the orcs and chieftan of the Frostwolf clan. As the greatest shaman ever known he stepped down to join the Earthen Ring in stabilizing the world following the Cataclysm.

Garrosh Hellscream — Warchief of the Horde. Son of Grom Hellscream. Reinvited by Thrall to join the Horde after the reopening of the Dark Portal and quickly advancing to the position of personal adviser, he was chosen by Thrall to be the Warchief when he stepped down to join the Earthen Ring. Deposed by the Alliance and Darkspear Rebellion due to the warmongering and genocidal policy towards non-orcs.

Vol'jin - Warchief of the Horde. Son of Sen'jin. Shadow Hunter and chieftain of the Darkspear tribe. Became Warchief following Garrosh's defeat at the Siege of Orgrimmar. The first non-orc to hold the position.

I said I'd be happy with anyone but Lor'themar, so I remain 100% satisfied from the cinematic.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So from all the new lore the only change is the race of the Warchief and that makes it reasonable to state that Warcraft is now "Trolls vs Humans"?
    I can't even begin to describe how much I disagree with that.
    People can't fathom that Orcs aren't going on the back burner and Trolls aren't becoming the #1 race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I said I'd be happy with anyone but Lor'themar, so I remain 100% satisfied from the cinematic.
    Or Sylvannas. Do not know why people thought her becoming Warchief would make any sense or have any reasoning.

Deleted
    Garrosh for the Warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So from all the new lore the only change is the race of the Warchief and that makes it reasonable to state that Warcraft is now "Trolls vs Humans"?
    I can't even begin to describe how much I disagree with that.
    Blizzard pretty much anihalated all the work orcs did to redeem themselfs.. Add to that the fact that the best of the horde army the Kor'kron was destoyed in SoO and all the Kor'kron u see in SoO are orcs.. And yes orcs will get the short stick of all of this..

What sense does it make to have a troll leader and the "humans vs orcs" still being the same? It wont.. The trolls and the other races will be the top races.. And the orcs will be on a short leash since "They always end up being the bad guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubiczek View Post
    Garrosh for the Warchief.
    your avatar will get your banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard pretty much anihalated all the work orcs did to redeem themselfs.. Add to that the fact that the best of the horde army the Kor'kron was destoyed in SoO and all the Kor'kron u see in SoO are orcs.. And yes orcs will get the short stick of all of this..

What sense does it make to have a troll leader and the "humans vs orcs" still being the same? It wont.. The trolls and the other races will be the top races.. And the orcs will be on a short leash since "They always end up being the bad guys"
    Its not, as you say, they killed so many orcs in this. They destroyed all the work and development the orcs had since WC3, and now reduce the orcs to the underdogs, lower then the trolls, which is fucking depressing to think about.

my only hope is for the orcs to grow strong against over time, and become the face of the horde once again.
    #boycottchina