Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because you know every roleplayer don't you? Think you got the delusional arrow the wrong way around.
    Are you shitting me right now? just because he doesn't know every role player doesn't make his statement any less true, they are not and never were a majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I think it's dumb how the horde has like zero democratic process. It's basically Thrall being like "dude, you did good at this rebellion shit, you're the next warchief bro." And all the other leaders are just like "eh, whatevs".
    What about the Horde EVER made you think "democracy"?

You know even the Alliance is ruled by a monarch, right? This IS medieval fantasy. And the Horde is more primal than that even...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Are you shitting me right now? just because he doesn't know every role player doesn't make his statement any less true, they are not and never were a majority of the playerbase.
    The majority of the Horde playerbase are Blood Elves. I guess because they're PRETTY ^_^ :P *sparkle sparkle*

Le sigh.

(disclaimer: I love my Blood Elf Priest)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde.
    There was a man with a tiny mustache leading an army of swastikas in Germany in the early 1940's that thought like this. Oh, and Garrosh too. You sure you want to mimic that sort of attitude? Besides, I find this claim of yours unsubstantiated. What makes trolls inferior? They certainly come across as morally superior to the orcs this expansion; at least they weren't stabbing their allies in the back. Tsk, tsk...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...
    You mean the Theron who just recently was in negotiations with the Alliance about rejoining them?
    You mean Baine who is best buds with the Human kings son, Anduin, and never agreed with Garrosh on anything?
    Nazgrel? From Thrallmar? Huh? Or you mean Nazgrim, Garroshes lackey?
    Aggra? Really? Aggra?

Nah, of all the Horde leadership only Saurfang and Voljin are fit to be Warchief. Saurfang because he is Saurfang, and Voljin because he is one of the 3 original leaders of the New Horde. Thrall resigned the position, Cairne is dead, Voljin is still around, he is qualified and he earned it. Thrall failed big time with Garrosh by appointing him, and by not preventing Theramore despite Jaina's pleas. Voljin stepped up and brought the Horde back from the brink of collapse from within.

I have a feeling most of the Horde player hate against Voljin comes from butthurt Belfs who wanted their boy Theron to be the Warchief. Which would have been a horrible idea by any measure.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-09-16 at 02:02 AM.

Saurfang is too old, just wants to retire and see no more of war. Also I think he sees himself as a soldier, not a great leader.

That's my read on his character anyway.

Plus of course, we haven't seen him since Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Saurfang is too old, just wants to retire and see no more of war. Also I think he sees himself as a soldier, not a great leader.

That's my read on his character anyway.

Plus of course, we haven't seen him since Wrath.
    I still wouldn't have had any complaints if they had made him warchief though, I could have looked past all of that :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What about the Horde EVER made you think "democracy"?

You know even the Alliance is ruled by a monarch, right? This IS medieval fantasy. And the Horde is more primal than that even...
    Monarchy makes sense. This is just Thrall...who is NOT warchief anymore...just picking out Vol'jin. I was hoping because there's no precedence for this that the horde citizenry would have been more involved. Maybe like something in public with a huge crowd. Instead it's like a shady backroom deal.

Monarchy makes sense. This is just Thrall...who is NOT warchief anymore...just picking out Vol'jin. I was hoping because there's no precedence for this that the horde citizenry would have been more involved. Maybe like something in public with a huge crowd. Instead it's like a shady backroom deal.
    Let's put it a different way: the rebellion that just conquered Orgrimmar and deposed Garrosh choose their leader. With the assent of the other Horde leaders.

It's right of conquest, bra. Lok'tar fucking Ogar.

Deleted
    As much as I don't have a problem with Vol'Jin being warchief, I do agree with this, it seemed a little sudden and kinda like Thrall had more to do with it than the other leaders, not sure whether the Bows to him were out of respect or just that they couldn't be bothered to argue with Thrall, especially Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix. Probably just because it would have taken too much cinematic time otherwise, but I would have liked to see a little more dialogue or debating between the other leaders.

The Horde was never a populist organization. Horde leadership is either hereditary or it the masses simply rallying behind and obeying the strongest of their kind. That is why Garrosh challenged Thrall before. None of the Horde leaders was chosen by their people, they either rule by might or rule by tradition or have been appointed and simply proven fit for the role as in case of Lorthemar who was appointed by Kael'thas, and stayed in power because no one else was fit for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's put it a different way: the rebellion that just conquered Orgrimmar and deposed Garrosh choose their leader. With the assent of the other Horde leaders.

It's right of conquest, bra. Lok'tar fucking Ogar.
    Bra? Lok'tar fucking Ogar? What are you in Beta Orgrim Omega or some shit?

I'm just saying Thrall picked the last warchief and we saw how that worked out. I think it would have been cool if there was more interaction from the citizenry, although it probably wouldn't have effected the outcome in this case.

As much as I don't have a problem with Vol'Jin being warchief, I do agree with this, it seemed a little sudden and kinda like Thrall had more to do with it than the other leaders, not sure whether the Bows to him were out of respect or just that they couldn't be bothered to argue with Thrall, especially Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix. Probably just because it would have taken too much cinematic time otherwise, but I would have liked to see a little more dialogue or debating between the other leaders.
    Sylvanas would have been simply told to STFU or GTFO, no one in the Horde is interested in her opinion. And for good reason. Lor'themar didn't have much of position to argue or interest to do so. Gallywix probably simply doesn't care, and again he is one of those people are tolerated rather then accepted by the rest of the Horde. He is a slime ball even by Goblin standards and has hardly any position to argue.

Baine probably approved the decision as it is. Baine has strong isolationist and conciliatory streaks when it comes to the Alliance, plus him and Voljin are buds. Voljin is almost a mentor figure.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-09-16 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Sylvanas would have been simply told to SFTU or GTFO, no one in the Horde is interested in her opinion. And for good reason. Lor'themar didn't have much of position to argue or interest to do so. Gallywix probably simply doesn't care, and again he is one of those people are tolerated rather then accepted by the rest of the Horde. He is a slime ball even by Goblin standards and has hardly any position to argue.

Baine probably approved the decision as it is. Baine has strong isolationist and conciliatory streaks when it comes to the Alliance, plus him and Voljin are buds. Voljin is almost a mentor figure.
    Yeah I know Baine, Thrall and Vol'jin are all buds, that's why I left them out, it makes sense that they would almost instantly accept the decision. Not sure, surely the other 3 together could have a small say, still, like I said, no massive biggy, was just a little weird to see them bowing almost straight away. Also, was there no Horde pandaren representitive there? Ji firepaw is the only one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, was there no Horde pandaren representitive there? Ji firepaw is the only one?
    Pandaren, like Tuskarr, are going to be completely forgotten next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    He got stabbed in the neck. He was dying.

Deleted
    It could only be Vol'jin, Baine is too inexpirienced, had Cairne still been alive, I would have him be the warchief without a doubt. Lor'themar, while he's a good leader and all I don't see many of the other races accepting him as their warchief. Sylvanas is just crazy and while her as warchief would certainly set shit in motion, she'll never gain that title unless it's taken by force. The orcs just lost their racial leader and warchief, who ever they put up as a candidate would most likely receive much resistance from the rest of the horde races, not so much the other leaders, but the people in general. Gallywix is just a big no, I wouldn't trust him with any kind of power, the guy is an asshole. So then we're back at Vol'jin who saw right through Garrosh from the start, who set this whole rebellion against him in motion.
    I for one welcome him as our new warchief.

The Alliance follows the humans, more or less, and the humans in Azeroth rule by blood right. In the Horde, they follow the Warchief, and the Warchief rules by might. Vol'jin's revolution found the allies needed to dethrone Garrosh. What we basically saw in that cinematic was a symbolic display of submission, not only by Thrall but by all other likely challengers for that rule by might, they all take their turn to "bare their throats" to him, if you will. Popular sovereignty really isn't a factor among the races of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    He was almost killed in that scenario, you know how much mage food you have to eat to recover 500+ million health? It takes awhile!

"Shadows of the Horde" isn't a great book, or a long one, but it does clarify that there was a bit more to Vol'jin's absence than just letting us do all the work.

I figured that:

-Lor'themar was sympathetic to the rebellion, respected Vol'jin and was probably just as happy to have a reasonable Warchief and not have to try to take over the whole Horde himself. Hell that would've been pretty messed up, it would probably not be welcomed by the Horde in Kalimdor and he'd be trying to rule the Horde and Silvermoon at the same time... and remember he still considers himself just the regent.

-Sylvanas certainly prefers Vol'jin or any other Thrall ally to Garrosh (who was openly antagonistic to her and her goals). Seriously doubt she had any designs on the throne of her own (to her the Horde is an alliance of convenience), probably views the whole rebellion as a welcome distraction from her actions in Lordaeron. And well, who knows what schemes she has cooking up? We'll have to wait and see.

-Gallywix, well it's not like anyone cares what he thinks, he doffs his hat because it pays to be nice to the new boss. He probably laid money on the next warchief being Vol'jin before he turned up in the room anyway :P

Yeah I know Baine, Thrall and Vol'jin are all buds, that's why I left them out, it makes sense that they would almost instantly accept the decision. Not sure, surely the other 3 together could have a small say, still, like I said, no massive biggy, was just a little weird to see them bowing almost straight away. Also, was there no Horde pandaren representitive there? Ji firepaw is the only one?
    Isn't Ji Firepaw the leader of the Huojin Pandaren, ie the Horde's Pandaren racial leader? I don't remember exactly who was there, but Taran Zhu was there to represent the Shado-Pan and all of Garrosh's victims in Pandaria. Chen was there somewhere I assume? He was involved in the Barrens campaign at least.