Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzard finally came up with a good battle cry for the Alliance!

    And it's :

    .............................................................
    WE WILL END YOU!
    .............................................................

    Empty threats, some say on the official forums, and we know that the Horde must exist so there is some kind of faction rivalry

    But still, it sounds cool.

    WE WILL END YOU! - it's in fact even better than : For the Alliance or For the Light (used by Lothar).

    Looks like Blizzard did keep trying and came up with a good Alliance battle cry that really compares to For the Horde. Balls.

    MY battle cry: WE WILL END YOU!

  2. #2
    Yet I feel that the battle cry of the horde is over 9000 (k) better.
    For the horde!

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,614
    Granted the fact that you (the alliance) are the reason the horde was created. I find it funny that they now believe just because they made the horde, they can also end them too.

  4. #4
    Sounds terrible.

    Doesn't even fit the alliance thematically, sounds like something the legion would use as their warcry, hellbent on destruction. There's no pride to it, just hatred.

  5. #5
    When I saw this thread tittle on the main page, I thought it would be "I'LL BE WATCHING YOU", and it brought to mind that 'Legend of Korra' .gif.
    Last edited by JonTargaryen; 2013-09-12 at 10:58 AM.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

    Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

  6. #6
    Archer delivers the line better


  7. #7
    For The Alliance is the origional Alliance battle cry before horde fanboys stole it and claimed it as a "100% pure horde battle cry"

    and besides "for the X" is not even origional. we got like thousands of characters who shout this as battlecry throughout history.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    For The Alliance is the origional Alliance battle cry before horde fanboys stole it and claimed it as a "100% pure horde battle cry"

    and besides "for the X" is not even origional. we got like thousands of characters who shout this as battlecry throughout history.
    Step one. Make almost any Horde character.
    Step two. Type /cheer or /charge.
    Step three. Avoid this thread like the plague because you were wrong.
    #GamerGate has as much to do with misogyny and hatred as atheism has to do with the Big Bang Theory - belief in the BBT is completely separate to the assertion that there is no conclusive proof that any god exists. #GamerGate is about ethics in video game journalism. Misogyny is an optional extra of a vocal minority.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Sounds terrible.

    Doesn't even fit the alliance thematically, sounds like something the legion would use as their warcry, hellbent on destruction. There's no pride to it, just hatred.
    It's also an empty threat. Varian and his minions couldn't end a road in a dead end.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Step one. Make almost any Horde character.
    Step two. Type /cheer or /charge.
    Step three. Avoid this thread like the plague because you were wrong.
    I think he's right in a sense. The Alliance were the first to use "For the [Faction]" in WC1 and 2, I believe. Lok'tar Ogar was the orginal Horde battlecry, which still remains in addition to "For the Horde!"
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  11. #11
    In theory. But in practice, it will always be "Let them win".

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Step one. Make almost any Horde character.
    Step two. Type /cheer or /charge.
    Step three. Avoid this thread like the plague because you were wrong.
    Step one : play older warcraft games.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    "Let them win".
    "Please use lube"
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  14. #14
    "We will end you" doesn't really make for a very great cry to shout on a battlefield. It's more something you say when you're literally centimeters away from a dude, in either a calm and cold manner, or one barely containing rage. It's a threat, not a battlecry, just like 'for the Horde' is a battlecry, and not a threat.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I think he's right in a sense. The Alliance were the first to use "For the [Faction]" in WC1 and 2, I believe. Lok'tar Ogar was the orginal Horde battlecry, which still remains in addition to "For the Horde!"
    They certainly didn't use "for the Alliance" in WC1 considering the alliance didn't even exist. Elven archers in WC2 actually said "for the alliance" as one of their responses (don't ask how I remembered this), not sure if "for the horde" was used in WC2 yet.

    Either way "for the horde" eventually became the iconic one of the two, mostly because Blizzard pushed it way more.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    They certainly didn't use "for the Alliance" in WC1 considering the alliance didn't even exist. Elven archers in WC2 actually said "for the alliance" as one of their responses (don't ask how I remembered this), not sure if "for the horde" was used in WC2 yet.

    Either way "for the horde" eventually became the iconic one of the two, mostly because Blizzard pushed it way more.
    pushing it way more doesn't make it "Horde exclusive". (to those who say Alliance "stole" the battlecry because they don't have one.)

  17. #17
    WE WILL END YOU


    But did you ?

    .................................................. fail xD

  18. #18
    Yeh it would of been more effective if you know, Varian had some sort of way of carrying out the threat. If he had of tried anything against the Horde at that point, as Jaina suggested, we'd be cleaning bits of human off the wall.

    I'm not doubting his exceptional skill at fighting, but he was facing off the most powerful of the Horde, every single faction leader. Garrosh also seemed to match him back in WotLK in Dalaran. Thrall alone probably could of handled him with relative ease (inc Varian fanboys? :P). Not only that but Taran Zhu probably would of intervened.

    Nice try blizz, trying to make the Alliance more bad azz.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    pushing it way more doesn't make it "Horde exclusive". (to those who say Alliance "stole" the battlecry because they don't have one.)
    It's definitely not "stolen" but with the horde one being so much more established it feels like a cheap imitation.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yeh it would of been more effective if you know, Varian had some sort of way of carrying out the threat. If he had of tried anything against the Horde at that point, as Jaina suggested, we'd be cleaning bits of human off the wall.

    I'm not doubting his exceptional skill at fighting, but he was facing off the most powerful of the Horde, every single faction leader. Garrosh also seemed to match him back in WotLK in Dalaran. Thrall alone probably could of handled him with relative ease (inc Varian fanboys? :P). Not only that but Taran Zhu probably would of intervened.

    Nice try blizz, trying to make the Alliance more bad azz.
    I would support this if he used all his might and killed Thrall before dying. then our battlecry would've been "Cleaning WoW of filth...one mary-sue at a time."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    It's definitely not "stolen" but with the horde one being so much more established it feels like a cheap imitation.
    well it's not. it was there when I was playing warcraft like... 15 years ago? geez I'm old.

    and someone mentioned Lok'tar Ogar meaning for the Horde, Horde's origional battlecry meant "victory or death". they should've stuck with that instead of giving them the Alliance battlecry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •