Frost 2h Sim results

Hello!

I just tried to do a sim for my dk, currently Frost 2h, 539 ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayhem/advanced)

And the results were different than what I expected... Strength=4.47, ExpertiseRating=4.51, HitRating=4.62, CritRating=2.39, HasteRating=1.32, MasteryRating=1.69 (Light movement, player skill good, 25000 interactions)? I have read that with BiS gear we'll have to switch to Crit>Mastery>Haste, but is it possible that I have to switch to that already? Does that mean I'll have to use full Crit gems from now on?

Or maybe I did something wrong with the Sim? I'm no expert...

Help please!
    Last edited by Moonlily; 2013-09-12 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added the corrected sim

Without knowing how Strength simmed at then no one can tell you. You might also want to try and run a Heavy Movement sim and see how much difference there is between the two before making any choices.

Deleted
    For a start using patchwerk style fights on a sim isn't advisable. There are virtually no fights any more where you have 100% uptime on a boss so that will mess with your stat priorities quite a lot. Light movement is a lot more realistic for normal raid fights.
    Another thing which alters stat values is AMS soaking. Assuming you're using AMS during raids then it devalues haste quite a bit so add the AMS soaking string into your action list. (search for it on this forum, it's in a thread somewhere).
    Also, 10k iterations is potentially a little low, it's advised that 25k is what you should be using to get a more accurate result. Were you using the latest build of simcraft as well?

That's just a start, but it might help you tune your results a little.

Sorry, here is the sim with strength: Strength=4.59, ExpertiseRating=4.51, HitRating=4.59, CritRating=2.61, HasteRating=1.76, MasteryRating=1.75 )

And with Light movement with 25000 interactions: Strength=4.47, ExpertiseRating=4.51, HitRating=4.62, CritRating=2.39, HasteRating=1.32, MasteryRating=1.69 )

Ofc these have been simmed with the latest version of Simcraft. So what do you think?
    Last edited by Moonlily; 2013-09-12 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Light movement, AMS soaking etc etc:
    Str: 4.57
    Hit: 4.7
    Crit: 2.38
    Haste: 0.79
    Mastery: 1.73

Looks like it's fairly safe to gem full crit at this point.

Moon- it is a bit of a stat weight change from 5.3, but it's because of the RPPM nerf. Haste no longer scales with RPPM which is why we wanted so much of it. With the buffs to frost attacks, mastery overcomes haste as well. While rune regen will be slower, the new plague leech will help cover for the downtime as well. Other things like the amp trinket will allow us to have less base haste as well as new AMS glyph + cd redux trinket when you obtain those. For now you might feel some downtime but once further in the tier you shouldn't.

I know that practicing on the dummies isn't the best way to test your dps, but I tried with the new reforge, and I did 10k less than with the old one (haste>mastery>crit)? How is that possible? Is it soul repaer that makes the difference with the crit build perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    I know that practicing on the dummies isn't the best way to test your dps, but I tried with the new reforge, and I did 10k less than with the old one (haste>mastery>crit)? How is that possible? Is it soul repaer that makes the difference with the crit build perhaps?
    Even with the rppm changes, if you aren't resource capped as 2h haste is still going to be the most valuable. Haste didn't suddenly lose its intrinsic value of decreasing rune regeneration and increasing attack speed. The reason it is losing value in the sims are the changes that enable 2h to regain resources faster, including shorter CD AMS, 2 piece bonus, amp trinket, and plague leech. If you don't have these things, or aren't maximizing RP income from optimal AMS use then haste is still going to be valuable, up until the point where you are resource capped. Crit isn't really all that great because of KM devaluation, and mastery isn't that great since ~60% of your damage isn't frost based. The amount of haste that will lead to resource capping will still be at much higher than it would be for DW, since DW uses almost exclusively single rune attacks.

The bottom line is if you are not resource capped, whether because you are playing sub-optimally or because you are missing trinkets/set-bonuses/glyphs, you should still gear/gem/reforge toward haste. Once you are at a point where you feel you are rune and RP capped then start moving away from haste in favor of crit, but don't just blindly go crit because the sims tell you to.