Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    what ever happened to gearscore..i can remember it being all the rage in wotlk for some reason 0o
    Not talking bout gearscore itself (which was retarded side-product). Talking more about small ilvl differences in tiers. The current ilvl jumps are just absurd and as retarded as gear score. The gear trade mill does not make me even want to do HCs... what for? Very soon HC gear will be just tiny bit better than loot pinata LFR one.
    All it is now is ilvl that matters (kind of same shit as gear score was to begin with). In vanilla you had guilds doing all tiers of content: 5-10man dungeons which were fun to do even in better gear, MC/BWL/AQ/ZG/NAXX and in TBC you had tons of Kara and t5/t6 guilds as well. Now its skip it all... focus on new tier only and the more super power sayan 2911 ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

The Cataclysm HoT heroics dropped 378 gear. Dragon Soul dropped 397.
    Now that's fucking catch up. Couple with valor gear that doesn't exist this patch it was REAL gearing not this bullshit they call catch up. The TI gear may as well be lvl 60 blues and greens.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I don't see the big deal... It's a pretty rng-based catch-up mechanic, unless you want to grind away 5k coins at a pop for the cache. I've hauled 3 90's over to the island so far, one of which can't actually use anything dropped there aside from the buffed 535s (I have 1 of these) or the higher tier stuff dropped by celestials (I have none of these). While I have gotten some gear my alts can use, I've also gotten a lot of the same things (dear blizz, stop with the mail belts, thanks).

While the place is a tremendously obvious GW2 ripoff, I find it quite enjoyable so far. Once the crowding dies down a bit (which is by far the worst element of it), it will be a pretty fun place, and a step in the right direction for a portion of upcoming content.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Timeless Isle doesn't need to stay interesting for a year.

This is an awesome way to gear my alts without the rep crap - and I refuse to do any rep on an alt again. Which I haven't - I've got two level 90 alts (so three level 90s total) and neither alt is geared in any way. I do not play them. I do not enjoy them. Timeless Isle might just change that, and that's huge. That's "Maybe I won't quit wow at the end of MOP after all" huge.

I don't need you or anybody else to nod approval at an epic drop I get and stick on an alt. Have you actually made any of them yet? They suck - 496 ilvl, no gem slots. OH NOES AN ALT GOT A BAD EPIC THE SKY IS FALLING. Not. If they weren't BOA they'd be vendor trash, might as well just drop gold instead. At least this way they found a way to make me actually happy to see inferior gear dropping from mobs I've killed or chests I've looted. Very smart of them, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    what ever happened to gearscore..i can remember it being all the rage in wotlk for some reason 0o
    It was the rage prior to ilvl being a visible stat on gear / characters. So while it thankfully died, the community's hilarious approach to group requirements for it have not.

Do you have any idea how much raiding is going to be done this patch. I'm guessing we're going to see the highest influx of raiders/alts with flex raid since 10 man Wotlk days or since lfr was dropped in DS. What they did here was very smart on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    They suck - 496 ilvl, no gem slots.
    Items from the caches (5k coins) have gem slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post
    Do you have any idea how much raiding is going to be done this patch. I'm guessing we're going to see the highest influx of raiders/alts with flex raid since 10 man Wotlk days or since lfr was dropped in DS. What they did here was very smart on their part.
    Yep. I guarantee that a group of TI geared flex raiders will be able to tackle that raid head on and learn how to raid while getting even better gear. I expect a lot of people intimidated by raiding will band together with this newfound wealth of purples and a similar casual desire for easier raiding outside of LFR.

It might go completely the other direction, but I think their metrics are going to show a crap ton of new and returning raiders this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.
    This, I need 482 more bloody coins. Keep them coming >

Whatever ctach up mechanism has existed, somebody is always going to make a fuzz about it. And ye...with Isle of QD and crafted stuff plus AH I could already get alts ready for BT in TBC. Catch up is THAT old. (only in BT the attunements stood in your way in addition).

It is not like everyone loved running the daily 5 mans back in Wrath for VP. There still is the option to not do the island. There still is the option to gear your alts with reduced VP costs now that Shado Pan rep on 522 items is removed (or lowered to nothing really). You can still gear up by organizing PuG raids if you much like to hate on the other ways.

Is WoW the only game where no matter what is implemented people hate on it? If there was one way to catch up - people would hate on that way. If Blizzard offers 10 way, I swear people would still make threads about how those all are shitty and there should be no catch up at all.

And here I thought there were also threads how people hated queuing for 5 mans in cities asked for incentives to play out in a living and open world. How World pvp was dead. Well..Blizzard listens. Queue "They listen to the wrong ppl" complaints.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Damn I wont have to farm HoF lfr for weeks to get into Tot on my 5th lvl 90 alt. Im so dissapointed /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    It never fails to amaze me that people like you get this mad over something so trivial.

Disgusting? There are plenty of things in the world that are 'disgusting' (Syria's actions as of late, for example) but I'm pretty sure a bunch of random stat epics that are relatively low ilevel until upgraded with an extremely rare item don't fit the bill.

The single most universal and lasting complaint about Mists has been how alt-unfriendly it is. So Blizz gives people a way to decent way to jumpstart newly-90 alts and then people like you come out of the woodwork and cry about it. Blizzard just can't please some of you.

There is more to the island than the 496 gear. There are decent trinkets to pursue, rep with the emperor, new battle pets and mounts, tons of fun cosmetic items etc. I know, you can't see the cheese for the whine, but its there.

Some of you need seriously need to lighten up and just try to have fun. WoW isn't here as some test of ethics, its not trying to write a book on how to honorably give items to your alts. It exists for fun. Simple, 3 letter word that a whole lot of you seem to forget about. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fun

I seriously hate this 'community' sometimes.

Pandaren Monk
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    So you are complaining because you can get 496 gear extremely fast? not only 496 for current tier is extremely low but the items required to upgrade those to 535 are quite rare and to get access to 535 trinkets you need to farm shittons of coins.
    tomtom and the waypoint macro to timeless coin richness. Cave with chests, not so rare, not so expensive, welcome to full 535's.
    Pretty much how I did it. Didn't take long, didn't cost lots b/c you usually win most of your coins back in the chests while you 'fish' for the token upgraders.
    It's NOT good design if you have the whole xpax ahead, but since it's just S.o.o I guess it might be okay, we'll see I guess.
    I like some stuff there, but it does feel like loot and fight island right now haha
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Items from the caches (5k coins) have gem slots.
    And any of the helm tokens also.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    This is by far one of the most uneducated thread on the topic of TI I've seen.

TI puts you 2 teirs behind current content. Almost 60 ilvls under current content.

SoO normal drops 553 ilvl stuff. TI drops 496.

That is 57 ilvls under current content.

The Cataclysm HoT heroics dropped 378 gear. Dragon Soul dropped 397.

19 item levels under the current content's normals (DS10/25).

Did you bitch then? Did you complain about how close you were to normal mode gear? Just get out.

ICC Heroic dungeons dropped 232, 10 man normal - 251.

Back in my day, we walked FIFTEEN MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW to Dire Maul and we GROUND OUR FINGERS TO THE BONE grinding out Fire-Resist gear so our guild could finally down Lucifron!
    Except *no one* actually enjoyed that part. It always amused me the "I've been here since vanilla" players omitted that bit, or the farming of ungodly FR/SR/NR/FrR pots for mass consumption.
    OP: I do not normally advocate introduction of mechanics and methods to make gameplay more accessible for the common casual, but two things to consider:
    1. It is the end of the expansion. This isn't 5.0, or even 5.1.
    2. These items aren't, by a long shot, the best gear you can obtain. They're just purple. They're just to get you a leg up so you don't have to go through the semi-linear course of gathering progressively-higher tiers of gear from an expansion that has spent itself.

Another, lets hate on Blizzard for trying to do what the player base wanted thread.

Next hater?

MoP is alt unfriendly, too much rep grind! *poof* Now its too easy to get exalted mounts!
    I don't want to grind quests to 90 on alts! *poof* Now that its 33% easier to level an Alt all my hard work leveling was wasted!
    It takes too long to get gear in LFR! *poof* This increased gear drop is handing out welfare purples!
    I'd like to make my alt raid ready faster!*Poof* Its raining welfare purples and its ruining the sha crystal market which I thought I was going to abuse my way to bags o' riches!!
    Theres too much money in the economy! *poof* This black Market sucks because now you can buy a mount that I had to work hard for! (ignoring that people work hard for their money).

It doesn't matter what Blizz does, someone out there will bitch up a storm about it. You don't like dailies but you hate the new area which gives you stuff to do without relying on dailies. Makes sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir17 View Post
    Back in my day, we walked FIFTEEN MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW to Dire Maul and we GROUND OUR FINGERS TO THE BONE grinding out Fire-Resist gear so our guild could finally down Lucifron!
    Lucifron didn't require FR. So, no. I'm pretty sure I tanked this guy the second I hit level 60 with blues and greens equipped. It felt so much better, too. Epics actually meant something. Why is there even a blue and green quality anymore? Make everything epic with special green text underneath.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-09-12 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aridion View Post
    exactly HOW common are they?

First hour there I got like 10 496 epics lol, and I didn't know anything about the place before I go there - a LOT drop. The weird part is, it's hard to get gear that's actually useful for the max content, that and there's like 200 novelty items lol. Not saying they need all 535 gear, but make it a little more balanced lol.