Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    You don't want to raid to get your better gear?
    I would love to raid to get better gear.

I want to raid CURRENT tier raid, not obsolete one that I was doing half year ago to just be able to get into the new one...

It was there in wrath and cata and mop just destroyed the catch up mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.
    This, otherwise I think it's a great way to get your alts some gear. Before this I had to sit through LFR if I wanted to gear my mage, warlock, monk or priest, and that shit wasn't happening. Now my DK can farm a full 496 set (minus the weapon) for all my alts in just a few days.

OP - If you think THIS is bad, did you not play in WotLK? They had 3 fricken easy as hell 5 mans giving gear equivalent to the previous raid tier. This stuff is so far behind it can only ALMOST get you into the current LFR, which will give you enough gear to maybe get considered for flex. Honestly, they needed some form of catch up mechanic besides PvP. Currently, you hit 90 and you're at about ~450 item level. You need to gain about 80 item levels to start progressing in normal t16.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

I want to raid CURRENT tier raid, not obsolete one that I was doing half year ago to just be able to get into the new one...
    Ok, trying to wrap my head around this so... normal TOT gear is still available from valor, upgrade it with valor, you got 530 gear? If you have been raiding tot for 6 months, even if it is LFR you shouldn't need catch-up gear at all, cause you bought all that valor gear from the TOT vendor. Am I wrong?

496 gear + a few TOT valor gear + a couple upgraded island gear is plenty to get you into SOO lfr/flex and probably even normal considering the first few bosses are going to be for gearing up people that are behind in your raid. Am I wrong?

What you are essentially saying is you want the island gear that drops left and right to be just as good as SOO LFR gear or better. Am I crazy?
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-09-13 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but those epics are absolutely terrible.

Not to mention ToT LFR gear is much better. You're better off farming coins and just buying mogu runes and chain running ToT till youre out of runes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

It was there in wrath and cata and mop just destroyed the catch up mechanism.
    The catch up will be there, it's just that LFR hasn't released yet for SoO. If people are expecting to get into SoO normal the week it came out without having put in several months farming gear in ToT, well then at the risk of sound elitist I can confidently say they simply didn't earn their spot. Once LFR is out people will be able to get into Flex and then, if they desire, eventually normal within a couple months.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."

The timeless isle is possibly the most fun non-raid content i've experienced this expac.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    496 gear + a few TOT valor gear + a couple upgraded island gear is plenty to get you into SOO lfr/flex and probably even normal considering the first few bosses are going to be for gearing up people that are behind in your raid. Am I wrong?
    Nope, dead on, those first few bosses are a complete joke and pugs will be able to farm the crap out em. It's much better than ToT where only the first boss was down-able by most PuGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Nope, dead on, those first few bosses are a complete joke and pugs will be able to farm the crap out em. It's much better than ToT where only the first boss was down-able by most PuGs.
    Ok then, before I get in trouble for posting too much, gonna leave this thread to the complainers and go in game. Thank you druidjezus... amen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to hear it. Unforunately the pugs I've seen tend to over emphasize item level and demand extraordinary ilvls when looking at prospective pubs. Hell I had one guy tell me I needed 516 for ToES. I laughed and laughed and laughed..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You can get shitty poor stat 496 items

You cannot get Burdens of Eternity that quickly. Even the most hardcore coin farming only nets you 10,000 an hour (5 hours for a burden of eternity).

So all it does is mean you can wait in long ass queues to do ToT lfr and maybe get carried through flex. All it saves is t14 lfr and some 5 mans.

- - - Updated - - -

Pugs probably wont start downing Norushen for a while.

But Immerseus, council, galakras, iron juggernaut were all first try kill type fights which pugs wouldnt have any issues with even this week. Unfortunately Sha of Pride is probably out of reach of most pugs. Despite being simple, people tend to excel at gaining unneeded stacks of things (in this case pride).

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm glad to hear it. Unforunately the pugs I've seen tend to over emphasize item level and demand extraordinary ilvls when looking at prospective pubs. Hell I had one guy tell me I needed 516 for ToES. I laughed and laughed and laughed..
    Make your own PuG then, people can ask for whatever requirements they want

Love it. Can now take alt through SoO LFR for funsies.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Lol, I stopped playing BECAUSE I was so hopelessly behind.
    Thats the problem with mmo's. if they dont give you a sense of progress everytime you log on, you wont log on. But if you dont log on for a while, you're behind. I want to do the Legendary cloak, and im hoping when i get time tomorrow that it wont take to long to get now that you can just do SoO for the questline.

Catch up patches are a welcome imo

Dailies and "BC Style Gearing"
    "Wah this is too hard we need to not have to do so much"
    Dailies with some better loot and 5.0 items cost ALOT LESS
    "This is still not enough Blizzard, too hard"
    Entire island, full of a few difficult grinds and some incredibly easy gearing up methods for alts
    "Game is too easy, I hate you Blizzard."

Ya know, this pretty much sums up the part of the fan base that cries about everything, nothing is right, ever, they try very hard (well atleast in Pandaria they did) to appeal to older players such as myself and they tried to appeal to the casual audience, they have done an amazing job and to be upset about something that 6 months ago you would have been begging for is whats disgusting OP. (I know I am about 17 pages too late, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Dailies and "BC Style Gearing"
    "Wah this is too hard we need to not have to do so much"
    There's a difference between hard and time consuming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Very true. BC gearing was not hard, mostly it was just really time consuming.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by aridion View Post
    exactly HOW common are they?
    after a day of doing quests I have almost full epics waiting for my lvl 77 alt... also have nearly a full set for two of me.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That was not the point of my post at all, that is in the past and doesn't matter, my point was to say I feel that the people crying about the Timeless isle, which has that nice hardcore feel to it and a nice casual feel to it, are simply nitpicking or complaining for the sake of complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    after a day of doing quests I have almost full epics waiting for my lvl 77 alt... also have nearly a full set for two of me.
    496 epics? It's basically like saying you've got a set of lvl 60 epics from MC that you farmed on your lvl 90 alt. IT's about as valuable relative to say what the max is. It's "catch up" in the sense that you won't start at 456 ilvl or 464 or whatever obscenely low item level people had at the start of the expac. Relative to max ilvl though I'd hardly call it good catch up. It may as well be on a vendor for gold. Hell it's like the greens you can buy in pandaria in the jade forest. Or justice gear this expansion LAWL It's about as relevant.
    The hammer comes down:

496 isnt much of a catch up >_> Also I love the timeless isle haha