Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't feel like I accomplished anything, because I didn't need any of them. 496's? I have nothing below 502. And even for my alts maybe I'll use one or two but they are pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'm torn. On one hand the island is something new. On the other hand the island is a cheap catch up. Cheap compared to new 5 mans.
    Exactly but everyone is happy because they are getting so much gear. I was just running around there without a clue and already have 12 epics without trying.

I'm curious if everyone still thinks this is great content in a month. Even if you have 10 alts you can be done in a week. You will also be skipping everything with your alts. No heroic dungeons, no scenarios, no LFR. You do Timeless Isle for a few evenings and then SoO LFR. Have fun farming SoO LFR for 6 months (also with players who have no clue how to play their class because they skipped everything).

It's indeed also quite cheap. It looks creative and new but they reused models on almost everything and let's be honest the island doesn't look breathtaking or anything it's just a forest and a bridge (not anything like when you fly over pandaria and see the good looking palaces and buildings etc.).
    I'm not impressed but the epics keep me going a little but I think I will be done with it very fast.

I also finished proving grounds gold in one go. Looks like some fun, bit of a challenge. I think a lot of players will find it very challenging. I will try endless mode this weekend see how far I can get.

The celestial protectors were also way too easy. Much easier than I expected. I invited some people at 1:00 AM last night through general chat and thought we would need at least 20-25 people. We did it with 10-15 and one tank and one healer (me in dps gear ilvl 508). I got tier legs, thanks! lol
    Catching up oke. Casual playstyle sure. But a world boss getting one shotted by a few randoms, without knowing anything about him and doing it with barely a decent group... that has nothing to do with a casual playstyle or catching up. Like previous world bosses weren't easy enough? (And what's up with graveyards being 2 meters away from these bosses? God.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    Just stop playing now, and shut the hell up.

I don't feel the need to "earn" anything in this video game that I PAY for. Blizzard has earned my money by giving me something to do.

Now, as I started saying about, if you don't like it, don't play it. Go play another game. Go cry in a corner. But stop bitching like a little girl who didn't get the right color car from her parents on her 16th birthday.

INB4 "you mad bro"
    Nice how you get so angry because someone else has a different opinion. Then indirectly accuse him for being childish and then type "INB4 "you mad bro" yourself.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-09-13 at 08:55 AM.

High Overlord
    You can get 535 items, vanity items, SoO ilvl items from the Celestials and Ordos.

Quote Originally Posted by straws View Post
    Not really different from what you could do before 5.4, I managed to get my druid alt to 496 ilvl by 2 days of spamming arena as it was the fastest means to get good gear for pve thanks to conquest catchup. Now with isle you can get pve gear by doing pve (exploring and clicking is pve i guess :P).
    Isle is not really different from whatever catchup was available before , when throne of thunder was current it was dropping 522 loot and next best and easiest to get gear was the honor gear by jp>hp conversion from dungeon farm and it was 476 , approximately 50 ilvls behind. Now its not a convoluted and complex route, just plonk your main/alt on isle and participate in group activities.
    Another plus side is , it has encouraged altoholics like me to get the alts stuck at <90 lvls to 90 and start raiding on them , as i know now i can hit 90 , get 496 set and queue for SoO lfr or do ToT pugs.
    Claiming it is no different than before is really ridiculous. Open your eyes.

Really?

This much hate for 489 epics?

489 epics are like 430 blues in 5.0.

They are 64 ilvls behind normal raid gear.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I thought that LFR was the happy medium for people wishing to return to BC and people that like catch-up mechanisms.
    Now they've removed the (need to do) first tier of LFR. Not sure I like this; it was such a great tier too.
    Probably because LFR didn't turn out to be as much fun as they thought. They also removed the need to do ToT LFR. You need ilvl 496 for SoO (which you get on timeless isle) and they let all legendary quest items drop from SoO for a reason too.

I don't get the drama. The gear is abysmal most of the time. So far I've got 1 usable cloak for my twink out of approximately 5 or 6 cloak tries. The random stats are almost always crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.
    Oh wow.

I guess those enchanting mats must be worth jackshit by now eh...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.
    Precisely. Better an Isle with a hundred people on it than the same boring five-mans over and over and over again.

You do know that it's made to gear up alts. It isn't even good gear. LFR gear is better. So please stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Precisely. Better an Isle with a hundred people on it than the same boring five-mans over and over and over again.
    Clicking chests over and over and over again is better than doing a dungeon over and over and over again? Oke!

Mailing the gear to my characters is even better than clicking chests over and over and over again.

The gear isn't even that great. A lot of the gear I got only has one secondary stat. Like just mastery or haste, it looks like generic gear you get from leveling in MoP as well.
    Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor Beta
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)
    Considering your browser comes with a spell check, I find your argument pretty invalid when you can't spell "ridiculously" correctly. Go cry more, special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Considering your browser comes with a spell check, I find your argument pretty invalid when you can't spell "ridiculously" correctly. Go cry more, special snowflake.
    How can a snowflake be special? All snowflakes are unique. I guess your argument is invalid. If you actually have one.

The only "problem" as i see it, is that SoO LFR will flood with even more newbies who got geared fast.. the items itself are useless..
    My girlfriend said she does't like metal.
    Now she is Single
    No Just kidding
    She is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Sha crystal island?!!!! Good job blizzard way to destroy a economy.
    Learn to adapt and find a new market to profit from. Or you could bellyflop and cry on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It never fails to amaze me that people like you get this mad over something so trivial.

I seriously hate this 'community' sometimes.
    Yeah, that was also my thought when shit from the opposite side of the QQ spectrum hit the fan. Newspage of today, the collected QQ about Shaohao Rep Gain, monsters on timeless isle and one boss only accessible by people with legendary cloaks. Oh man. Ok..I have defended LFR - but a sentence like "It is really a way to make casual gamers feel they are worthless yet again. " over one boss being exclusive makes me want to punch kittens.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Magister's Terrace during Burning Crusade, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection during WotLK. End Time, The Moonwell and the Attack on Wyrmrest during Cata

as far as i see it, Timeless Isle is just like those dungeons

check my stuff out :Y ronibro.tumblr.com

and in another world where this is done, the alt!OC is bitching about how it takes forever to gear up alts and how disgusting it is how blizz is pandering to Elites.

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    The only "problem" as i see it, is that SoO LFR will flood with even more newbies who got geared fast.. the items itself are useless..
    Meh...a logic I could hardly follow, already in older x-pacs that allowed catchup. people make it sound as if over the first year of an x-pac we have all these diligently progressing people, but the moment the final raid tier happens, all the old timers drop out and 2 million n00bs join the game that are immediately decked out in welfare gear and "ruin our game" WTF?

Man..so now LFR "veterans" piss on "newbies"? Seriously..what kind of low self esteem do we have that we even need to distinguish in LFR? "You..new kid...go run LFR 5.0 and 5.2 and don't you dare ruin my LFR 5.4 experience"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi View Post
    Magister's Terrace during Burning Crusade, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection during WotLK. End Time, The Moonwell and the Attack on Wyrmrest during Cata

as far as i see it, Timeless Isle is just like those dungeons
    Yes, but Blizzard is trying something NEW! So in TBC and WotLK and Cata ppl could scream "WTF BLIZZ? Epic gear from 5 mans that put my raidgear to shame".

Now they can scream "WTF BLIZZARD? Epic gear from an island that put raidgear to shame? It was so much better in the past..I miss 5 mans!!!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.