Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

What Blizzard Has done with the Timeless Isle is disgusting....

Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-09-12 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    exactly HOW common are they?

Deleted
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?

Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?

apparently nothing go loot your "epics" from that turtle you just killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aridion View Post
    exactly HOW common are they?
    THe most common drops are of the same armour class that your main has, IE: My main is a warlock so I get "Mage, priest, Warlock" drops all the time. Yet my other 2 level 90s are a rogue and a warrior so they just get given to the vendor..

As far as the other armour class tokens, I've got 2 for my rogue and 2 for my warrior and i've been playing all day yesterday and so far all day today. So that's 4 drops in the space of a day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.
    LoL how long do you think it will last when you have every alt geared (which at this rate wont be long) What will motivate you to keep going to the island? Remember the isle of thunder? yah.... I dont either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    apparently nothing go loot your "epics" from that turtle you just killed.
    I don't understand what you're butthurt about, have you had really bad RNG the past year of running LFR or something? it's not like it drops current iLevel gear, it's 496, SoO gear is like 540 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, cause 496 gear is SOOO amazing when the raid is dropping 553. You're whining about gear equivalent to T14 when we're in t16. Also what are you doing that you're only getting 10-20 an hour? I'm averaging 5-10 per 10 minutes. The stats on them are random as well, you could get 5 496 chestpieces and none of them have the ideal stat distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So you are complaining because you can get 496 gear extremely fast? not only 496 for current tier is extremely low but the items required to upgrade those to 535 are quite rare and to get access to 535 trinkets you need to farm shittons of coins.

Because 496 items are so good right? It's puts a character 2 tiers behind current content, with the exception of the Burdens of Eternity, which are really nice but very rare. Also, the fact that the items roll random stats means that they're generally not even optimal. I can't tell you how many pieces i've had roll hit as the sole secondary stat. I'm loving it as a catch up mechanic for alts. My main already has gear at or above that level, but I don't really envy the thought of trying to progress all my alts through the same content progression as my main.
    Cry more please.

My bank alt is absolutely flooded with these things. It doesn't bother me, though.

TL;DR: Blizzard can't please everyone. SOMEONE will complain, regardless of what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Would it make you feel better if they were blue instead?

I mean, the item level of the gear essentially just lets you get into LFR. It really is craptacular.
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.

I'm not sure "disgusting" is the word you want here...

Aside from that, what's the iLvl... 496? Can't you get that from normal mode 5.0 raids.

So you're upset that Blizzard has implemented a catch up mechanic FOUR patches after the content was current. You can just barely make it into ToT with 496 iLvl pieces.

And sure, you can upgrade those to a very nice piece that's suitable for SoO, but it more than two hours of effort per piece.

Either way, its end of the expansion time... you know what most people do at the end of expansions? They level up alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Would it make you feel better if they were blue instead?
    Probably. Because far too many people are far too overly attached to the color of gear. Even if it were the exact same item level with the exact same stats/slots. >_>

Really, I don't know what do you guys keep crying about? I have every alt geared at least at 500 iLvl... It's not that hard... so, the 496 I get from the island, every single one is going to Sha Crystals, which is amazing, got around 70 Sha Crystals on the first day.
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Those "epics" are poorly itemized dude, its just some free (and bad) gear for ppl to be able to get into SoO LFR. No reason to cry.

I agree on the sha crystals though. That move was retarded imho. Those BoA should not have DE into full shards, just fragments.