Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    You do know that it's made to gear up alts. It isn't even good gear. LFR gear is better. So please stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Precisely. Better an Isle with a hundred people on it than the same boring five-mans over and over and over again.
    Clicking chests over and over and over again is better than doing a dungeon over and over and over again? Oke!

Mailing the gear to my characters is even better than clicking chests over and over and over again.

The gear isn't even that great. A lot of the gear I got only has one secondary stat. Like just mastery or haste, it looks like generic gear you get from leveling in MoP as well.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)
    Considering your browser comes with a spell check, I find your argument pretty invalid when you can't spell "ridiculously" correctly. Go cry more, special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Considering your browser comes with a spell check, I find your argument pretty invalid when you can't spell "ridiculously" correctly. Go cry more, special snowflake.
    How can a snowflake be special? All snowflakes are unique. I guess your argument is invalid. If you actually have one.

Deleted
    The only "problem" as i see it, is that SoO LFR will flood with even more newbies who got geared fast.. the items itself are useless..

Deleted
    Sha crystal island?!!!! Good job blizzard way to destroy a economy.
    Learn to adapt and find a new market to profit from. Or you could bellyflop and cry on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magister's Terrace during Burning Crusade, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection during WotLK. End Time, The Moonwell and the Attack on Wyrmrest during Cata

as far as i see it, Timeless Isle is just like those dungeons
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

and in another world where this is done, the alt!OC is bitching about how it takes forever to gear up alts and how disgusting it is how blizz is pandering to Elites.

A cry thread about someone disagreeing with a design choice made by Blizzard for WoW? This is new and exciting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    A cry thread about someone disagreeing with a design choice made by Blizzard for WoW? This is new and exciting!
    Such a stupid one-liner.

If there were no different opinions, there would be nothing do discuss... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    The only "problem" as i see it, is that SoO LFR will flood with even more newbies who got geared fast.. the items itself are useless..
    I know right? We should definately keep noobs out of LFR, because if they go in there whats next? Will they come for my precious purples? Will they jump straight to Heroic Garrosh and take my spot in my raid guild? The nerve of these 'new players' to actually expect to do something after we have worked so hard on the forums to deny the content to 90% of them! I demand blood! (sarcasm off)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I'm curious if everyone still thinks this is great content in a month. Even if you have 10 alts you can be done in a week.
    Can you really? You're going to farm like a million coins in a week to purchase every single cosmetic, fun, pet, mount, etc item available via this content? You're going to do every hidden activity, every rare mob, reach exalted with shahao, and be fully geared out?

Then kudos to you because I don't have time to play on the isle 24/7 with 24 of my closest friends in order to do all of that stuff efficiently. I'll be like everyone else where I go out for an hour or two in between raiding to farm some coins, find new chests I haven't seen yet, try not to die jumping on the tightropes for chests, and generally enjoy it over the next 6 months.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?
    Am I the only one that doesn't get a hard-on about gear? Like really, are people going that insane over an item? Do I really need to have a sense of accomplishment, or feeling I earned anything in WoW? I've had those days, and they are over, and I'm happy about that, I would not give the time I gave a couple years back just to get items that when I finally get the full set of, the next patch is out and time to grind gear all over again.

As for your last line, everything gets boring fast if you do nothing but that. Just look at all the other new places added in past patches. Ghost towns.

how did this thread get past the mods, everytime i complain about the game i get an infraction and the thread is locked....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkomposer View Post
    how did this thread get past the mods, everytime i complain about the game i get an infraction and the thread is locked....
    If in 27 posts you are getting threads closed and infractions, no offense but you're probably not doing something correctly. I mean..just this post is both non productive and criticizing moderators which are either frowned on or completely against forum rules. Probably something to take up in a private setting and not publicly as a thread repsonse.

Just friendly advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't get a hard-on about gear? Like really, are people going that insane over an item? Do I really need to have a sense of accomplishment, or feeling I earned anything in WoW? I've had those days, and they are over, and I'm happy about that, I would not give the time I gave a couple years back just to get items that when I finally get the full set of, the next patch is out and time to grind gear all over again.
    hear, hear. I used to be on the other side, back when there were no alternatives...but I have perspective of seeing the game from all sides and I share your opinion. It's whatever. Prestige comes from accomplishment and much of that can just be broken down to having the time and people who want to do it with you. I have neither the time nor desire to surround myself with people to do these things.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by dkomposer View Post
    Its not us its you.

I think its reasonable seing how its late endgame xpac aswell as low ilvl for alts. Good catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've pvp'ed the last two xpac's, and I can say: I love that they put in this catchup so I can faceroll SoO when it comes out on LFR. RAAAWWWWRR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi View Post
    Magister's Terrace during Burning Crusade, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection during WotLK. End Time, The Moonwell and the Attack on Wyrmrest during Cata

as far as i see it, Timeless Isle is just like those dungeons
    Except it's not like them, as they dropped gear that allowed people to gear up for the current content. The island only allows you to gear up for LFR, you can't even get into a flex raid with that gear. They've nerfed the drop rate for burdens from the keys, and grinding out 50k coins for each piece of poor and badly itemised 535 gear isn't remotely fun. LFR always has a horrible drop rate, and with only one wing being open next week and the gating of subsequent wings that's not an option for gearing either. There doesn't seem to be a realistic way for new players/rerollers/returners to gear up for current content unless some guild takes them on as a pity project. So the OP needn't worry, these ghastly scrubs with their 'fast food epics' aren't going to be experiencing his precious raid content for a long, long time.