Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[MW] Proving grounds (endless)

So i've been going into proving grounds and seem to be fairy unsuccessful, the goal being to reach 30 waves in endless. The first 20 waves are rather easy, but around wave 27 shit gets real and I cannot see how it is possible to survive that part. I was wondering if people had more succes and have some pointers for me.

my stat prio is haste (3015)> Spirit (5600) > crit > mastery
    I gem full crit

I use the following talents:
    Celerity
    chi wave
    ascension
    leg sweep
    diffuse magic
    invoke xuen, the white tiger

the way I go through the waves is a combination on healing and fightweaving.

My main questions are, should i switch to int gems? and do I use the correct trinkets, I use Qin-Xi Polarizing Seal (Will) and Spirit of the sun (Tsulong)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennix View Post
    So i've been going into proving grounds and seem to be fairy unsuccessful, the goal being to reach 30 waves in endless. The first 20 waves are rather easy, but around wave 27 shit gets real and I cannot see how it is possible to survive that part. I was wondering if people had more succes and have some pointers for me.

my stat prio is haste (3015)> Spirit (5600) > crit > mastery
    I gem full crit

I use the following talents:
    Celerity
    chi wave
    ascension
    leg sweep
    diffuse magic
    invoke xuen, the white tiger

the way I go through the waves is a combination on healing and fightweaving.

My main questions are, should i switch to int gems? and do I use the correct trinkets, I use Qin-Xi Polarizing Seal (Will) and Spirit of the sun (Tsulong)
    I just completed wave 30 with this. http://www.wowprogress.com/character...thul/Br%C3%ABn
    I didnt really resocketed or reforged, I just grabbed this alt last played in 5.1 and it seems gear was fine for this.
    Dont forget to use flask and food, it works. If you can get to wave 27, you will do 30 just fine.
    Take Ring of Peace instead of Leg sweep.
    Use Healing Spheres to quickly top of Chomp target.
    I used Xuen on 5 and 9.
    You can drink to full mana after wave 10 if you kill it quickly, that is why Xuen on 9-more time, more mana.
    Revival when your two melee get Aqua bomb at the same time.
    if there is caster NPC, stand next to him and use interrupt->Ring of Peace->interrupt. Try to watch when your NPCs have interrupts ready, but it will overlap anyway, they seemed random to me.

For wave 8:
    Use Ring of Peace on wave 8 to silence all 4 casters and prevent them from putting lava everywhere, hunter NPC is really bad at standing in them.
    Then Zen meditation to ground spells from those casters to you. Then just top off everyone while using interrupt on CD. You can spend almost all of your mana on this wave, then you use Xuen on 9, 10 is easy and then you get to drink.

oh and definitely use Chi Brew!

Sorry these tips are such a mess, I was just writing them as I remembered what I was doing :-) Dont give up, yesterday I was struggling with Healer: gold for around 10 tries, all it needs is practice.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2013-09-14 at 11:23 AM.

Ive wiped on wave 38 by now do is so different,
    i use xuen on, 2,5 and 8 ( u dont really need it for 2 but its off CD for 5th)
    i still use leg sweep on every single wave where i thing dmg is to high and i wanna heal up,
    i use healing spheres and revival in the same fashion.

after wave 10 i use klaxxi thingy to gain mana back and go into wave 11 with 20 manatea stacks, from this point i go into every wave with full chi going beserk on aoe dmg

also i dropped haste totally and went hitcap > crit > int

Deleted
    I managed to get at 34 wave with 2500 spirit. I didnt reforged,regemed. Didnt even used flask for spirit and food for spirit. My stats when not reduced,are 6200spirit 12300 Haste and 7300 crit.

Deleted
    Ive wiped on wave 38 by now do is so different,
    i use xuen on, 2,5 and 8 ( u dont really need it for 2 but its off CD for 5th)
    i still use leg sweep on every single wave where i thing dmg is to high and i wanna heal up,
    i use healing spheres and revival in the same fashion.

after wave 10 i use klaxxi thingy to gain mana back and go into wave 11 with 20 manatea stacks, from this point i go into every wave with full chi going beserk on aoe dmg

also i dropped haste totally and went hitcap > crit > int
    Just beat you by 9 points, sorry!
    Man, that 38th wave is intense...

I just have a few questions about getting to endless in the first place. I have been stuck on gold for a few days now and I feel like I am pulling my hair out with it. I was wondering which type of food/flasks I should be using if any, int or spirit? I am tempted to go with spirit as the down scaling of my spirit feels like part of my reason for not getting so far. I have been gemming for spirit before the PGrounds came out since I don't have the meta yet, so I think that is all fine and dandy. Second question, Are there any spells that you all would suggest not casting in PGrounds? SooM is such a mana drain with the down scaled spirit. I am unsure if I should be casting it or not. I just find it extremely hard to get a good enough healing output by not casting SooM.

Deleted
    I'm having problems with endless, at 4th wave I'm oom and my NPCs are dying from that bleed effect which needs to be healed to 90% I tried with 2 different sets of gear one full int which I use on main raid and 2nd one full spirit (11k) and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any suggestions?
    Last edited by mmoc21a926b198; 2013-09-14 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltgoose View Post
    I just have a few questions about getting to endless in the first place. I have been stuck on gold for a few days now and I feel like I am pulling my hair out with it. I was wondering which type of food/flasks I should be using if any, int or spirit? I am tempted to go with spirit as the down scaling of my spirit feels like part of my reason for not getting so far. I have been gemming for spirit before the PGrounds came out since I don't have the meta yet, so I think that is all fine and dandy. Second question, Are there any spells that you all would suggest not casting in PGrounds? SooM is such a mana drain with the down scaled spirit. I am unsure if I should be casting it or not. I just find it extremely hard to get a good enough healing output by not casting SooM.
    Do not dps. Do not use Soothing. Use Healing Sphere for all your single target healing. Heal up the rabbits Chomp debuff asap. Interrupt firecasters asap when they cast the lava (they normally do it as soon as they spawn). Use Chi Wave on cd. Use Xuen when you fall behind. I also tried to keep atleast 1 stack of Chi Brew on cd to max mana tea from it.

Deleted
    Use Soothing to convert excess mana into Chi and into Mana Tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Do not dps. Do not use Soothing. Use Healing Sphere for all your single target healing. Heal up the rabbits Chomp debuff asap. Interrupt firecasters asap when they cast the lava (they normally do it as soon as they spawn). Use Chi Wave on cd. Use Xuen when you fall behind. I also tried to keep atleast 1 stack of Chi Brew on cd to max mana tea from it.
    uuuh, do not DPS? i did my endless 38 tries only by DPSing and good CD management.. I pull around 50-70k dps and up untill wave 20 is faceroll.

uuuh, do not DPS? i did my endless 38 tries only by DPSing and good CD management.. I pull around 50-70k dps and up untill wave 20 is faceroll.
    Were not talking about endless. He was asking for help to beat gold and I gave him advise that helped me get gold without having to regem.

I'm struggling to get past wave 9. I tried using healing sphere and DPSing but that was even more mana intensive than just using soothing mists :/
    I don't see how this is even possible for a monk honestly

Managed to get to wave 32, biggest change for me is pre hotting and pre healing sphering the hunter and mage in advance before waves 8 and 9, because they can get globaled (especially at the start of 9 with a fireball + chomp). Zen med on wave 8 I didn't use but sounds really good.

Also you need to make sure that the warrior has SW for 5 and 7, or that if he uses it on 4, you at least have Cocoon up, else you really need to spam Healing Sphere on him when they enrage and lose a lot of mana, which you can recover of course since you'd usually end up with 15-20 stacks in round 10, but it sets you back a lot. Basically just don't use SW and cocoon at the same time or round even (he will SW the mogu enrage or when he gets really low).

Xuen gives you a free round every 3 as it pretty much soloes it for healing and sets you really far ahead for damage, I personally used it on 3,6,9.

Something I did on round 4 with the double debuffs that I ended up doing a lot on other rounds to conserve mana, is to move away when the debuff is on me and let it explode, and collect a few healing orbs from mastery, which are all over the place (I use the glyph).

Also maybe it's just me but ReM is fucking annoying because I need to cast it 3 times to get 5 man coverage, even with the glyph. It literally won't ever jump to the rogue, or keep jumping to targets that already have the hot. I end up barely even using TFT if at all because of this.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2013-09-15 at 01:39 AM.

xuen made a huge difference for me.
    healing spheres was more mana wasteful than SM it seemed but had a more immediate effect. I rarely used them :/
    Fistweaving was terrible and definitely not the way to go, I ran out of mana faster that way.
    I did manage to make it to wave 19 though by using Xuen on waves 5, 8, 12, 15, and 18.
    I miss managed my mana on 19 but I could have easily made it to 20 that attempt had i not.

Just wiped at wave 50 Started wave 41 with 100% mana and 18 mana tea stacks, but i fucked up at wave 45 with missing a few interrupts and had to spend almost 250k mana to recover. I think getting past wave 60 is doable, but it going to require almost perfect play and a bit of rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joax View Post
    Just wiped at wave 50 Started wave 41 with 100% mana and 18 mana tea stacks, but i fucked up at wave 45 with missing a few interrupts and had to spend almost 250k mana to recover. I think getting past wave 60 is doable, but it going to require almost perfect play and a bit of rng.
    it seems u are lying.. i just checked the wowprogress and there is one monk at 53 wave and one at 49..

Deleted
    Bit of RNG?
    All it is above Wave 30 is pure RNG.
    Wave 8 and transition into 9 is one big RNG fest, i mean, 4 flamecasters, while above wave 30 all it takes is 2 of them to target same target and you are done. You can control them while you can stand next to them, but as wave 9 comes, you need to position yourself to kick AoE mob from wave 9 as he spawns and that is when sh*t hits the fan for me even with precasted healing spheres, Xuen, Revival and Life Cocoon all ready.
    And then you get to wave 44 and your tank decides to come with rogue to ranged, so the aqua bomb can blow up everyone at once.

I love and hate Proving grounds. I was kinda racing with resto shaman from my guild, so I just kept going until I hit 4405 now and I just dont have the willpower to continue until he beats me again. Nothing like spending half an hour to get to wave 38 and die from pure RNG.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2013-09-15 at 02:57 PM.

Is it possible that proving grounds are bugged? I can't drink at wave 10 because dps doesn't do it's job and after watching a few vids on youtube i am confused why the npcs kill their mobs allot faster.

Deleted
    There was a hotfix 1 day into launch that stopped mage NPC from going into melee and AoEing, it reduced DPS. Most videos are prehotfix or from PTR.
    You now have to help with damage to get out of combat, but its no problem on monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    There was a hotfix 1 day into launch that stopped mage NPC from going into melee and AoEing, it reduced DPS. Most videos are prehotfix or from PTR.
    You now have to help with damage to get out of combat, but its no problem on monk.
    Did you try proving grounds today? If yes, how far did you go? Because right now because of the lack of dps i have many different phases overlapping which means i got water bomb, aoe tauren and chomp on all at the same time.

I just can't see myself holding against that until wave 30.