Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has anyone else stopped using titles?

Stopped displaying them on my characters recently, and looking now at the new ", Conqueror of Orgrimmar" title made me think more about this. I've never liked having super long titles like that one, and given how abundant they are today I feel like it's really cluttering up the names too much. Sometimes it's just flat out difficult to get the actual name of a player if they never say anything in chat, since there's such a wild mixture of both prefix and suffix titles.
    I'd prefer to just see the character name above the avatar or in the tooltip and nothing else. In fact, I'd even like to see a feature to disable the displays of titles on the client side.

nope

you are alone

Deleted
    i stopped too. Anyway all the titles are stupid

"Champion of the Naaru" is the only title I use - especially if the character is a draenei.

Although.. I confess.. I'm working on the "crazy catlady" title at the moment. :X

Deleted

Guess what title I ALWAYS use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    i stopped too. Anyway all the titles are stupid
    Not sure if serious or troll....

Deleted
    I've always used my "Hand of A'dal" title, never used anything else, never will

Nah, Death's Demise will stay with me forever.

Deleted
    considering all dem hours of farming pointless reps for insane ill never take it off

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I'd prefer to just see the character name above the avatar or in the tooltip and nothing else. In fact, I'd even like to see a feature to disable the displays of titles on the client side.
    I use the addon TipTac mainly for this reason. It moves the tooltips to somewhere convenient, and also allows you just to see names if you wish.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac

If I'd have some cool titles I'd use them, Else I just use "The Argent Champion" or "The Hollowed"

The only title that I still use is "The Undying" and not on all chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    only titles i use are the vanilla pvp ones. got 4 characters with them, rest of my characters are blank, apart from paladin uses crusader and druid has guardian of cenarius,
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    In fact, I'd even like to see a feature to disable the displays of titles on the client side.
    You can already do that via the interface options.

10+ Year Old Account
    The titles I use are usually character appropriate. My paladin is using Argent Champion, my druid is Elder, my rogue Seeker, and so forth. Still hoping for a "Flearidden" title for my worgen hunter.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Im sporting

CRAZY CAT MAN

Who needs world first titles when you got that title

SUCK IT SCARAB LORDS LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I use 'Elder' on my warrior just due to the fact I've been playing for so long :/
    But I tried to figure out a cool title for my hunter and they all sounded lame (the ones that I have).
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Im sporting

CRAZY CAT MAN

Who needs world first titles when you got that title

SUCK IT SCARAB LORDS LOL
    im super jelous! im missing 5 cats for that achievement! time to get hunting!
    dragonmaw - EU

I used to disable titles while in raids and also like the other raid mates who did the same, was easier to spot names on the run.

I was the only one sporting the "Crazy Cat Lady" title for a long time (you know, since Tuesday) until I finally saw a second late last night. I like it, i'll use it for... well, i'll put it on my priest who will use that, Tamer/Zookeeper off and on.

My Troll Shaman uses Darkspear Rev... previously just used "of Sen'Jin", I use Ambassador, Battlemaster... most of my other toons don't really need one, seems weird for a level 12 to have "Elder" but meh. Options.

I do love the prefix/suffix combination idea, I liked it in Rift "Tech Lord Kateeya, The Bounty Hunter" since I'm not max level to advance to get Warlord title.