Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooricy View Post
    How do i clean it? I take out the gpu ... put it on a cloth and vaccum everything slowly.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking while i clean shold i get a new gpu? I eventually want to sli 770s or a 780. However cant lut an sli 770 therd now its too dirty.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yr old blankets there is dust evrry where... a member of the female sex hasnt been there in years. I work 10-12 hours a day.
    If you work and wish to have the enjoyment of playing your PC in your spare time, I suggest you get off your backside and keep it clean and running smooth.

I do not suggest you get new parts until you are able to take care of your current system.
    Why?
    Because if you buy a new computer and neglect it, the cost when it drops dead will be quite a bit more.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I will look after my new pc. I plan to clean it every day.

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

10+ Year Old Account
    I will look after my new pc. I plan to clean it every day.
    Show us you can take care of your old dog before you put him down and claim you'll do better with the new puppy.

That is some baaaad cleaning habits you got there, and I live in quite a dusty room myself...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

No ones discussing upgrades thou. I want to also play totla war on ultra at 120hz. Ill clean existing setup tofsy and post pics at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Now am i ready for an update?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($275.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($165.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($91.95 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($104.00 @ PLE Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($315.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $1039.95
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-13 21:58 EST+1000)

Keep your current PSU, case, HDD and optical drive.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Okay gpu now heating to 108 degrees >< that seems high!

Okay gpu now heating to 108 degrees >< that seems high!
    What did you clean it with?

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

the water thing

damn i broke my gpu, the auto function no longer works....auto in afterburn is 92% WTF!!

the water thing

damn i broke my gpu, the auto function no longer works....auto in afterburn is 92% WTF!!
    You... Used water on electronics? Like, seriously? Chazus pointed out the easiest way to do it, canned air.

yes i meant compressed air.

I sprayed it on to GPU. Now the GPU fan is doing its own thing....

You called it water thing... Any chance you didn't keep the can vertical and sprayed liquid instead of air?

i tried to keep it vertical sigh...

GPU is working okay, but i think i broke GPU fan, it is doing some weird shit. Idle GPU is 81degrees.

If the GPU Fan is broken, based on images I saw earlier in the thread its probably because so much dust got into the motor of the fan, that it stripped the gears over time. I tend to agree with some people in this thread, but since now the damage is done, I recommend getting a Mid-to-Low End Gaming GPU that can be replaced without breaking your budget, simply to prevent such a thing from happening again

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I just threw up a little in my mouth.

One day I hope everyone uses dust filters on their intake fans.
    Still doesnt remove the dusting totally :P

Looks like I broke it.

Tested temp now, after 20mins on WoW on Ultra (had no problems before dusting) -

GPU 108 temp 1 57 temp2 33 temp 3 60 then cores were fine 39 and 37 each; main temps seem super high... why is cup overheating now