Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I read that they were going to have some sort of advanced air conditioning on the pitches. Will still be murder to play in however.

That heat is not good to play football in no matter what country you are from, we could be in for some slow paced matches.
    The problem is the fans walking about all day in that heat as well - people often forget to drink water when its really hot

Deleted
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

Guess the bribes have come flying in.

No one can play 90 minutes of football in 40-50 degree celcius. Smells of corruption when Qatar can get awarded a SUMMER World cup.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-09-19 at 11:06 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    30°C is good to play footall, they will just have to schedule the game at night.
    Most european cup and international game are played at night anyway.

it's far easier to schedule game at night than move around all major national championship of the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    30°C is good to play footall, they will just have to schedule the game at night.
    Most european cup and international game are played at night anyway.

it's far easier to schedule game at night than move around all major national championship of the planet.
    Which means nobody will be able to watch the games because kick-off will have to be at 9 or so or perhaps even later

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Which means nobody will be able to watch the games because kick-off will have to be at 9 or so or perhaps even later
    9pm in Qatar is about 6pm in Europe and midday on the east coast of the US. Sucks to be in the Far East or one of the Oceania time zones though, all of the games will be played at about 3 am.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

Guess the bribes have come flying in.
    That is hilarious. Wonder how much the second payment was for FIFA to move the World Cup to winter. You'd think that there would be an effort by the major football countries to oust FIFA and create a new body (although I'm sure that there are small factions trying to do just that). The original decision was hilariously corrupt. Gee a country with about one major city, no infrastructure whatsoever, new to football, no stadiums, searing temperatures in a desert, a lengthy history of being a joke when it comes to trying to build things on time or a country with the greatest sports infrastructure on earth with at least one gigantic stadium in every major city, televising ability already set to go, decent weather, tons of options of where to play games. Such a joke. Any of the other four finalist cities should have been taken over Qatar. Having to move the damn tournament's time just solidifies what a joke it is. I wonder who makes more money off bribes, FIFA, American politicians, or the IOC.

From what I've been hearing the IOC is likely to threaten to remove football from the Olympic event list if the World Cup interferes with the Winter Olympics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From what I've been hearing the IOC is likely to threaten to remove football from the Olympic event list if the World Cup interferes with the Winter Olympics.
    Well hell, 2022 is a Winter Olympic year. So the WC would need to be early January since the Olympics would likely take place in February. That would be a nightmare for television providers I'm sure, but damn would that be an awesome two month stretch as a viewer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Just move the Winter Olympics to summer, simples.

Saw some bidding countries will try and sue since they didn't win the bids, spent a load of cash promoting (taking FIFA officials to dinner) and could have a summer world cup.

Deleted
    Ooooh don't forget about the slavery : http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rld-cup-slaves