PVP 5.4 - First Impressions

So, for those of you who enjoy PVP, what are your thoughts on Hunters so far in 5.4?

I'm a total BG Hero, so I can't speak to much in terms of talents and strategy for Arena compositions, but I did quite a few BGs last night as Marksmanship.

So far, my damage output seems incredibly low. Like a good DPS player, I was focusing healers as much as I could, but even with Rapid Fire, Heroism, Stampede, and Widow's Venom on an enemy healer, I couldn't put up enough pressure to get him low enough to Silencing Shot -> Kill Shot -> Kill Shot. I'm sitting in item level 516 PVE gear (which may be part of my troubles: it gets normalized to 496 with no PVP Power), and I think the highest crit I saw all night was around 35,000.

Does anyone have a full set of PVP gear to see how much PVP Power is making a difference with the new 72% base resilience change? I'm curious about how to gem gear as I earn it. Agility only? PVP Power only? Mix of both to match socket colors?

What about specs? Has anyone tried BM or Survival and had any impressive results?

farm the tryanical gear and then repost your findings please

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    So, for those of you who enjoy PVP, what are your thoughts on Hunters so far in 5.4?

I'm a total BG Hero, so I can't speak to much in terms of talents and strategy for Arena compositions, but I did quite a few BGs last night as Marksmanship.

So far, my damage output seems incredibly low. Like a good DPS player, I was focusing healers as much as I could, but even with Rapid Fire, Heroism, Stampede, and Widow's Venom on an enemy healer, I couldn't put up enough pressure to get him low enough to Silencing Shot -> Kill Shot -> Kill Shot. I'm sitting in item level 516 PVE gear (which may be part of my troubles: it gets normalized to 496 with no PVP Power), and I think the highest crit I saw all night was around 35,000.

Does anyone have a full set of PVP gear to see how much PVP Power is making a difference with the new 72% base resilience change? I'm curious about how to gem gear as I earn it. Agility only? PVP Power only? Mix of both to match socket colors?

What about specs? Has anyone tried BM or Survival and had any impressive results?
    i am having considerably more trouble getting players down pre-patch. i knew we were getting a slight nerf but everyone else seems to be just alot stronger.
    im in mostly tyrannical, MM hunter. im not one to bitch but this is sucking right now im looking into maybe going all pvp power gems..or waiting for more talented hunters to offer advice.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    farm the tryanical gear and then repost your findings please
    I am asking other hunters if it makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue
    Does anyone have a full set of PVP gear to see how much PVP Power is making a difference with the new 72% base resilience change?
    I've started farming it, but I can't do it overnight. I just wanted to know what others with more gear are seeing.

Deleted
    its around 35% extra damage if you switch to full pvp gear from the pvp power and set bonuses alone.
    There is NO reason to use pve gear in pvp nowadays unless you want a specifik OP trinket.