Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I doubt it, its likely just a case of them fu**ing up with the communications again, like how J Allan Brack claimed 'Thrall will come back as warchief', well Zarhym changed that saying 'that may not happen'.

I'm beginning to learn not to take anything the devs say seriously anymore, since they change there mind on projects at the last moment.
    That or it's planned deceit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

ofcourse there will be a patch 5.5 and 5.6, 5.7 and we can continue this but i bet ... in one of those patches ... there will be something with garrosh hellscream in it or voljin

Deception or not, people are pissed off because Garrosh is not dead and the player base was lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So now the latest cinematics have been out, I'm pretty sure that there will be a patch 5.5.
    In 5.5 the trial of Garrosh will find place, and cleaning up the mess of the Siege and Pandaria.

Putting Garrosh's trial in the next expansion wouldn't make sense, so that wouldn't do it.
    It's to late to do it in 5.4 since everything is added already.
    Garrosh is also to big to just forget, and to big to do in a scenario.

Unless blizzard makes a world event of Garrosh's trial, I assume we will have a 5.5

Someone else has any other idea?
    It would make perfect sense to include the Garrosh's trial in the next expansion, or at least the attempt at putting him on trial. If the next is a Old Gods or Burning Crusade or demons related expansion, then it could start with the enemy of the xpac coming to "rescue" Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One of my favorite TV series, Breaking Bad is a mix of things changing all the time. Like Jesse Pinkman was supposed to die in the first series, but the character developed so much potential. Gus Frings originally only being there for a couple of episodes. Tuco was supposed to be the baddie for an entire season, but the actor was tied up in sth else, so they cut that short.

But Blizzard cannot change their mind if they come up with something they like better?

The lesson to be learned however seems to be: Blizzard should just shut up and stay tight lipped. Period.
    tbh I wish they would.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    they also said garrosh would die at the end of this, so I'm no longer inclined to believe a word they say.
    I have to agree there, unless Jaina takes justice in her own hands and kills him

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    I doubt we'll ever see the trial in game. Probably be explained away in a book.
    An event this large will be in the game. It makes no sense to capture him and forget about him. There will be something about it before the next xpac. 100%, quote me on that.

What if our player character gets to be the one to execute Garrosh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They've been doing that for quite a while now, but for some reason most people seem to ignore these examples and keep taking everything Blizzard says as absolute truth. It has happened hundreds of times now over the past 9 years that Blizzard says something and the opposite happens, wether it's about storyline predictions or class or game mechanic changes. :/

It has made reading Blizzard interviews completely pointless by now...
    well none more established as this, because they milked this as much as they could.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    The trail is going to be held in the Ruby Sanctum
    And it will be a Phoenix Wright-style minigame.

With jousting vehicle mechanics, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Deception or not, people are pissed off because Garrosh is not dead and the player base was lied to.
    Didn't see them say he should die, but if they did, he's only taken to pandaria to stand trial there. We probably get to see what happens with that in 5.5. Since it's not over yet, it's a bit early to judge that you were lied to already.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would be awesome would be if Garrosh is about to be executed but the Pandaren can come to grips with it because they are, for lack of a better word "Jedi", so just about the time he is about to be executed, the Pandaren stops. Garrosh seeing this moment as a time to get revenge starts running towards an unknowing Anduin or even Varian. Just as Garrosh is about to get there you see the arrow pierce Garrosh thus Vol'jin fulfilling his promise to Garrosh AND gaining a little brownie points with Varian AND sealing his newly appointed position as... [insert new catchy title] because Warchief is an Orc thing and since Vol'jin has become the first non-orc to be Supreme Ruler, I think they should come out with a new title.

Deleted
    I can see it now, they hold the trial at some great place of power, Garrosh gets up and yells that this was his plan all along. With the essence of the old god he grows into a huge giant and becomes a one-boss raid.

Vol'jin dies killing him and Thrall is made warchief again, making Vol'jins reign a huge troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats actually a point. Every warchief before, the only way the mantle has passed on, is either in death, or willing to pass it on. Garrosh is not dead, and he wouldn't ever willingly pass it on.
    so, since he's alive, wouldn't that just mean vol'jin is not able to claim it?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    And it will be a Phoenix Wright-style minigame.

With jousting vehicle mechanics, of course.
    Garrosh must die for forcing players to joust! That is an unforgivable crime! Maybe Icehowl can come and eat him.

This is what I see happening in 5.5, almost like the beginning of Skyrim. They are having the Garrosh trail and there is going to be some sort of harsh sentence against him. All of a sudden out of no where, either the Legion or the Naga attack and everyone tries to escape the destruction these creatures are causing. While that happens, Garrosh escapes and makes his own "Iron Horde" or some other faction and stays underground for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    What if our player character gets to be the one to execute Garrosh?
    Then i would cancel my subscription.

Deleted
    thats actually a point. Every warchief before, the only way the mantle has passed on, is either in death, or willing to pass it on. Garrosh is not dead, and he wouldn't ever willingly pass it on.
    so, since he's alive, wouldn't that just mean vol'jin is not able to claim it?
    Garrosh got bested in combat, that's how warchief's get toppled. Although... Vol'jin didn't do it so we have a rightful claim for leadership. But ya know, fuck the lore. Also to anyone who thinks Garrosh will die at the end of the trial he wont. If they were gonna kill him off they would have killed him in Siege not some side quest trial bullshit. He's got a part to play, what part I have no idea.
    Last edited by mmoc13d98a5557; 2013-09-12 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Garrosh got bested in combat, that's how warchief's get toppled. Although... Vol'jin didn't do it so we have a rightful claim for leadership. But ya know, fuck the lore. Also to anyone who thinks Garrosh will die at the end of the trail he wont. If they were gonna kill him off they would have killed him in Siege not some side quest trial bullshit. He's got a part to play, what part I have no idea.
    Exactly.

There not gonna take the satisfaction from killing him away from the players just to have NPC's kill him later. Garrosh will continue on for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the end of this has not happened yet.

I'm gonna bet garrosh will be publicly executed in pandaria.
    Doesn't sound like a very panda thing to do though. More like hours of having to hear Cho blab away at him hoping to reform him. In 6.1, we'll find Garrosh pulling weeds and tending to his carrots, rejoicing in meditation every evening.