Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they also said garrosh would die at the end of this, so I'm no longer inclined to believe a word they say.
    Even before Mists of Pandaria was released and when people first learned that Garrosh would be the end boss, Metzen said in an interview that Mists of Pandaria wouldn't necessarily have to be the end of Garrosh' story. They did deliver on that.

I think the confusion simply came from one Blizzard employee saying Garrosh dies, when in fact he probably meant when Garrosh is taken down. You know, as in taking down a boss. His choice of words was just confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    they also said garrosh would die at the end of this, so I'm no longer inclined to believe a word they say.
    It's almost as if you tube videos aren't canon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe they deliberately lied.

What fun is knowing what happens every single time? Not very. Every single end boss for every expansion thus far just dies, maybe some of you hate it, but it's a change at least.

Deleted
    Well of course there will be a 5.5. We need the Garrosh trial and a peace conference. One thing is obvious. Garrosh will not be executed. There would be no point to this trial crap if he died at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So now the latest cinematics have been out, I'm pretty sure that there will be a patch 5.5.
    In 5.5 the trial of Garrosh will find place, and cleaning up the mess of the Siege and Pandaria.

Putting Garrosh's trial in the next expansion wouldn't make sense, so that wouldn't do it.
    It's to late to do it in 5.4 since everything is added already.
    Garrosh is also to big to just forget, and to big to do in a scenario.

Unless blizzard makes a world event of Garrosh's trial, I assume we will have a 5.5

Someone else has any other idea?
    Spoiler isn't speculation.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Its entirely possible that the Trial of Garrosh will be resolved in a book, much like how the bombing of Theramoore happened in a book. It just seems too large, there's a list too big of people he's aggravated, and unless they do like a 30min cutscene, the trial will feel rushed, or silly. So my bets are that its gonna happen in a book.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They've been doing that for quite a while now, but for some reason most people seem to ignore these examples and keep taking everything Blizzard says as absolute truth. It has happened hundreds of times now over the past 9 years that Blizzard says something and the opposite happens, wether it's about storyline predictions or class or game mechanic changes. :/

It has made reading Blizzard interviews completely pointless by now...
    I think the problem is that a lot of information about changes happen after the big events like GamesCom. When there's a big event everyone wants to know everything but after that a lot of people don't watch out for twitter or interviews from fansites. I think on twitter one of the lore guys said that Garrosh will be brought to justice as a comment on whether Garrosh will die or not.

Interviews and comments are right but only when you always look at the latest one and it isn't that easy to find that one. Even a site like MMO-Champion that often gets quoted by other fansites doesn't cover everything. A lot of times you have to read news or corrections in the MMO-Champion forum or in the official forum.

Sha of Setbacks the next raid end boss?

Either ways i hope he gets killed considering the damage he's done. Though i'm more interested in seeing what the next ex-pack will be about and it's pre events in the next patch.

I doubt it'll involve the Burning Legion considering "Titan" has been pushed back a few years.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2013-09-12 at 06:22 PM.

Could be possible Wrathion will kidnap Garrosh and take him with him for "later plans", since he couldn't achieve his goal one a single faction like he wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Why even question patch 5.5.

They ALWAYS made a .5 to smooth the line from one exp to another.
    they always do it like that. why would it change in this exp?
    They've technically NEVER done it, but ok.

Vanilla ended with patch 1.11, Naxxramas 40. Opening of the Dark Portal world event happened in Patch 2.0

BC ended with patch 2.4, Sunwell Plateau. Scourge invasion world event happened in Patch 3.0

Wrath ended with Ruby Sanctum with patch 3.3.5 which is BY FAR THE CLOSEST EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SAID, but is technically not patch 3.4. Ruby Sanctum for whatever reason wasn't categorized as a full patch then, more an extension of 3.3 (much like Onyxia with patch 3.2). The Shattering world event happened in Patch 4.0

Cataclysm ended with Dragon Soul in patch 4.3. Theramore scenario happened in patch 5.0

Mists of Pandaria MIGHT end with patch 5.5, but until confirmation may be assumed to end with patch 5.4, Siege of Orgrimmar. The presence of a patch between final raid and 6.0 pre patch is admittedly possible but we have no precedent of it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm going to talk a lot about perfect world in the coming days. Because that means we don't have to worry about team limitations, the impending expansion, story obligations, or faction bias.

Perfect World 5.5 for me would have a few major features. First, it would show the actual visit between Anduin and Garrosh. Likely this would be a brain picking moment, where Anduin tries to understand what would make an honorable Orc, the son of Grom, turn to the powers of an Old God like that. Maybe there will be a redemption moment, maybe it'll foreshadow the coming expansion (5.5 will be after Blizzcon almost for sure). Then there'll be the trial. Garrosh will be inevitably found (or plead) guilty to every war crime since 4.0 and be executed.

The other major thing will be the Battle for Gilneas. Where Varian sends Alliance champions to aid the Gilneas Reclamation Front in establishing control over the region and beating back the Forsaken. It would be the new gearing area like Karasang and Barrens were before it. Using a mixture of dynamic events and daily quests to help show the conflict between Sylvanas and Genn. Vol'jin would also be involved, as the last thing he wants is to see Sylvanas plunge the Horde back into war with the Alliance. As a major turn of events, it's now the Horde trying to maintain peace instead of the Alliance (Jaina).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    They've technically NEVER done it, but ok.

Vanilla ended with patch 1.11, Naxxramas 40. Opening of the Dark Portal world event happened in Patch 2.0

BC ended with patch 2.4, Sunwell Plateau. Scourge invasion world event happened in Patch 3.0

Wrath ended with Ruby Sanctum with patch 3.3.5 which is BY FAR THE CLOSEST EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SAID, but is technically not patch 3.4. Ruby Sanctum for whatever reason wasn't categorized as a full patch then, more an extension of 3.3 (much like Onyxia with patch 3.2). The Shattering world event happened in Patch 4.0

Cataclysm ended with Dragon Soul in patch 4.3. Theramore scenario happened in patch 5.0

Mists of Pandaria MIGHT end with patch 5.5, but until confirmation may be assumed to end with patch 5.4, Siege of Orgrimmar. The presence of a patch between final raid and 6.0 pre patch is admittedly possible but we have no precedent of it.
    Traditionally the pre-event was always the x.0 patch, but MoP may change that. There's an established tradition this expansion of having an extra patch after the tier goes live to provide faster ways to gear up. That's why I included the Battle for Gilneas in my theory.

And Garrosh's trial is something that should happen sooner rather than later. The longer he waits the more likely he is to be sprung by loyalists or greater evil (the Legion).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Strictly speaking, they said he would be Deposed/dethroned/removed, never once did they use the word "die"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Strictly speaking, they said he would be Deposed/dethroned/removed, never once did they use the word "die"...
    It is true. They said we'd raid Orgrimmar and end Garrosh's reign as warchief once and for all.

We just assumed he would die because it's a raid, and he isn't holding the position after the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    The trail is going to be held in the Ruby Sanctum
    Taran Zhu says that the trial is going to be held on Pandaria. The Ruby Sanctum ≠ Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Taran Zhu says that the trial is going to be held on Pandaria. The Ruby Sanctum ≠ Pandaria.
    It'll likely be held either in the Temple of the White Tiger or at the entrance to Mogu'shan Palce, overlooking the destruction of the Vale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.5 will have the rebuilding of the Horde, the crowning of Varian as High King (or the return of Varian, or something like that), and Garrosh's trial. It won't have a raid, it'll be a patch similar to Landfall. Calling it now.

- - - Updated - - -

thats actually a point. Every warchief before, the only way the mantle has passed on, is either in death, or willing to pass it on. Garrosh is not dead, and he wouldn't ever willingly pass it on.
    so, since he's alive, wouldn't that just mean vol'jin is not able to claim it?
    Honestly I don't think it matters. It's not like the citizens of the Horde are going to argue semantics about whether or not Vol'jin is the real Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Patch 5.5 will have the rebuilding of the Horde, the crowning of Varian as High King (or the return of Varian, or something like that), and Garrosh's trial. It won't have a raid, it'll be a patch similar to Landfall. Calling it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't think it matters. It's not like the citizens of the Horde are going to argue semantics about whether or not Vol'jin is the real Warchief.
    There's only two camps that will argue semantics in this case.

1. Garrosh Loyalists who want him freed and returned to power.

2. Those who wanted Thrall to smash Garrosh's face in right there in the Underhold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's only two camps that will argue semantics in this case.

1. Garrosh Loyalists who want him freed and returned to power.

2. Those who wanted Thrall to smash Garrosh's face in right there in the Underhold.
    Garrosh Loyalists will likely be killed off (or imprisoned, whatever the Horde does to traitors). Even if they do stay alive, it's not like anyone is going to listen to them. It'll be like the Fel Horde claiming they are the 'real Horde'; no one cares except for them.

Why would people who wanted Garrosh to be murdered argue that Garrosh is the real Warchief?

Unless you meant out-of-game (like people on this forum), which at that point, it doesn't even matter.

Clearly Outland comes under attack and Garrosh must go back and help defend the realm he left not so long ago. Before it's all said and done Garrosh will save more lives than he took, and he will be a true champion of not only the Horde but of outland & azeroth.

Deleted
    Let's be honest though they're two pretty different situations. Lying about Garrosh dying..well I think it's a scummy move when writers lie about where their story is heading, but it's an understandable misdirection. Outright lying about whether or not new content will be put out on the other hand really doesn't serve Blizzard at all. I'm going to trust them on there being a 5.5.