Deleted

disc priest 5.4...

a simple question really, is crit still the way to go in 5.4?
    im currently 534 ilvl with 25% crit & 24% mastery.
    my armoury is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edsista/simple
    i had a pretty good healing record last patch with our 10 man social raiding guild & would obviously like to carry that on, but the odd tweak wouldnt go amiss.
    any constructive help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, crit all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I'm not sure if it has changed for 10 man (25 man raider over here), but secondary stat priority was pretty blurred in 10 mans since you guys have to do a little bit of everything, as opposed to the more specialized roles of tank and raid healers in 25 (though it's obviously not 100% exclusive before anyone yells at me). If you Atonement a lot then crit is the way to go. I know a lot ran with mastery though for the larger shields. There were Priests who even ran with a haste build if they wanted the faster heals.

I would say keep a good balance between crit and mastery, with crit around 5% higher. That seems to be the standard concensus to optomize HPS in the Priest community currently. Keep in mind this is raid buffed, so take into account the buffs provided by your raid. If you 2 heal most fights, then you may want higher haste, especially if your other healer is a reliable HoT healer.

I'm sure a more knowledgable 10 man healer can give you more insight though.

I personally am trying to keep crit and mastery somewhat close, at least from a 25M perspective. As our tier and many offset items are covered in mastery; I plan on picking up every crit off-item I can and using misty/potent/smooths in every gem slot and leaving the mastery alone in terms of reforging. Along with our 2pc bonus which should have a relatively high up time (provided you pay attention), it should be more than enough crit for my taste.

Deleted
    if crit is the way to go, is it worth getting yu'lon's bite for 50,000 coins or the contemplation of chi-ji?

If you aren't going to be getting heroic trinkets, yu'lons bite will be pretty amazing, I would def farm it up.

Deleted
    cheers mate were just a social raiding guild, we wont be going near heroics i wouldnt think lol