Deleted

Conductivity Question.

So i was just thinking about the new talents and a question popped into my head: If you drop your first healing raid with int proc/UE will those procs apply to the healing rain if you extend it with conductivity? This would definitely make the talent allot better for stacked fights in my opinion.

Deleted
    UE will affect HR for the entire duration, int/haste procs will affect HR while they are up. If they proc after you casted HR, your HR should still be buffed for as long as they're up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually tried conductivity for Thok today. It's kinda odd. It doesn't behave like it did a while back on an older build. The thing is... what I think I saw... was that one cast of HR cannot be extended further than 40 seconds. Which means that one HR can only be extended for 30s.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Because when I noticed that after the first pull, I immediately went RS instead. Thok was the only boss that I could see Conductivity as being useful and kinda cheesy. But... well... I don't like it when it behaves like it did.

Yes, Conductivity now basically increases the duration of HR to 40 seconds (as long as you keep casting before it disappears).

15+ Year Old Account
    It will max at 40 Seconds if you keep it rolling.

Conductivity has had a lot discussed about it recently, mainly how it's not really worth it. Check out the discussion here!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The duration extension of Conductivity also still decreases based on how much haste you have. For example, at my haste level, it extends by 3.1 seconds instead of 4.0. I can't believe with the amount of time spent on that talent this PTR cycle that they put it live with that still bugged.

For Thok, I found the easiest approach was just to glyph Riptide, and use it in place of Chain Heal as a filler during P1 so that you only have to hard cast Healing Rain. CH is just too unwieldly to use after the first few roars. Water Shield procs a completely ridiculous amount on that fight, so mana is a complete non issue, even when spamming Riptide constantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I can't believe with the amount of time spent on that talent this PTR cycle that they put it live with that still bugged.
    I honestly believe they tried to make it work but just eventually gave up. With no fitting replacement in time it's best to have let it ride out with much less tinkering until the expansion.

Clearly they didn't have an idea for what to do with it like a swap say with Burden of Guilt - Evil is a Point of View.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The duration extension of Conductivity also still decreases based on how much haste you have. For example, at my haste level, it extends by 3.1 seconds instead of 4.0. I can't believe with the amount of time spent on that talent this PTR cycle that they put it live with that still bugged.

For Thok, I found the easiest approach was just to glyph Riptide, and use it in place of Chain Heal as a filler during P1 so that you only have to hard cast Healing Rain. CH is just too unwieldly to use after the first few roars. Water Shield procs a completely ridiculous amount on that fight, so mana is a complete non issue, even when spamming Riptide constantly.
    Yeah, it sucks so much like that. I REALLY wanted to find just ONE situation in this game where that talent would be useful to have. Just ONE, you know

I too tried glyphing RT für Thok, but found that when you 2-heal it on 10-man, the HoT is just too ridiculously low - especially when you're healing together with a druid - and you need to hard-cast chain heal for as long as you can, then squeeze in HS for as long as the interval will allow and throw HTT whenever the intervals between screeches become so short that you can't hard-cast anymore. Also: thank the titans for AS-HR-macros!

Deleted
    Didn't they say the increase in duration being affected by haste was intentional? That's why it's a 4 second extension at 0% haste after all. The talent isn't really bad in situations where you are fully stacked up for a long time. If you compare it to casting HR every 12s (which is optimal from a throughput perspective), it saves you 3.5 HR casts and 1 UE cast per minute at 40s HR duration. That's quite a lot of mana you gain (worth up to 9.6k spirit if my calculations are correct). It also buffs HR by 35% as long as you can keep up HR in one place for the whole UE cooldown. That's really not that long.