Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am now a Fire-Watcher. Anyone else close?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently at 591 coins.

It amazes me that, after nearly a decade of work on quest designs, the folks at Blizz can still manage to make such monumental gaffes in quest requirements.

If things were easy to obtain, it wouldn't have much joy in accomplishing them. Also, you would see everybody with the title or achievement which further diminishes the value of it. Something like obtaining 10k bloody coins was insane, but Blizzard saw that and nuked it to 2k instead. Granted the vendor has nothing to offer for 2k total coins since everything he offers adds up less then 1k.

i've been an avid healer since wotlk and when i found out they required KBs i was so bummed out. I end up helping out my dps friends get theirs with ease but im just sitting here on my black yak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troenderfury View Post
    As horde I found a rather easy way of farming coins solo (this applies only for ranged classes). Just stand behind the rocks in the water near the flight master and kill people who arrive on the island. Since it takes a while to get there I found that many people are AFK when going there, so they don't put up much of a fight. If you are a class with water walking it makes it even easier to escape if you get attacked. You can also use Cursed Swabby Helmet for 200% swim speed for an even easier escape.

By using this method I've farmed around 250 coins without spending much time at all.
    Very nice tactic haha.

Smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    My tactic is that I wait until people are telling general chat where Evermaw is, and I use my [Cursed Swabby Helmet] and swim under Evermaw picking people off one by one until there's maybe a handful of people left at which point they're wondering where everyone went but by then it's too late for them and they're already bloody coins for me. I get anywhere from 30-50 bloody coins per Evermaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    My tactic is that I wait until people are telling general chat where Evermaw is, and I use my [Cursed Swabby Helmet] and swim under Evermaw picking people off one by one until there's maybe a handful of people left at which point they're wondering where everyone went but by then it's too late for them and they're already bloody coins for me. I get anywhere from 30-50 bloody coins per Evermaw.
    Thats.. actually really smart
    Some of you people have gotten really great strats. well done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I am confused.

Why do people want eveything, straight away?

If everyone got it straight away, people would class it 'welfare' or w/e.
    I thought the same as you at first. But after running around on the isle with the debuff for over 3 hours killing people. And still have gotten ONE freaking coin. I know it is hard to get the last hit but atleast 10 of my kills has been solo kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running around with a mage and shaman friend in my guild lighting people up. My favorite tactic is running in on a rare spawn and tagging it of course then dotting everyone there. Esp on ones like the big beer elemental where people take a lot of aoe dmg I get like 4-5 killing blows just from dots. It's wonderful.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    its been changed to 2000 coins now
    Still way too much since its kbs and not hks. Should be hks and 2k coins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I thought the same as you at first. But after running around on the isle with the debuff for over 3 hours killing people. And still have gotten ONE freaking coin. I know it is hard to get the last hit but atleast 10 of my kills has been solo kills.
    This. 7½ hours worth of killing and only got 5 coins total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heaven forbid you have to work for something now. The second a change comes to make it say HKs, you''ll cry to many people have it or just throw the mount in your spell book and never use it. Don't like it? Don't want to get it like I or others did? Then skip it and move on, not a required item to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomech View Post
    It amazes me that, after nearly a decade of work on quest designs, the folks at Blizz can still manage to make such monumental gaffes in quest requirements.
    Quoted for emphasis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Still way too much since its kbs and not hks. Should be hks and 2k coins.

- - - Updated - - -

This. 7½ hours worth of killing and only got 5 coins total.
    Only time I DONT get a coin for a kill is either A) fire mages, when the cauterize tick kills them (annoying that), or B) ppl getting killed by a mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Only time I DONT get a coin for a kill is either A) fire mages, when the cauterize tick kills them (annoying that), or B) ppl getting killed by a mob.
    dk's purgatory
    =,="

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Always jealous of ranged classes because you can do stuff like this.
    My poor warrior generally needs a pocket healer on Mal'ganis after the first few kills since people just start hunting me down.

I've started grabbing some friends when Dread Ship spawns and we just AoE the hell out of them and I BB/BS once most folks are around 50% hoping for the bleeds to finish them off. Usually works for a chunk before I get nuked down by a few people.

I've always been an avid achievement hunter, but this one kinda pains me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good grind, but the amount of rage you get from certain victims is migraine-inducing.

My main is a rogue, so I've got a pretty huge advantage in farming coins. I just stealth up, lurk around until I find a victim (usually someone with poor gear and/or low on HP from mobs), cheap shot, killing spree, then vanish before anyone notices I was around. In my first hour I managed to farm up 15 coins, and that was without some of the brilliant strats some of you have posted. Kinda slow, but I can deal. However, I just can't deal with the amount of qq I attract.

First of all, I'm on US-Illidan. Full of people, which can be seen as a good thing (lots of targets to farm), but people hunt you down quickly. The worst thing though is the amount of people that take it SO personal that you killed them. In my 15 kills in one hour, I had four people cry to me. Two of them /ignored me before I could even explain that it was nothing personal and I was just achievement hunting. One just kept calling me a baddie and ignored me even though I tried to be as polite as possible.

The fourth.. lol. I never even killed the guy. He was a decently geared pally that I thought was afk. I tried to gank him, but he bubbled before I got him down. I vanished and ran off before help arrived (on Illidan there's always people near, gotta be quick or you'll get steamrolled) and he just spammed me with "fuck you baddie" over and over. He too ignored me before I could respond. The part that irks me is that he'll unignore me for just a moment to spam it some more, then ignore again. I logged over to an alt to talk to him, and he just did the same thing. I ignored his main, and now when he's on an alt he'll spam me some more. This has been going on for like four days, lol.

I want to complete the achievement, but Jesus Christ. Not if every coin comes from ragebabies like that.

I know some of you probably take pleasure in that kind of thing, but to me it just hurts my head. Anyone feel the same?

some servers will have a decent path to finishing this, but others it will be near impossible

blizzard had to know they were creating something that almost requires some players to collude with one another to game the system for coins

i like the concept of bloody coins, but it needs serious tweaking

I've got 501, but it's going to be a test to just get 149 more to get the missing items.

edit:
    i've also been doing it off server because at least then it'll be people I won't meet hating me.
    Last edited by Danshot; 2013-10-01 at 01:47 PM.

I got start grinding these before the island becomes dead (like wintergrasp) face palm that I still have to farm those out!