Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wait... 10,000 coins?

Unless there's some achievement I don't know about isn't the most expensive thing for sale the mount at 500?

Edit: Never mind - Ignore me, seem to have forgotten that this was posted in the achievement forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    atm killing shaman totems grants coins, that's how people have the mount already.
    wow really? thats gonna get hotfixed quickly lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I just wish they would make it so you can only get coins from other people with the effect , people keep blocking the rares and ganking everyone
    we had a group of 5 people with it earlier people in /1 were not happy with us
    dragonmaw - EU

Shaman totem thing was supposed to be hotfixed already.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    it won't work, when you get killed by someone with item you get a 10min debuff that stops you granting bloody coins.

anyway, isn't the mount 1000 not 10000 coins?
    The mount's actually 500 last time I checked. Doesn't seem so bad, considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    The mount's actually 500 last time I checked. Doesn't seem so bad, considering.
    oh 500 is even better. not that bad really, i got 80 or so already.
    dragonmaw - EU

the other item is useless i am at like 200 coins ( solo rogue... but i only kill the poeple 2 times a day or i would have more :P )

50 coins for 10 minute buff that you can use in bg... i made 2 bg's did not get 1 coin...

1 hour cooldown.. yeah useless if you ask me

guess ill soon have to gank poeple all day long like an ***** :| but i dont like that.. its not fun for me to gank poeple with full HC TF gear and not fun for the poeple on the other side..

Deleted
    people should get some information before posting in here.. we are talking about the 10.000 coins achievement, the mount is only 500 coins..........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That's the point... It's there for the people willing to put in the effort. If you arnt willing you don't deserve the mount.
    I'm not opposed to effort, but it has to actually feel obtainable for people to want to put in the effort. The current acquisition rate is low enough that even people who are totally okay with doing grindy things might conclude that they're investing a lot of time into something that isn't ultimately going to result in returns.

I played in classic. I have tons of grindy achievements completed like maxed reps with just about everyone, killed five bajillion pirates, 50k + HKs, fishing achievements, archaeology achievements, etc. If I knew I could get five coins a night and it would just take me 100 nights to get the mount, then I would probably be okay. But how populated is the island going to be in a few weeks? A few months? People working on this achievement might grind like crazy for a month and then find all their opportunities have dried up and that time was wasted.

And that's just the mount. I can't even imagine going for this achievement!

The censer either needs to be changed to HK over KB, or the oath needs to have a shorter CD so people can farm in BGs, otherwise these achievements and rewards are going to be nearly impossible for people to get outside of high pop pvp realms.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    ye, it lasts for 10 mins and has a 1hour cooldown. it's nearly impossible, unless you want to achieve it in 2020.

so, you are suggesting to bring some1 and lets u kill him 10.000 times. what's the point on doing that? isn't the achievement supposed to be something fun atleast?
    Fun while it is active, not when it turns into a ghost town.
    Halaa was a perfect example of that, where it only really remains viable for a short period of time, and screws over anyone late to the party.
    Timeless Isle will not remain active outside of achievement hunters come the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    atm killing shaman totems grants coins, that's how people have the mount already.
    They fixed that for quite some time now xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Why put a vanilla type grind when times have changed since vanilla... lives have chenged since the time of vanilla...

Here are my thoughts, 10k is alot without or with killing blows for some, personally here is how I think it should work.

Rework the item that lets you get coins off the island into an item that lets you get a 50 % chance at a coin per honorable kill on the island.

Thats perfect and almost fool proof. Not to mention a bunch of people are already thousands of kills in because of that crappy exploit that was hotfixed.

Deleted
    Nothing worth having comes easy.

Step 1. Get a shaman friend with Totemic Persistance
    Step 2. Kill Totems
    Step 3. Get lots of coins
    Step 4. ???
    Step 5. Enjoy your mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, the killing blow bit is overly harsh. I have no idea how I see people on the mushan mount already.
    There is an exploit.
    It has hotfixed :
    "I found out if you kill a player he will give you 1 blood coin and he get a debuff for 10mins not giving coins anymore.
    Buf if you kill a holy priest he will give you a coin, go into Spirit of Redemption form and get no debuff.
    get 10 holy priests, kill at graveyard and you will get the mount and other stuff really quick."

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Snip
    Not only was that hotfixed, but your talking about exploits, stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Nothing worth having comes easy.
    Agreed.

I think 10k Killing blows on the Timeless Isle is ridiculous tbh. If there arent many PvP'ers to fight against, Or you're on a quiet server, You're not going to have a good time. At least making it 10k kills with the item would be better for healing roles etc.

Also if you're on a busy realm and get ganked, You have to wait until its off CD to use it again and hope you dont get ganked and manage to get some killing blows before dying.

Its actually worse then grinding Shaohao Rep.

I was getting 10 coins per mob from skinning....unless they fixed that already.

Deleted
    You get them only if you land the killing blow, and that's with the Censer, the player that you killed also gets a 10 min debuff - killing him again won't wield a coin. Item has a 10m CD and you lose the power upon dying. Now, there's also the Fire-Watcher's Oath, that one has a 60min CD and lasts for 10 mins, you can use this even in BG's with a 30% chance to get a bloody coin, again, killing blows only. Am I missing anything?

Oh, you'll also have to server change after a while - as you will probably end up being the most hated person around.

On a more serious note.. yes, I feel that the current rate of acquisition is ridiculously slow. You think so too? Make sure you let Blizzard know by submitting feedback.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by batmvd View Post
    Why put a vanilla type grind when times have changed since vanilla... lives have chenged since the time of vanilla...
    because not everything should be easy or quick.