Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The future of Go'el

What do you think Blizzard is going to do with Go'el now that Garrosh is out of the picture and Voljin is Warchief, what will his role become now?

To continue leading The Earthen Ring and repairing the ties to the elements that Garrosh has broken? Take side of Voljin and lead the Orcs? Maybe even become an ambassador between the Horde and Alliance? Not sure. But I feel like the mantle of leader ship will overcome him once again.

I don't think he will be a major character at all the coming expansion. I don't even think he's going to be leading the Orcs, I think Voljin will pick another Orc to lead. Maybe Eitrigg or Varok someone with experience who shares the same values and is strong enough to lead. Go'el will continue to go off with The Earthen Ring and repair the damage done and raise his son. We will see glimpses of him here and there but I feel like when shit is hitting the fan (Burning Legion ) thats when Thrall will reclaim his armor and lead the Horde into victory. Thats what I hope, I don't want him to become some Obi-Wan hermit type character.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His name is Thrall get it right!

Deleted
    He will certainly become flesh again. In the the recent cinematic he already lost a lot of levels he gained during cataclysm.

I love the idea of Varok becoming the Orc racial leader. The Orcs are at a crossroads, and some are disappointed by this, but taken down from their position of dominance they have the potential for some really awesome development as a race. For this to happen, they need a strong Orcish leader who isn't Thrall to step up and lead them - Varok could do that.

As for Thrall, if I were writing the story I'd probably set him on an intercept course with Jaina's story, and help get her character back on the right track - not that I oppose where she is now, but I think it's time to help her resolve some of her issues or risk her becoming a broken character permanently - and I think Thrall is in a good position to help facilitate this.
    Last edited by Monteverdi; 2013-09-12 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    His name is Thrall get it right!
    Nope its Go'el. Aggra took pleasure reminding us about this through entire cataclysm.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLL

OT: Hopefully he have no future. How about he will build house in nagrand and never leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight between Thrall and Garrosh isn't over yet. I got my money on Garrosh's escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    As for Thrall, if I were writing the story I'd probably set him on an intercept course with Jaina's story, and help get her character back on the right track - not that I oppose where she is now, but I think it's time to help her resolve some of her issues or risk her becoming a broken character permanently - and I think Thrall is in a good position to help facilitate this.
    Thats an interesting. But what if she killed Thrall, wouldn't that be a interesting stab at the Horde. I feel like she's pissed off and going to take some revenge on someone or something. Or maybe he sacrifices himself for her and brings her back into the light.

I just feel like theres an overload of characters right now and can see him being pushed a side to bring in some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope its Go'el. Aggra took pleasure reminding us about this through entire cataclysm.
    Cataclysm? What Cataclysm?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLL

OT: Hopefully he have no future. How about he will build house in nagrand and never leave it.
    Aggra is a useless and uninteresting character, and she can shut the hell up until his name plate stops reading "Thrall", so forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Thats an interesting. But what if she killed Thrall, wouldn't that be a interesting stab at the Horde. I feel like she's pissed off and going to take some revenge on someone or something. Or maybe he sacrifices himself for her and brings her back into the light.

I just feel like theres an overload of characters right now and can see him being pushed a side to bring in some others.
    If she were to kill Thrall, I think that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back - there's no returning from that for her. Now, coming close to killing him, only to finally realize just how changed she has become and finally coming to grips with all that she's been through I could totally get behind.

At Thrall taking a back seat for other characters, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't want to see hom written out entirely (read: Sylvanas, Velen) but I do want to see him have much less screen time for a bit.

I think Thrall is best served living with his family and mending the earth.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I can't really see any good reasons to why blizzard chose to dismantle him in the first place. It sure din't make him more of a interesting character then what he could have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    At Thrall taking a back seat for other characters, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't want to see hom written out entirely (read: Sylvanas, Velen) but I do want to see him have much less screen time for a bit.
    But they can't completely ignore him to much like the other classes, I think, because he is a really important character. I suppose anything could happen with Blizz.

What i hope is him to be a central part of the wow story again maybe in combo with Malfurion and Anduin, what is gonna happen imho is he hanging next to vol'jin in the throne room, neutral to alliance and horde much like malfurion is in darnassus.
    The next hero that will rise and fall into being useless is Anduin i totally see him being pumped up ---> trash call him mery sue ----> blizzard bend and put him neutral next to varian, different heroes same outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I actually like the idea of Jaina killing Thrall, whether intentionally or not. Let's not forget that Jaina was present at the death of her father at Rexxar's hand, as was Thrall. What a twist of irony that would be if Thrall (or hell, even Rexxar) were slain by Jaina. I agree it's one of those "there's no turning back from that" character developments, but this duality of her being soft for Kalec and bat-shit crazy* the rest of the time doesn't work for me, personally.

Ending Thrall's life would tilt the literal power advantage towards the Alliance, which would be something very different. I play Horde, but I feel being vulnerable and on the offensive would add a sense of urgency to a conflict that just felt stale up until now.

*Yes, I know Jaina isn't actually crazy; it's just an easy way to express her new personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I agree it's one of those "there's no turning back from that" character developments, but this duality of her being soft for Kalec and bat-shit crazy the rest of the time doesn't work for me, personally.
    Totally, it was a surprise to me how she acted in the cinematic compared to how she was perceived and written in the Aspect readings. Blame it on the war I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Totally, it was a surprise to me how she acted in the cinematic compared to how she was perceived and written in the Aspect readings. Blame it on the war I guess.
    I really like what they're trying to do with her, but really, she needs to ditch the love interest. Not that it's bad writing, but Jaina really needs to be built up on her own substance to become a truly interesting, independent character. Right now, she's just a foil there to support other characters, all of whom are male.

Jaina has the potential to be a well-written character who stands on her own feet, which would be a first for a female in this franchise.

For a while there Metzen really thought he was going to be able to push Thrall on Alliance players as some kind of beloved neutral hero. What an asshole. Glad to see the effort ended in failure.

The SoO ending cinematic at least put Thrall back in his place a bit. He came off as, you know, an orc, and not as Green Jesus Metzen trying to convince everyone in the world that he's the greatest thing ever.

I'm guessing Thrall will be the orc racial leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm guessing Thrall will be the orc racial leader.
    Yeah I have a feeling that he might too but I would really like to see some other Orc in the spotlight even though that totally contradicts what I said previously ><