Thread: Breaking T15

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Breaking T15

Should i break my T15 4 set in favour of T16 2 set? Or should i wait until T16 4 set?

Quote Originally Posted by Hauhet View Post
    Should i break my T15 4 set in favour of T16 2 set? Or should i wait until T16 4 set?
    Hmm, At least as Fire and Arcane the t15 4-set is REALLY strong, so I'd advice not to break them(before 4-set t16) unless the itemlevel gain is really high. Don't know abt frost.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-09-30 at 12:51 PM.

For Frost? Break your 4P immediately.

Both 4P T15 and 4P T16 are extremely weak for Frost. 2P T15 is okay, but nothing amazing. 2P T16 is really good.

For Fire/Arcane, you should wait for your 4P T16, methinks. 6.5% Pyroblast crit is just too good to give up, as is 20% Arcane Charge effects.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

4-set for frost was about 1.8% DPS or less depending on what you were doing, but it's probably less now because ice lance does less damage. I got the gloves on my second mage, but I haven't haven't calculated yet if it's worth dropping the 4-set (I'm missing the chest on both mages). It's probably close enough that I will not noticed any difference at all, so might as well get it done this weekend.

I was thinking of replacing upgraded normal, 530, tier pieces with the timeless upgraded pieces and losing the 4 pc T15 in favor of the stat bump. I am not really noticing the 4 piece post patch. What do you guys think?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/Raves/simple

I've got a couple of heroic pieces sitting in the wings, so I could replace gloves and helm with 543 non-tier pretty easy, leave me with pants (543) and shoulders (530) as my tier for 2 pc.

For Arcane you shouldnt break your 4t15 until you will get 4 pieces of t16 (check Arcane thread) - and this is good - gives us an opportunity to focus on non-set items, especially weapons and trinkets.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Hauhet View Post
    Thanks for all the replies
    U never break t15 as arcane at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    U never break t15 as arcane at the moment
    I'm so arcane mindset right now that as soon as I saw the thread title all that popped into my head was "don't"

Personally I'm be keeping mine all the way till Vanq tokens start going to off spec and even then only use T16 on a few fights.

For Fire I know you only go 4set to 4set. Without T15 or T16 4 set you have no extra crit on Pyro which is the majority of your damage now that combustion has been nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a number of raid leaders who understand this concept now, and are holding off on giving mages their teir peices when they know they wont be equipped until they get 4. leaders feel like it is a waste of upgrade during progression.

To a point.. I don't disagree.

Fury and bow is right is only ok to go from 4 piece to 4 piece and since many other members of my raid get very nice 2p bonuses. I have passed on all tier in favor of other pieces like the trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even worse, Henz.. LFR teir is, item budget wise, inferior to T15... for the most part. I expect you will see mages the first ones rocking LFR 16, with hot trinkets, no weapons.. until at least week 5... minus a lucky drop.

Honestly I plan on keeping my 4p till I get 4p t16 heroic as the loss of the 6.5% crit rate to pyroblast is kept huge given pyroblast was on average 40% of my dps this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    Honestly I plan on keeping my 4p till I get 4p t16 heroic as the loss of the 6.5% crit rate to pyroblast is kept huge given pyroblast was on average 40% of my dps this week.
    Not only that, but it has incredibly strong synergy with Hot Streak..

I doubt I'm dropping my 4 piece ToT until next xpac, unless it makes a huge difference to ranking after the tier is on farm due to some unforseen circumstance

Deleted
    This topic just comes in the right moment. I'm fire mage, and just looted Ordos warforged legs. I have 530 tier legs equipped.. I didn't break the 4P tier yet, but i made some trials, and i do not notice great differences between the 2 gearing setups: 530 4P and 567 with broken 4P.

What do you think about it?

I have not any posts here yet so i cannot link u my armory. Just search for Albuz in EU-Well of Eternity (EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albuz92 View Post
    This topic just comes in the right moment. I'm fire mage, and just looted Ordos warforged legs. I have 530 tier legs equipped.. I didn't break the 4P tier yet, but i made some trials, and i do not notice great differences between the 2 gearing setups: 530 4P and 567 with broken 4P.

What do you think about it?

I have not any posts here yet so i cannot link u my armory. Just search for Albuz in EU-Well of Eternity (EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità)
    Nope... can't equip them unfortunately. Pyro which is a huge portion of our damage with a strong crit increase (By 4pc) can not be out done by just one warforged piece. Just one or two tests wont tell you anything as they are a very small sample size.

They've averaged 4p T16 to be about 8-9% crit on Pyro (Method mages) so its worth tossing your 4p H T 15 for 4p N T16. As it is more pyro effective