Thread: Breaking T15

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Lots of ideas floating about. I'm just going to pass my predicament along. Currently I have 4pc t15 HC (2/2 upgraded) and 4pc t16, 1 heroic (chest), rest normal (all 2/2 upgraded). To me, it seems that the raw stats and some good RNG will make my t16 quite better than t15. Once I get my hands on Immerseus trinket I'm going Fire for sure.

    Also, even without Immerseus trinket, is it worth going fire as it is? T16 has a LOT of crit on it and the 4pc is amazing (most of my items are also fire optimised since ToT heroic).

    Thoughts?
    You have 4pc T16, you can make the switch to fire easily.

  2. #42
    Keeping the T15 4p as fire doesnt make sense now after a few IDs of loot.. i also read in Firemage Guides (for example method) to keep T15 4p at all costs until you can get T16 4p, but that is just not true!
    T15 4p is nothing more but 5% Crit on Pyro. I got T16 2p (nHC Version) + 1 nHC + 1 HC nonset-Item on my mage. Of course i lost 5% Crit on Pyro but i got 4% Crit for everything through increased Critrating, a little bit of other 2nd Stats, the T16 2p Bonus (which is bad but doesnt matter) AND a ton of Int and Stamina!

    So imo its always worth to break the T15 4p as soon as you have 3-4 good Items from SoO.

    For Arcane though it looks like you have to keep the T15 Bonus at least until you can get T16 4p.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Keeping the T15 4p as fire doesnt make sense now after a few IDs of loot.. i also read in Firemage Guides (for example method) to keep T15 4p at all costs until you can get T16 4p, but that is just not true!
    T15 4p is nothing more but 5% Crit on Pyro. I got T16 2p (nHC Version) + 1 nHC + 1 HC nonset-Item on my mage. Of course i lost 5% Crit on Pyro but i got 4% Crit for everything through increased Critrating, a little bit of other 2nd Stats, the T16 2p Bonus (which is bad but doesnt matter) AND a ton of Int and Stamina!

    So imo its always worth to break the T15 4p as soon as you have 3-4 good Items from SoO.

    For Arcane though it looks like you have to keep the T15 Bonus at least until you can get T16 4p.
    I detect high levels of bullshit in this post.

    You did NOT gain 4% crit from dropping your T15 4pc for a 2pc T16 setup.

    Also, T15 4pc isn't just a flat 5% crit on pyros, it is also modified by critical mass so it ends up being more.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I detect high levels of bullshit in this post.

    You did NOT gain 4% crit from dropping your T15 4pc for a 2pc T16 setup.

    Also, T15 4pc isn't just a flat 5% crit on pyros, it is also modified by critical mass so it ends up being more.
    Wowowowo man try to read/think before raging.

    I know the 4p is modified by CM, so is the critrating you get from gear.... it doesnt matter if i write down the values before or after CM. When i write you get 5% pyrocrit and 4% crit from gear i could also write 6,5% pyrocrit and 5,2% crit from gear. It just doesnt matter so whats your point other than acting like a idiot because i forgot to add " *all values before CM"?

    How do you know i didn't get 4% crit when i went up 5 ilvl by dropping the shitty T15 HC Pieces?
    Do you even know that T15 doesnt have crit on every piece? Even if i just replaced head and chest with T16 nHC i would gain ~3,6% Crit (BEFORE CM CALCULATION) from these 2 items alone. Add the HC Gloves from Norushen which have something like 400 Critrating more than the HC Chromatic Hydra Gloves and you're way over 4% crit without a forth Item at all.

    Do you want a prove that Int and Stamina go up when you switch an item from ilvl 543 to 574/561 too?

    Ilvl differences are just so huge nowadays... going from T15 HC to T16 HC Items is like going from T11 HC to T13 HC Gear in Cata and pretty much nobody would have kept his T11 HC Set from BoT/BWD for the whole Xpac until Madwing HC, just because of a good Setbonus.
    Last edited by Liebchen; 2013-10-02 at 01:51 PM.

  5. #45
    Time to calm down and respect other people when posting even if they might be wrong or rude towards you. You gain nothing good from flaming


    This thread is already on the edge of getting closed for me, so keep it constructive, do not duplicate something already posted in the thread and I will let it go on for a bit.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Wowowowo man try to read/think before raging.

    I know the 4p is modified by CM, so is the critrating you get from gear.... it doesnt matter if i write down the values before or after CM. When i write you get 5% pyrocrit and 4% crit from gear i could also write 6,5% pyrocrit and 5,2% crit from gear. It just doesnt matter so whats your point other than acting like a idiot because i forgot to add " *all values before CM"?

    How do you know i didn't get 4% crit when i went up 5 ilvl by dropping the shitty T15 HC Pieces?
    Do you even know that T15 doesnt have crit on every piece? Even if i just replaced head and chest with T16 nHC i would gain ~3,6% Crit (BEFORE CM CALCULATION) from these 2 items alone. Add the HC Gloves from Norushen which have something like 400 Critrating more than the HC Chromatic Hydra Gloves and you're way over 4% crit without a forth Item at all.

    Do you want a prove that Int and Stamina go up when you switch an item from ilvl 543 to 574/561 too?

    Ilvl differences are just so huge nowadays... going from T15 HC to T16 HC Items is like going from T11 HC to T13 HC Gear in Cata and pretty much nobody would have kept his T11 HC Set from BoT/BWD for the whole Xpac until Madwing HC, just because of a good Setbonus.
    The do not swap to t16 before you have the 4 set statments made by Viykina are assuming you are in full or amlost full BiS from T15, meaning you have HTF Horridon helm so you would gain like 200 crit if you go to normal t16 helm so cool your jets. If i remember correctly full BiS T16 vs. full BiS T15 is a net crit loss due to the 1900 crit rating lost in trinkets and lack of yellow gems.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I know the 4p is modified by CM, so is the critrating you get from gear.... it doesnt matter if i write down the values before or after CM. When i write you get 5% pyrocrit and 4% crit from gear i could also write 6,5% pyrocrit and 5,2% crit from gear. It just doesnt matter so whats your point other than acting like a idiot because i forgot to add " *all values before CM"?
    notice how the difference between 5% and 4% and the difference between 6.5% and 5.2% are different? That's why it matters.

    I don't really want to get involved in this argument, but i do think there could be situations where breaking t15 before t16 4 piece would be the right move, but it requires a pretty specific combo of which items you're dropping for which other items and their ilvls. Sounds like Liebchen's swap might be one of those situations but without knowing exactly which pieces he swapped, hard to know for sure.

    That being said, you shouldn't make blanket statements like "its always worth to break the T15 4p as soon as you have 3-4 good Items from SoO". Always is a dangerous word :P

  8. #48
    ^^ I may be in a similar situation, I can't get the rest of my t15h 4pc, so currently 3/4 of it is regular 2of2 530 normal tier. I have 2pc t16n chest/gloves and legs "561", helm "553" and warforged 559 shoulders.

    I cant post links to the gear because I do not have enough posts, however i gain like 2k spell power, 3 percent haste and almost 5 percent mastery by using that gear. Still im not sure if its worth it to break the t15 4pc even if it is non heroic.

    I'm so confused.

    I cant post my armory, but if you look up xprs you will see the gear I'm working with, and currently I'm playing arcane.

  9. #49
    The time has come for this thread to officially close. The ain't much to be talked about breaking T15 anymore. So from now on even if you got problems regarding tier sets, use this thread please.


    Quote Originally Posted by xprs View Post
    I cant post my armory
    You should be able to do it now, so go to the link I provided and post your problem there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •