Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question most powerful class lore characters?

    for an example the best shaman currently alive would be thrall (in my opinion) Who is the best shaman,warrior,druid etc....
    here is my list (I am an alliance fanboy, but tried to make this as unbiased as possibal)
    shaman: thrall
    druid: malfurian stormrage
    mage: jannia proudmoore (would say rohinan but he died)
    paladian: tirion fordring
    death knight: darion morgrane
    warrior: varian wrynn (many disagree, however this is my opinion)
    priest: velen (you can see how much of an alliance fanboy I am XD)
    warlock:Kil'Jeaden
    hunter:.... I can't think of one
    rouge:..... I cant think of one
    monk: Chen Stormstout
    I appologize for spelling errors! I am eager to hear your thoughts! please leave why you agree or disagree with my list!
    Last edited by phenox; 2013-09-15 at 02:28 AM. Reason: gave my list

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    for an example the best shaman currently alive would be thrall (in my opinion) Who is the best shaman,warrior,druid etc....
    here is my list (I am an alliance fanboy, but tried to make this as unbiased as possibal)
    shaman: thrall
    druid: malfurian stormrage
    mage: jannia proudmoore (would say rohinan but he died)
    paladian: tirion fordring
    death knight: darion morgrane
    warrior: varian wrynn (many disagree, however this is my opinion)
    priest: velen (you can see how much of an alliance fanboy I am XD)
    warlock:...I can't think of one
    hunter:.... I can't think of one
    rouge:..... I cant think of one
    monk: Chen Stormstout
    I appologize for spelling errors! I am eager to hear your thoughts! please leave why you agree or disagree with my list!
    Most of the iconic characters will probably be considered the strongest.

    Gul'dan being the iconic warlock
    Sylvanis(living) would be the iconic hunter,
    Atsuma would be the iconic rogue.

  3. #3
    The Patient Zehir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    hunter:.... I can't think of one
    rouge:..... I cant think of one
    For Rogue you could add Garona http://www.wowwiki.com/Garona_Halforcen and for Hunter either Rexxar http://www.wowwiki.com/Rexxar or Sylvanas Windrunner

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=Babzu;22397898]Gul'dan being the iconic warlockQUOTE]

    See the problem with that is Gul'dan has been dead since the Second War.

    (Edit) I see you listed Jaina Proudmoore as the most powerful mage. I'm going to have to disagree with your opinion on that and suggest Azshara http://www.wowwiki.com/Queen_Azshara. Azshara's power during the War of the Ancients was near even Sargearas.
    Last edited by Zehir; 2013-09-15 at 02:23 AM. Reason: I fail at quoting some times :/

  4. #4
    define most powerful first and then start to pick.

    IMO it would fall to some caster that's probably played some role in leveling/incinerating/obliviating some portion of reality. Melee types just don't stand a chance in such a playing field (even though certain melee types have proven to be formidable... you can't fight when someone distorts reality too much)

    edit: for warlocks, the leaders of the burning legion come to mind. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden at least.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,686
    Windrunner isn't a hunter...
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  6. #6
    Saurfang for warrior? =D

    We cannot prevent what we cannot predict ~

  7. #7
    Warrior: High Overlord Varok Saurfang.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #8
    Mechagnome BEYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    554
    I think Turalyon would be considered more powerful than Fordring. He had a direct and clear connection to the light that allowed him to single-handedly scatter the Horde and beat the living shit out of Orgrim Doomhammer.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Windrunner isn't a hunter...
    If one were to restrict themselves to only the wow player class system, then hunter is the closest thing she'd relate to. Honestly most of the iconic characters don't solidly fit into the wow classes perfectly and spin off into other territory somehow. As Sylvanas and all her sisters were "rangers" I find it fitting to lump them in with the "hunter" class.

  10. #10
    The Patient Zehir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Windrunner isn't a hunter...
    It's the class that she is most similar to though.

    Are you also suggesting that Malfurion is not a Druid but an Archdruid?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Warrior: High Overlord Varok Saurfang.
    did you read wolfheart?

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    It's the class that she is most similar to though.

    Are you also suggesting that Malfurion is not a Druid but an Archdruid?
    An Archdruid is essentially a more powerful Druid. A Dark Ranger is literally nothing like a hunter except the fact they both use ranged weapons. Saying a Dark Ranger is a Hunter because they both use bows is like saying a Mage is a Warlock because they both cast spells.

    Hunters use nature based abilities and tame beasts. Dark Rangers are all undead and use necromancy and life-stealing abilities. They are nothing alike.

  13. #13
    Warrior - Broxigar

    Warlock - Gul'dan

    Rogue - Garona

    Druid - Malfurion

    Death Knight - Lich King

    Mage - Aegwynn

    Paladin - Tirion

    Hunter - Rexxar

    Shaman - Thrall

    Priest - Velen

    Monk - Taran Zhu

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Warrior: High Overlord Varok Saurfang.
    noo Varian is still more powerful seeing as what went down in the novel wolf heart...lol he is kinda a demigods champion...which enhanced him ALOT...Go go goldrinn!

  15. #15
    The Patient Zehir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Saying a Dark Ranger is a Hunter because they both use bows is like saying a Mage is a Warlock because they both cast spells.

    Hunters use nature based abilities and tame beasts. Dark Rangers are all undead and use necromancy and life-stealing abilities. They are nothing alike.
    Not that many classes primarily use ranged weapons do they?

  16. #16
    High Overlord Mshadowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    139
    Shaman: Med'an
    Druid: Med'an
    Mage: Med'an
    Paladin: Med'an
    Death Knight: Med'an
    Warrior: Med'an
    Priest: Med'an
    Warlock: Med'an
    Hunter: Med'an
    Rogue: Med'an
    Monk: Med'an

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    for an example the best shaman currently alive would be thrall (in my opinion) Who is the best shaman,warrior,druid etc....
    here is my list (I am an alliance fanboy, but tried to make this as unbiased as possibal)
    shaman: thrall
    druid: malfurian stormrage
    mage: jannia proudmoore (would say rohinan but he died)
    paladian: tirion fordring
    death knight: darion morgrane
    warrior: varian wrynn (many disagree, however this is my opinion)
    priest: velen (you can see how much of an alliance fanboy I am XD)
    warlock:Kil'Jeaden
    hunter:.... I can't think of one
    rouge:..... I cant think of one
    monk: Chen Stormstout
    I appologize for spelling errors! I am eager to hear your thoughts! please leave why you agree or disagree with my list!
    yes I can see how much of an alliance fanboy you are...
    Hunter is obviously rexxar.
    rogue would probably be garona
    Mage wouldn't be jaina it would be azshara
    deathknight would be ... arthas? he was a deathknight before he became the LK
    warrior is debatable...

  18. #18
    The Patient Zehir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311
    I think the OP wanted people that are currently alive.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    Not that many classes primarily use ranged weapons do they?
    What does that have to do with anything? It doesn't change the fact that a Dark Ranger is completely different than a Hunter. If anything, Sylvanas is closer to something like a Death Knight than a Hunter. However, considering she isn't a Death Knight, it is better to say that she isn't any class. You wouldn't say Arthas was a warrior (before Death Knights were released) or that Illidan was a rogue, so why say that Sylvanas is a hunter?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    An Archdruid is essentially a more powerful Druid. A Dark Ranger is literally nothing like a hunter except the fact they both use ranged weapons. Saying a Dark Ranger is a Hunter because they both use bows is like saying a Mage is a Warlock because they both cast spells.

    Hunters use nature based abilities and tame beasts. Dark Rangers are all undead and use necromancy and life-stealing abilities. They are nothing alike.
    +1 took the words out of my mouth

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    I think the OP wanted people that are currently alive.
    you can do a list of both if you like

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •