Page 1 of 3
LastLast

no cloak, no dps

So Im currently like 8~~ weeks away from the "legendary" cloak, depending ofc on luck with secrets and w/e else there is.
    Anyway since it does roughly 5% of peoples single target dps (and around 20% AoE) how am I supposed to ever do comparable dps to the cloak wielders?
    Isn't it gimping enough that I already have worse gear, adding a so called legendary cloak with insane powers to that just makes
    me even more discouraged to gear up and look for a raiding guild.

So what do you think about the so called legendary cloak? Personally I feel more legendary without it, since basically everyone has it by now and most of them got it 20 minutes into the patch.

Not sure what your complaint is. "I have worse gear, so I shouldn't do less dps"?
    And thank the f-ing LORD the legendaries will FINALLY after SO MANY YEARS be usable on progress.
    It's so shitty killing last boss hc and getting a useless item. What are you gonna do with Shadowmourne after you killed your lk hc? Do dailies? Replace it 2 levels into next expac? So legendary!

Best decision ever by Blizzard to give them early.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Honestly, you should've kept up with it from the beginning. They said before this expansion was even in beta that they were going to reward the players who stuck around for the entire expansion.

It wouldn't be fair to that crowd if someone walks in, and 4 weeks later, is doing close or comparable numbers to them. While you're asking in a respectful way, it's this attitude that really aggravates the community. "I'm special, so I should have equal power to people who have been putting in 50 weeks of effort in 2 weeks or less".

The cloak is great. It's not a weapon, but it's something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Against my better judgement, I'll go ahead and post in your troll thread.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were serious with your original post and weren't trolling, I would tell you that you shouldn't feel entitled to do more dps if you aren't willing to put the work into getting better gear. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Honestly, you should've kept up with it from the beginning. They said before this expansion was even in beta that they were going to reward the players who stuck around for the entire expansion.

It wouldn't be fair to that crowd if someone walks in, and 4 weeks later, is doing close or comparable numbers to them. While you're asking in a respectful way, it's this attitude that really aggravates the community. "I'm special, so I should have equal power to people who have been putting in 50 weeks of effort in 2 weeks or less".

The cloak is great. It's not a weapon, but it's something different.
    I get your point of view, but that's basically saying people who didnt stick around for the entire exp won't ever be able to catch up which has always been possible before. Not having the cloak for me is like coming completely ungemmed & unenchanted and expect people to raid with you. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having a legendary cloak, but don't make it available for any casual LFR raider, atleast make some challenging questline or something that makes this "legendary" a bit more rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    Against my better judgement, I'll go ahead and post in your troll thread.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were serious with your original post and weren't trolling, I would tell you that you shouldn't feel entitled to do more dps if you aren't willing to put the work into getting better gear. Simple as that.
    So, if I just came back from a long break I will be crippled for the rest of the expansion. Fair argument good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavax View Post
    I get your point of view, but that's basically saying people who didnt stick around for the entire exp won't ever be able to catch up which has always been possible before. Not having the cloak for me is like coming completely ungemmed & unenchanted and expect people to raid with you. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having a legendary cloak, but don't make it available for any casual LFR raider, atleast make some challenging questline or something that makes this "legendary" a bit more rare.
    Respectfully disagree. There wasn't a mechanism for catching up in Burning Crusade. If you were behind, you were behind forever unless you got recruited to a guild as a project. It was only really possible with the later expansions with Cata and MoP.

That said, my guild would probably take someone in who didn't have the cloak, but they'd have to be reasonably along with the process. 8 weeks out is a pretty long way. Re-rolls happen, though, and guilds shouldn't lock someone out based on a lack of cloak. Skill and Awareness > Any color of equipment someone is wearing.

but don't make it available for any casual LFR raider
    Stopped reading and switched to facedesking right about here.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-09-13 at 12:37 AM.
    My Soundcloud!

So Im currently like 8~~ weeks away from the "legendary" cloak, depending ofc on luck with secrets and w/e else there is.
    Anyway since it does roughly 5% of peoples single target dps (and around 20% AoE) how am I supposed to ever do comparable dps to the cloak wielders?
    Isn't it gimping enough that I already have worse gear, adding a so called legendary cloak with insane powers to that just makes
    me even more discouraged to gear up and look for a raiding guild.

So what do you think about the so called legendary cloak? Personally I feel more legendary without it, since basically everyone has it by now and most of them got it 20 minutes into the patch.
    ...what? Your post screams jelly-belly to me...I feel quite legendary with my roaring cloak, despite getting it "20 minutes into the patch". It didn't take 20 minutes to get up to that point, you know that right...?

You snooze you loose, seeing TONS of people whinge about not getting Ordos kills because "I can't no-life the game to get a stupid legendary!!!" and it's just delicious.

So, if I just came back from a long break I will be crippled for the rest of the expansion. Fair argument good sir
    Well, on the other hand, why should you be able to get the cloak as soon as you come back when we've been grinding out the quests week after week? Don't get me wrong, I want you to have your cloak. That being said though, if you're just coming back from a long break the odds of you being denied from a guild you're likely to apply to simply because you don't have the cloak are probably really slim. It sucks, but you took a break knowing you'd come back behind, you just have to suck it up at this point.

"I didn't brush my teeth for six months, but I should have healthy teeth just like everyone else anyway. This isn't fair!"
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...what? Your post screams jelly-belly to me...I feel quite legendary with my roaring cloak, despite getting it "20 minutes into the patch". It didn't take 20 minutes to get up to that point, you know that right...?

You snooze you loose, seeing TONS of people whinge about not getting Ordos kills because "I can't no-life the game to get a stupid legendary!!!" and it's just delicious.
    Then atleast someone feels legendary with it, bet most others don't though even if they're happy about the item.

Then atleast someone feels legendary with it, bet most others don't though even if they're happy about the item.
    Every other legendary was obtained from farming content, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    "I didn't brush my teeth for six months, but I should have healthy teeth just like everyone else anyway. This isn't fair!"
    great analogy..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Every other legendary was obtained from farming content, what's the difference?
    difference is they were actually legendary, for instance when the fireland staff came out, did you see every spellcaster on your server running around with it within a few minutes of the first week it was actually obtainable?

great analogy..

- - - Updated - - -

difference is they were actually legendary, for instance when the fireland staff came out, did you see every spellcaster on your server running around with it within a few minutes of the first week it was actually obtainable?
    Except they were still obtained the same way.

OH NOEZ IT CANZ BE GOTTED FROM LFR

Big fucking deal.

It sucks for alts. The process should be speeded up for people who do have a cloak on a toon. I am so tired of my hunter and want to play my druid but I can't because my druid is stuck on sigils and isn't progress worthy.

great analogy..
    >Argues he should have equal gear to people who put in more effort
    >Recieves counterargument
    >Changes subject
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    To be honest, it is very easy to keep up right now.

You reach level 90, two weeks lfr MSV and Terrace and heart -> you reached next step. 3k Valor take 3 weeks, unless they nerfed it.So we are ready @ week 4. In week 4, you can go TOT and SOO LFR, you have 20 bosses for those sigils. This will easily be enough finish the quest in the next week(week 5) or even week 4. I believe you could be already farming some titan runestone in week 5. I got 5 runestones this week from 6 tot and 4 soo flex raid bosses, so you should be able to get to this quest finished by week 6 or 7.

Those catchup mechanics exist and it takes only 6-7 weeks to get legendary cloak on a fresh lvl 90. This is barely a problem if you like playing your char. Of coruse you need to gearup your chars to enter SOO, but this is easily achieved by doing Timeless isle + hc scenarios and lfr. LFR TOT dropped 4 items on 6 bosses. Additionally, kill Nalak,, OOndesta and of course the celestials on the isle.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-09-13 at 12:50 AM.

They increased the secrets drop rate in tot. They'll also drop from the first 8 bosses in siege of orgrimmar. That means a total of 20 possible drops per week for secrets. The same can be said for runestones. I'd be surprised if it took more than a month. That's hardly too much when people took a month to two months (depending on luck) for the meta step only, and two to three months (again, depending on luck) for the back.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    It sucks for alts. The process should be speeded up for people who do have a cloak on a toon. I am so tired of my hunter and want to play my druid but I can't because my druid is stuck on sigils and isn't progress worthy.
    Yea the legendary made re rolling a bad idea. Even if you have a competent player to reroll and fill a spot its not a good option with the current legendary system. It would have been OK if only one person in the guild got it at a time but with the new model the quest became as manditory for progression as enchants/gems/food/flask etc.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    So because you don't like playing your twink, he should get cloak for free?