Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Krunsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavax View Post
    I get your point of view, but that's basically saying people who didnt stick around for the entire exp won't ever be able to catch up which has always been possible before.
    Only since TOC patch in wrath. This is an item, with orange pixels, which they've already severely nerfed all the stages to acquire. You are not entitled to anything. If it makes you feel better i havent even done the rep part of it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Yea the legendary made re rolling a bad idea. Even if you have a competent player to reroll and fill a spot its not a good option with the current legendary system. It would have been OK if only one person in the guild got it at a time but with the new model the quest became as manditory for progression as enchants/gems/food/flask etc.
    If you aren't ready to invest 6-7 weeks on your alt char, why should anyone want you to reroll?

    Skill matters and is nearly only learned by doing some raids with the char.

  3. #23
    The release of TI has made me realise how many people haven't finished the legendary chain yet. I was pretty surprised.

    The good news is the earlier stages are sped up a lot now and you can probably get the cloak in like 6 weeks or so (this number pulled out of my ass). Less if you're partway through... which I kind of assumed everyone was... at least up to the ToT grinds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavax View Post
    difference is they were actually legendary, for instance when the fireland staff came out, did you see every spellcaster on your server running around with it within a few minutes of the first week it was actually obtainable?
    Yes.

    Man was that a bad example.

    (Sarcasm aside, it wasn't on the first week because of the way the staff was gated. People queued up for it, so by the time the third or fourth caster in your raid team had theirs complete, yeah every man and his dog had it.)
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-09-13 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    Against my better judgement, I'll go ahead and post in your troll thread.

    Hypothetically speaking, if you were serious with your original post and weren't trolling, I would tell you that you shouldn't feel entitled to do more dps if you aren't willing to put the work into getting better gear. Simple as that.
    I am pretty sure that he was just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the legendary cloak is such a huge bump in DPS, when it took no work at all to get, you simply needed to be subbed for an entire expansion.

    They are essentially saying "Keep giving us money even if you don't want to play, or else."

  5. #25
    I regret completely not doing the legendary quest line, right now I'm still on sigils with no end in sight. But am I going to complain about it? No. Am I going to wish it was a bit more alt friendly and quicker with gettiing the items as the patch goes on? Yes. I know they made some changes to make it a bit easier, but that's not enough right now considering it will take me atleast 5+ weeks at least just on my tank to get the cloak let alone my other 2 dps. 2-3Weeks would be fine IMO.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Except they were still obtained the same way.

    OH NOEZ IT CANZ BE GOTTED FROM LFR

    Big fucking deal.
    I actually think this is a big deal, for two reasons. First its way to easy to obtain, I have no doubt over half the player base on my server has it, therefore its not rare. The second reason is its a very large boost in dps for something that's so easy to get (only truly gated by time).

    For someone in my situation, I left wow for my wedding and then my father-in-law passed away (the timing wasn't a coincidence we planed it that way so he could see his only daughters wedding) and then getting settled into my new job I have had zero time to play for several months. When I finally did come back it took very little time to get a 500+ ilvl but I still have no place in my guilds raid team until I finish getting my cloak! That means the next 6 weeks while everyone is getting their fill of SoO I am stuck only seeing lfr. I should never be sidelined for a player with a legendary item, because as then name should imply they should be rare! at best one or two per guild, not something entire raid teams have!

  7. #27
    His complaint is that the quest has like 4 parts that no longer give you anything useful, still take at least 2-3 weeks and that you don't function as a player in current content without the end piece, which is fair.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,613
    Quote Originally Posted by djrajir View Post
    I actually think this is a big deal, for two reasons. First its way to easy to obtain, I have no doubt over half the player base on my server has it, therefore its not rare. The second reason is its a very large boost in dps for something that's so easy to get (only truly gated by time).

    For someone in my situation, I left wow for my wedding and then my father-in-law passed away (the timing wasn't a coincidence we planed it that way so he could see his only daughters wedding) and then getting settled into my new job I have had zero time to play for several months. When I finally did come back it took very little time to get a 500+ ilvl but I still have no place in my guilds raid team until I finish getting my cloak! That means the next 6 weeks while everyone is getting their fill of SoO I am stuck only seeing lfr. I should never be sidelined for a player with a legendary item, because as then name should imply they should be rare! at best one or two per guild, not something entire raid teams have!
    The amount of people who have the cloak is greatly exaggerated. Yes a lot of people will get it, more so will not.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    His complaint is that the quest has like 4 parts that no longer give you anything useful, still take at least 2-3 weeks and that you don't function as a player in current content without the end piece, which is fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    The amount of people who have the cloak is greatly exaggerated. Yes a lot of people will get it, more so will not.
    Both of these are incredibly true, right now it's too much work over too long of a time that it's just not worth it to some people, and that there is a lot less people have it than not probably at most 20% have the cloak.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    I regret completely not doing the legendary quest line, right now I'm still on sigils with no end in sight. But am I going to complain about it? No. Am I going to wish it was a bit more alt friendly and quicker with gettiing the items as the patch goes on? Yes. I know they made some changes to make it a bit easier, but that's not enough right now considering it will take me atleast 5+ weeks at least just on my tank to get the cloak let alone my other 2 dps. 2-3Weeks would be fine IMO.
    A bit easier?

    In its initial state, you would have needed 10 months to get your cloak. They nerfed it down to 5-6 weeks farming.

    Of course you needed to show some dedication to your char.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Yea the legendary made re rolling a bad idea. Even if you have a competent player to reroll and fill a spot its not a good option with the current legendary system. It would have been OK if only one person in the guild got it at a time but with the new model the quest became as manditory for progression as enchants/gems/food/flask etc.
    I agree. Other than that it's fine (though I really dislike the system myself) - if you didn't put equal effort in it for whatever reason, don't expect equal results.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    A bit easier?

    In its initial state, you would have needed 10 months to get your cloak. They nerfed it down to 5-6 weeks farming.

    Of course you needed to show some dedication to your char.
    I've ran all of LFR on my alts for nearly 6 weeks straight, and not one of them has all the sigils. I'm just saying some parts are going to be bottle necks like the sigils and secrets. Things garunteed like the valor points is fine because you know exactly how long it will take you.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    568
    yea legendary items tend to up your dps bro, so im not sure what you should expect

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    If you aren't ready to invest 6-7 weeks on your alt char, why should anyone want you to reroll?

    Skill matters and is nearly only learned by doing some raids with the char.
    Shrug. In ToT I spend a few weeks towards the end gearing an alt and got her up to the Secrets of the Empire part really easily. Now when I feel like it I can go back and pick those all up at the increased rate, ditto the Titan Runestones. And voila, legendary.

    It's only really a big time investment if you are starting a new alt in SoO from scratch. Even then you're only a few weeks shy of where my alt is right now. It's not actually going to roadblock you anyway, you can gear up for SoO just fine without it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I am pretty sure that he was just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the legendary cloak is such a huge bump in DPS, when it took no work at all to get, you simply needed to be subbed for an entire expansion.
    Is that some kind of joke? I got the first legendary daggers on my realm (not a low pop one either) back in DS, and if you've gotten the legendary cloak in MoP you've done at least twice as much work as I did. Pickpocket Hagara - wait - turn up to farm every night - collect clusters, that's all it was (well plus the rogue quests which were hella fun, wish I could replay them). Dropped in NM too, could've pugged the fucking things...

    And that wasn't even as bad as the FL staff, which was just "take a number, get in line".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. In ToT I spend a few weeks towards the end gearing an alt and got her up to the Secrets of the Empire part really easily. Now when I feel like it I can go back and pick those all up at the increased rate, ditto the Titan Runestones. And voila, legendary.

    It's only really a big time investment if you are starting a new alt in SoO from scratch. Even then you're only a few weeks shy of where my alt is right now. It's not actually going to roadblock you anyway, you can gear up for SoO just fine without it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is that some kind of joke? I got the first legendary daggers on my realm (not a low pop one either) back in DS, and if you've gotten the legendary cloak in MoP you've done at least twice as much work as I did. Pickpocket Hagara - wait - turn up to farm every night - collect clusters, that's all it was (well plus the rogue quests which were hella fun, wish I could replay them). Dropped in NM too, could've pugged the fucking things...

    And that wasn't even as bad as the FL staff, which was just "take a number, get in line".
    The daggers were so insanly easy to get on my rogue but so fun, I wish the cloak was like it or at least catch up was as easy I still find it sad that people aren't able to down ToT on my realm cause they are too stupid to do anything right, they still can't kill loa spirits on Council -_-
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    I've ran all of LFR on my alts for nearly 6 weeks straight, and not one of them has all the sigils. I'm just saying some parts are going to be bottle necks like the sigils and secrets. Things garunteed like the valor points is fine because you know exactly how long it will take you.
    I got all of mine on my alt in two weeks. Think it took three on another alt (was one short lol). I guess you got RNG fucked pretty bad.

    But what do you mean "all" of LFR? When I did it in ToT, only MSV, HoF and Terrace dropped em, now I think they all do. With ToT in the mix the first grind should only take a week.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    The daggers were so insanly easy to get on my rogue but so fun, I wish the cloak was like it or at least catch up was as easy
    Well it's not as cool as the daggers, but being for a specific class meant they could do awesome things like stealth missions, and the floaty wings on-use. And the great theme they had. So a cloak for everyone can't really be that good.

    But that flurry proc looks pretty fucking badass and does some awesome damage. I think it breaks CC though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    A bit easier?

    In its initial state, you would have needed 10 months to get your cloak. They nerfed it down to 5-6 weeks farming.

    Of course you needed to show some dedication to your char.
    Wasn't that bad, IIRC I used to get about 2-3 sigils per week on average. I think by the time I started doing HoF I already had most of the ones in MSV. Probably took about 8-10 weeks initially (bit messed up by the time lag between MSV and HoF), down to I suppose an average of 3 after the drop rate buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by djrajir View Post
    I actually think this is a big deal, for two reasons. First its way to easy to obtain, I have no doubt over half the player base on my server has it, therefore its not rare. The second reason is its a very large boost in dps for something that's so easy to get (only truly gated by time).

    For someone in my situation, I left wow for my wedding and then my father-in-law passed away (the timing wasn't a coincidence we planed it that way so he could see his only daughters wedding) and then getting settled into my new job I have had zero time to play for several months. When I finally did come back it took very little time to get a 500+ ilvl but I still have no place in my guilds raid team until I finish getting my cloak! That means the next 6 weeks while everyone is getting their fill of SoO I am stuck only seeing lfr. I should never be sidelined for a player with a legendary item, because as then name should imply they should be rare! at best one or two per guild, not something entire raid teams have!
    No offense dude, but some people don't really care if you have to quit playing for any reason. They're going to take whoever they feel is better suited for the group, and if the other guy has better gear, legendary or not, they'll take him.

    Also, what legendary was "difficult" to obtain?

    Sulfuras? Farming mats and RNG off the Ragnaros
    Thunderfury? Farming mats and RNG off Garr and Baron Geddon
    Aetish? About the only "hard" one because you had to kill Naxx 40 bosses for Shards
    Warglaives? RNG off Illidan
    Val'anyr? Farming bosses, you could outgear Yogg +1
    Shadowmourne? Farming bosses
    Dragonwrath? Farming bosses
    Fangs of the Father? Farming bosses

    Nothing really tough there.

  18. #38
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,211
    I'm 11 weeks away (going by the fact that literally only Lei Shen is dropping those god awful Titan runestones), you can still keep up, 5% is noticeable but it's not devastating and it is only fair on those who did stick at it the whole time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  19. #39
    You fall behind when you take breaks from MMOs. That's how this genre works.

  20. #40
    I haven't even started that quest on any of my characters, how long would it even take to get?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •