Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Start off with some one handed push-ups, one legged bodyweight squats, and chin-ups off whatever won't break. Similar to what people in military basic training do, but using one arm or leg strengthens more of the core muscles. Once you get your basic strength up, you shouldn't be as self concious about being in the gym.

Dont stay out of the gym cus you're shy, contrary to popular belief, big guys in the gym arent lol'ing at small guys, they're more likely to gain respect for bothering at all.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree with the comment above. It's few and far between that will actually make fun of you for being in the gym, especially if it's a commercial gym (That's more of a high school PE class thing). Hitting the gym and working the major muscle groups as people have pointed out earlier in the thread is the quickest ways to gain size, when combined with a solid diet plan of course.

But if you are sure you don't want to be in the gym then the short answer is Yes, you can gain weight with body weight exercises. Some easy exercises to get you started are pushups (try moving your hand placement around to target different parts of the chest : Wider will be working more of the outer mass, Closer will work the inner mass and triceps). As mentioned above if you can manage single leg squats, they are a great exercise. You'll also want to do as many pullups as you can, wherever you can do them. Another great option is getting a resistance band for curls and presses, focus on slow and controlled movements, keeping the tension for longer than normal.

Alternatively, if you want to stay out of the gym there are also a bunch of different DVD programs that can really help you pack on size from home, with pretty basic equipment. I personally recommend Body Beast on my site, but there are plenty out there so look for one that really meets your needs and will help you accomplish YOUR goals. Whatever you decide to go with, just stay dedicated and you will see results.

Good luck!

James Williams
    themassfactor.com

If any one wanted to gain the weight then according to me supplements and red meats are the best way to gain weight not the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Haemon90 View Post
    Little bit about myself. Currently I'm sitting at 110lbs and I'm looking to start gaining weight but I'm extremely self concious about my size, not very strong so when I've tried to bench I've only been able to do like 55lbs. So im not really wanting to join a gym by myself

I'm looking to try and gain weight but was wondering if it was possible with just body weight exercises and if so what would be the best routine. If any one can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    My man. I dont know how old you are. But i will tell you one thing. IF your interested in only body weight exercises look up herschel walker. He was an absolute man child in highschool. same in college. not so much in pros. All he did was pushups and situps and ran. "Instead of lifting weights, he has a daily regimen of 750 to 1,500 push-ups and 2,000 sit-ups.[59] He has been going through this same routine since high school.[58]"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Dont stay out of the gym cus you're shy, contrary to popular belief, big guys in the gym arent lol'ing at small guys, they're more likely to gain respect for bothering at all.
    The big guys are also usually very helpfull, and they (being big) usually know what they are doing.

There is also quality stuff on youtube. Guys like Omar Isuf and Jonnie Candito really know what they are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little bit about myself. Currently I'm sitting at 110lbs and I'm looking to start gaining weight but I'm extremely self concious about my size, not very strong so when I've tried to bench I've only been able to do like 55lbs. So im not really wanting to join a gym by myself

I'm looking to try and gain weight but was wondering if it was possible with just body weight exercises and if so what would be the best routine. If any one can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Eat more, train more. You're doing it for you, not for other people, so don't worry what anyone else says. Having worked at GNC a few years I can promise you you're not the only one trying to gain weight. Just don't overthink it, eat more, train more, it's that simple.

I was hesitant to join the gym at first, Mostly scared because I didnt know what to do or how to do it. You have to just want to do it, no one else is gonna do it for you or hold your hand to the gym (unless your lucky). Just sign up and check it out, if its really bad then try to get a FREE personal training session. I know La Fitness does this sometimes. I wouldnt advise doing this from the start, most PT don't really help you, a few exercises and they send you to the hamster wheel. Thats not the way it should be.

Exercise and healthy food are very important to gain weight and improve health. Go for walking, cycling, eat fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts grains, red meat and dairy products. These improve heart function, mental health, make strong bones and give you fit body.

Just speak to the guys that live at the gym....that should instantly stop you from feeling self-conscious. You can also sneak a peak at one of those mountains of meat when they are on a treadmill, watch those big flabby muscles wiggle and shake much like a beer belly would.

Do NOT try to build a lot of mass quickly if you want a nice body! Ignore 99% of all advice you find on the net, the name of the site is usually a good indicator (ie monsterabs.c@m or something). If you want a nice body you must take your time, building lean, tight muscle mass will not happen in 2 months. In the meanwhile be happy about how much better you feel.

Deleted
    You need specific diet to gain weight in the first place then after you gain it specific training schedule. You will not get big by just training regardlessof what you do. Diet is fundamental.

Deleted

Go in there and hit the weights 5-6 days a week, hard work pays off. Eat healthy and much, skip the coke and candy/other shit, drink alot of water - you'll see results soon enough!

None will care how much you bench, if they do they're pathetic losers who are unsecure about themselves.

You can do it - i believe in you!

I would strongly recommend you not listen to people saying immediately to stick with basic exercises such as pushups etc.

Deleted
    Why limit yourself to bodyweight exercises only? Just grab a 30$ barbell + some weights and start doing squats, deadlifts, clean and jerks and other movements that involve almost all the muscle groups.
    Also, keep consuming enough calories ( calculate your macros according to your need / bodyweight ) and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Why limit yourself to bodyweight exercises only? Just grab a 30$ barbell + some weights and start doing squats, deadlifts, clean and jerks and other movements that involve almost all the muscle groups.
    Also, keep consuming enough calories ( calculate your macros according to your need / bodyweight ) and that's it.
    This!
    If you really can't afford a gym membership, then do pull-ups. Lots of them. Alternate the width of your grip, overhand, underhand, neutral grip to target different muscles.
    Dips as well. Don't go below parallel unless u want to destroy your rotator cuff.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

buy a bench and weights. do dumbell exercises. pushups. lift heavy and eat a lot of HEALTHY food. good carb to protion ratio. chicken,rice, salmon, etc