Deleted

Dark shaman 10m. Totem buffs.

Heyo! Reached shamans today and called it there.
    When killing the 26m hp guy in the bank all pf us got a key. We could open some prisons and just took the first ones we saw. The rescued prisoner put down 2 totems that reduced damage taken from alla elements by 10%. Was wondering if antone else took a different cage nd got other buffs?

Oh and are you 2 healing or 3 healing it? We got pala n druid healers. Can get another druid healer if 3man heald is the best.
    Tanks are monk and pala 520ilvl and 540ilvl respectivelu.

I'm not sure what the keys actually do, we just used them on random cages and didn't really get what was happening lol - There's an achievement to do with releasing people but i'm not sure how it works.

Regarding healing, we three healed it due to our setup, but we tried two healing the previous night and got it to around 10%. Personally I think it was better three healing, there's no real rush, just take your time with it and handle everything appropriately; three healing allows for fuck ups and doesn't really hurt the raid in any way (slimes may die slower if you have a meh setup). Two healing is probably better if you've got a confident team, but if you're a bit unsure it's probably best to just go with the three heal tactic imo. My personal rule is to two heal whenever there are lots of adds or a tight enrage or just not a lot of damage, it's great for pushing transitions and actually sometimes having three healers causes you to need more healing than you would with two, purely because of how much slower the dps is and what mechanics get out because of it. In Dark Shaman's case, three is fine.

We 2 healed it fine. Seems like a fight where the longer it lasts the more shit you'll be in. Almost literally in this fight since theres shit everywhere.

Tell your tanks to get their kiting boots on.

Deleted
    We 3-healed it with a discpriest atoning most of the time. Can be done with 2 fairly easily I reckon.

Deleted
    We unlocked those totems as well. They did not disappear during the Dark Shamans encounter, so they might be an actual advantage, especially in heroics!

TBH dont know two much since we 2 shot it (First wipe was from trash pulling x.x) even though we had some grunt spawning mid pull. Seems like it could have been 2 healed but we had a DPS that was really low on that fight since one of our locks was out. Just a very hectic fight a lot going on, don't stand in crap and its easy Also helps a ton to have a Monk tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    TBH dont know two much since we 2 shot it (First wipe was from trash pulling x.x) even though we had some grunt spawning mid pull. Seems like it could have been 2 healed but we had a DPS that was really low on that fight since one of our locks was out. Just a very hectic fight a lot going on, don't stand in crap and its easy Also helps a ton to have a Monk tank.
    What does the monk tank do that's so helpfull?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    What does the monk tank do that's so helpfull?
    Kites. You have to run around like a headless chicken to avoid shit on that fight. Though to be honest palas are fine with speed of light for a bit of zooming about.