New to rift..... kind of

Hey guys,

So i played rift a long time ago for a few level just for fun before it was f2p, and have decided i want to go hardcore into now.
    I have some questions and am open to nay advice.

What would you say is the fastest way to level? i HATE. HAAAATE, questing. So im looking to do as little of that as possible. I have grinded some 10 or so lvl 90's in wow just doing dungeons very contently. lol

What is the path into raiding? Im in a heroic guild and will be looking to get into something similar.

Any random noobie advice?

Instant Adventures w/ Xp boosts is the fastest method of leveling but you have to do quest alongside to fill in some XP gaps. Dungeons are rather slow if you are not a tank. Provided you have a dedicated group the dungeons are pretty good level though.

The usual entry to raiding is: leveling -> crafted 60 gear -> dungeon or world gear -> raid tier 1 gear - tier 2, etc.

Random advice... um, save your Infinity Stones for essences. Don't buy any gear with Infinity Stones. And spend all Emperyal Stones you get early and often.

If you can stomach it, doing random warfronts (bgs in Rift) can give good experience as well. The qs are very fast regardless of role and with the favour you get (sort of the equivalent of Honour Points from WoW) you can get some nice levelling gear or even the occasional good reward from the chests. Also, if you do that, don't forget to pick up the quests for winning a specific map for a specific number of times, that's extra XP there too. I am not saying it's the fastest method, but it's a descent alternative to mix things up.

All the best.

Warfronts are only fast leveling if your side consistently wins. If it does not, it's very slow leveling. It is probably worth it to win your daily warfront though as that gives an XP Bonus.

IA's really are the fastest though. Nothing beats it.

As for the path to raiding:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ted-2-3-a.html

That guide should help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Warfronts are only fast leveling if your side consistently wins. If it does not, it's very slow leveling. It is probably worth it to win your daily warfront though as that gives an XP Bonus.

IA's really are the fastest though. Nothing beats it.

As for the path to raiding:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ted-2-3-a.html

That guide should help.
    I was just about to ask about more of the end game gearing, but then I saw your sig. I have a cleric that I may want to tank end game or DPS. But I have no idea how to gear in Rift.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is there any other forum dedicated to Rift? I rather not go on the official forums because of trolls, and this forum is dead 80% of the time.

Deleted
    Mass charged shield level 14 mobs in Freemarch around smith's haven. It requires a geared level 60 mage to shield you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Also, is there any other forum dedicated to Rift? I rather not go on the official forums because of trolls, and this forum is dead 80% of the time.
    Official forums are really the best place. Just because other games official forums are filled with trolls does not mean all are. One of the main reasons there are not a lot of popular third party forums sites for Rift is their official forums are kept clean and run well. Of all the games I have played they have the best official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled with exp pots from the Rift Store & did quests while in queue for a dungeon and made 20-60 in 5 days with what I would call average gameplay per day. I didn't learn about instant adventures until later on but they are good exp too.

IAS and constant winning wfs are best XP. Especially with Xp pots. At least it seems to be for me. As I'm basically making a fresh start in Rift and its been quick. Just wish there was an ETA on instance queues =/
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.