Dragon Soul LFR Transmog Gear

I posted this on the WoW forums but I don't think anyone will see it with how many threads get created there. Link to it anyway
    Have they talked about adding a way for level 90's to obtain the 85 LFR only gear from Dragon Soul? The LFR gear has unique skins that are unobtainable 86+.

A solution I thought of is to allow 90's to queue for it and possibly scale down the level and gear like they already do in leveling BGs and in Challenge modes. This would give 90's something else to do and give people who play 85's a chance to run the Dragon Soul LFR.

Anyone like/dislike this idea?

I dont mind if they implement this but as far as level 85's are concerned, they can still que for DS content.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Eventually LFR transmogs will be rarer that hc transmogs of that tier

I think it would be nice, not necessarily with scaling down your level but something as simple as switching the raid to LFR difficulty before you enter (like switching to heroic mode). I'd really like that 2H sword from Deathwing on my Frost DK.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Meh, let the level 90s queue for it as it is. It's 5 levels difference. It's no different from letting heroic geared raiders queue for level 85/86 dungeons. This far along it'll just mean more people are participating and the process will be less frustrating for those still at level 85.

Just add a vendor that lets you trade in the normal or heroic equivalent of an item for the LFR counterpart. That way they don't have to deal with a bunch of crap setting up lfr and everyone gets their stuff still.

It would take a dev like 10 minutes to do it too I bet.

FWIW, the second half of LFR Dragon Soul (Fall of Deathwing) is still accessible even to level 90 characters.

To get into LFR Dragon Soul you'll want to go to the instance portal of DS in CoT and then queue up for a current LFR (any one will do) with preferably a friend that you know won't leave the instance group once the LFR is done. (and this is pivotal) After you've completed the LFR you queued for, simply teleport out of the instance via the eyeball around your minimap and zone into Dragon Soul. Because you're in an LFR instance group, DS will now also be in LFR mode and you'll be teleported atop Wyrmrest Temple and can begin the LFR version of the Ultraxion trash.

Mind you if you're not too geared you might want to bring more than one friend. Had trouble killing Ultraxion as a 548 Blood DK accompanied by a 545 Resto Druid and only managed to kill it with 2 or 3 stacks of Determination. (yes, Determination carries over to DS LFR as well)
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-08-04 at 07:02 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Even if they allowed you to queue at 90 you'd still never find enough people to start the raid.

Blizzard did mention they'd like there to be a way to enter LFR raids properly, but they've said nothing further.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    FWIW, the second half of LFR Dragon Soul (Fall of Deathwing) is still accessible even to level 90 characters.

To get into LFR Dragon Soul you'll want to go to the instance portal of DS in CoT and then queue up for a current LFR (any one will do) with preferably a friend that you know won't leave the instance group once the LFR is done. (and this is pivotal) After you've completed the LFR you queued for, simply teleport out of the instance via the eyeball around your minimap and zone into Dragon Soul. Because you're in an LFR instance group, DS will now also be in LFR mode and you'll be teleported atop Wyrmrest Temple and can begin the LFR version of the Ultraxion trash.

Mind you if you're not too geared you might want to bring more than one friend. Had trouble killing Ultraxion as a 548 Blood DK accompanied by a 545 Resto Druid and only managed to kill it with 2 or 3 stacks of Determination. (yes, Determination carries over to DS LFR as well)
    Wow. This is really cool - is there no possible way to get to the first half? I really want to finish my warrior alt's LFR set from DS but I'm missing some pieces and I'm not sure where they come from.

Thanks for sharing this - I really hope they make a way to just select "LFR" difficulty or something for previous expansions so you can go get anything you missed.

Edit - also RE: Netherspark - I agree about queuing at 90; I put myself in the DS queue a couple months after MoP came out and I just left my warrior in the queue for a couple hours and it never popped. I hope they solve this some day.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Wow. This is really cool - is there no possible way to get to the first half? I really want to finish my warrior alt's LFR set from DS but I'm missing some pieces and I'm not sure where they come from.
    Considering this is the only way to change the difficulty to LFR mode and it defaults to Fall rather than Siege, no, I don't think there's currently a way to enter Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Thanks for sharing this - I really hope they make a way to just select "LFR" difficulty or something for previous expansions so you can go get anything you missed.
    Sounds like a good idea and would require next to no effort on their part.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Considering this is the only way to change the difficulty to LFR mode and it defaults to Fall rather than Siege, no, I don't think there's currently a way to enter Siege.

Sounds like a good idea and would require next to no effort on their part.
    Thanks a ton again for the info - I just checked what I have and don't have on my warrior and thankfully everything I'm missing can be snagged in the second half of the raid, so I'm in luck!

I hope they add this feature in the next expansion; I know a lot of folks who want those color variants (and many who probably will want the current ones when the level cap goes up)
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Does anyone know if this still works? I tried this a couple days ago, but was unable to get it to work. I'm not sure if I did it wrong though.
    Last edited by deathbypizza; 2013-11-02 at 10:38 AM. Reason: notifications