Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    "Mogu Rune of Fate now costs 1000 Timeless Coins (down from 2500 Timeless Coins)"

    That is still ridiculously overpriced. You could get 15-20 elder charms for 3 minutes work on the isle of thunder. I can farm 3 warforged up faster than 3 mogu, that's just wrong.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    It's not really a free copy, but just a trial, isn't it? It goes away after the week and you can't level to 86... I think I've had this free trial twice already during MoP, I think it resets every major patch :-D

    It's definitely not the same. I know that the 10 days trial seems to reset after every patch.
    But as you can read, this is a 7 days trial. I logged in to my account before mmo champion made this and could see the 10-days trial button is colored white again (turns grey after using it). That means what we have here are two different options.

    I would not use the 10 days trial because you cannot level up to 86 and beyond. If the 7 days trial posted here includes a MoP upgrade, we would be able to level and experience lvl 90 content.

    I'm hoping that someone who made use of it could post here and tell us more.
    Last edited by Tricky91; 2013-09-13 at 05:24 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky91 View Post
    It's definitely not the same. I know that the 10 days trial seems to reset after every patch.
    But as you can read, this is a 7 days trial. I logged in to my account before mmo champion made this and could see the 10-days trial button is colored white again (turns grey after using it). That means what we have here are two different options.

    I would not use the 10 days trial because you cannot level up to 86 and beyond. If the 7 days trial posted here includes a MoP upgrade, we would be able to level and experience lvl 90 content.

    I'm hoping that someone who made use of it could post here and tell us more.
    Just want to point out that there are 2 separate sentences in that part of the news article.
    The first one is about that guy who got a physical copy of MoP mailed to him (as seen in the picture).
    The second one is about the 7 day trial which non-active accounts get whenever a new patch is released (and to which the link provided leads to).

    Looking at my account, the 10 day trial (which I have used earlier this year) is inactive, probably because it is the one granted when the new expansion launched (and is redeemable 1 time only). The 7 day one is available (same as it is, probably, for everyone whose account was inactive for a while before 5.4 launched).

    Thus, as I understand it, unless you got the game in your (real) mail, you only have the option to play the 7 day trial (or the 1 time 10 day trial if you haven't used it yet).

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral warcraftmew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,073
    yeah give free shit to people who left your game and people like me get fuck all ive played since classic doing pvp all i get from blizz is class nerfs and a middle finger no wonder blizz lose subs cos you will get more if you quit the game and stop paying

  5. #45
    The Patient Taiknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Over thadda way
    Posts
    295
    I hope all of the connected realms go up quick

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Just want to point out that there are 2 separate sentences in that part of the news article.
    The first one is about that guy who got a physical copy of MoP mailed to him (as seen in the picture).
    The second one is about the 7 day trial which non-active accounts get whenever a new patch is released (and to which the link provided leads to).

    Looking at my account, the 10 day trial (which I have used earlier this year) is inactive, probably because it is the one granted when the new expansion launched (and is redeemable 1 time only). The 7 day one is available (same as it is, probably, for everyone whose account was inactive for a while before 5.4 launched).

    Thus, as I understand it, unless you got the game in your (real) mail, you only have the option to play the 7 day trial (or the 1 time 10 day trial if you haven't used it yet).
    I missed the part about the physical copy. Thought it was a digital game key or something. I'm sure I can give up on it, because they won't mail anything to EU citizens. :/

    But you're wrong when you say that the 10 days expansion trial is usable only once. By now, I have used it each time a new big patch came out. It was 10 days, not 7. I used it last time 3 months ago and now the button is active again since 5.4 came out. You have to have a permanent inactive account (like me).

    And it's certainly not a bug. They want people to try out the game's new content several times because this might increase the chance for old subscribers to return (even though you can't level up to 86+).
    Last edited by Tricky91; 2013-09-13 at 07:26 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah give free shit to people who left your game and people like me get fuck all ive played since classic doing pvp all i get from blizz is class nerfs and a middle finger no wonder blizz lose subs cos you will get more if you quit the game and stop paying
    maybe they dont mail you free things because you yell at them and type like a twelve year old

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I suppose it is possible someone made a ton of accounts on various sites on the internet, make a USPS label that is real. shipped themselves a copy of MoP form the same city as the distribution warehouse, waited for me to approach a few people for confirmation, all in an attempt to trick me, but I would hazard a guess that the simplest explanation is likely the correct one here.
    So, is this US only? Any word from Blizzard?

  9. #49
    The rolling out of cross realms is a sad joke. They should just be giving out free server transfers and let players go to the servers they wish to play on. Even after they do this your going to have sad dead servers. The two they are doing will be less then 1/8 the size of one of the mega servers.

  10. #50
    7 days free game time = 7 days of unrestricted play at whatever level your account is at (WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria)
    10 day trial = you get to play a restricted version of whatever is above your account level (e.g. if you have WotLK, you get Cataclysm for 10 days, level to 81-1 xp, profs to 525, etc)

    10 days are available after each patch if I'm not mistaken and 7 days are offered by Blizzard to inactive account holders usually after each major patch for a limited time.

  11. #51
    Ah crap, EU client doesnt have the hotfix but everywhere else have applied. Now I'm region locked

  12. #52
    I'm guessing the hearthstone goodie is going to be the Hearthsteed?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I would say, yes. A game should not FORCE you to do anything. It can encourage stuff, but not force. We're finally at the point where (most) people are starting to understand that MMO doesn't mean 'you need to play with people in a group', but simply 'there are a lot of people online that you can play with if you want'. Just like in real life, actually...
    You can solo on the Timeless Isle. Its just easier if you team up with friends. To me, that IS the definition of 'encourage not force', no?
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    7 days free game time = 7 days of unrestricted play at whatever level your account is at (WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria)
    10 day trial = you get to play a restricted version of whatever is above your account level (e.g. if you have WotLK, you get Cataclysm for 10 days, level to 81-1 xp, profs to 525, etc)

    10 days are available after each patch if I'm not mistaken and 7 days are offered by Blizzard to inactive account holders usually after each major patch for a limited time.
    Ok, the latest Addon I have in my account is Cata. If I use the 7 days offer, may I level to 86+? Because I can't level up beyond 85 when I use the 10 days offer.

  15. #55
    Sooo... If I am in EU, and use that 7-day promo, I get copy of the game shipped to me too?
    Or not?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky91 View Post
    Ok, the latest Addon I have in my account is Cata. If I use the 7 days offer, may I level to 86+? Because I can't level up beyond 85 when I use the 10 days offer.
    No. The 7 day free game time offer will be as if you paid for 7 days of Cataclysm (with the same limits).

    The 10 day MoP trial will allow you access to MoP zones and level to 600 in professions but you will be capped at 1 XP short of level 86.

    I am not sure what activating both offers at the same time would do.

  17. #57
    Great, so both offers are useless. Thought I could level up to 90.

  18. #58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •