Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Beyond some bullshit taboo a lot of people seem to have. YOU CANNOT TAKE IT WITH YOU.. The Pharaohs of Egypt tried, didn't work out for them, shit just sat in there and rotted, and that's what the money/estate would do. Stop being selfish, you had your chance to have shit when you were alive. You are dead now. Move the fuck on.

Your suggestion, instead of building a new park for the kids in your community or, funding a few to goto college or helping some elderly person afford their meds.. Is to put it in the ground with you, or burn it.. Are YOU fucking serious!?
    I wouldn't do this myself but, as has been said already, it's my money and I decide what happens to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I could see setting up something that ensures that your pets are taken care of after you die. Pets tend to go by the wayside; not everyone comes from loving, caring families where they will love and care for your pet the same way you did after you pass on.

Leaving millions to a cat? Pretty silly. Leave just enough to make sure the animal is cared for, and then donate the rest to an animal anti-cruelty society or something.
    You bring up a good point. Leaving some to make sure said pet(s) are taken care of... This seems entirely reasonable to me. Some pets can be expensive and not easy to take care of. Such as a couple horses. Which bedding, food, and maintenance can be pretty expensive. But right, no where near millions.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

A friend of mine has her two dogs in her will, she's left them something like $2000 a year to be spent on their well being with whoever adopts them (family/friends would) in case the tragic happens.

I think that's perfectly acceptable, people get life insurance all the time to make sure their family would be taken of in case something happened. I don't see the difference in people wanting to make sure their pets will be taken care of. Now leaving your pet an estate or any material good that they'd find no use for is pretty stupid. Could be amazingly funny if you're family are nothing but jerks and you do it out of spite. In the end it's your money, your belongings and you're free to do whatever the fuck you want with it.

LOL! You're sounding like I'd show up in some suit n swindle your poor grandpa out of his measly banked 10k while I pulled the plug on his life-support.. Calm yourself down sir. You're getting way too emotional to even formulate a worthy argument. I said nothing of the sort. Not a ONE person would be out buying jet-skies off of dear ol' granpa's dime. Obviously you have a hard time reading, so I'll just suggest you go back and re-read what I said.
    If you leave your money to your animal after you die in a will, everyone should act and tell you it's okay. Let you die. Then which ever country or state or community absorbs your money & estate. Unless left to an able, healthy-minded, PERSON. (or group)
    Care to revise your statement?

Think about them turtles. They can live up to more than a hundred years, which is longer than a usual person does.
    They can not purchase anything themselves, but they would also not damage the economy (or ecology, rather) or make someone's lives miserable.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Care to revise your statement?
    What is there to revise?

As you can see it says "Then which ever country or state or community absorbs your money & estate." Says nothing in there about the banker or lawyer sniffing coke off a hookers ass they bought with grandpa's money. "Country, State, Community" Meaning it could goto fund a new School, or park. Or it could goto 1 homeless shelter in each 50 states.

You two have this idea of some robed-death character pulling the plug and running off with your money after your dead.. You couldn't have been more wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Think about them turtles. They can live up to more than a hundred years, which is longer than a usual person does.
    They can not purchase anything themselves, but they would also not damage the economy (or ecology, rather) or make someone's lives miserable.
    They also don't need any amount of money to live. Just nature.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

After you're dead, how can it be yours? Last I checked, a dead man cannot own something. Also, what rights? You're dead.

And, no it doesn't. If I make a million dollars and do absolutely nothing with that million, it stays exactly the same, then I die. It was worthless to have during my lifetime, I didn't buy anything with it. Therefore it didn't enrich my life in anyway.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Oh you're dead now? Well you get no say (a will) on what happens to your stuff/money because dead people can't own things. Seesh. Plus, a million dollars sitting in your bank account that you never spent did enrich your life. You were able to be risky with your career endeavors because you knew you had a nest egg to fall back on. You were able to pursue dangerous hobbies cause you knew you had money to cover your medical. You were able to love your family/kids without any worry knowing they had a cushion in-case you died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    A friend of mine has her two dogs in her will, she's left them something like $2000 a year to be spent on their well being with whoever adopts them (family/friends would) in case the tragic happens.

I think that's perfectly acceptable, people get life insurance all the time to make sure their family would be taken of in case something happened. I don't see the difference in people wanting to make sure their pets will be taken care of.

Now leaving your pet an estate or any material good that they'd find no use for is pretty stupid. Could be amazingly funny if you're family are nothing but jerks and you do it out of spite. In the end it's your money, your belongings and you're free to do whatever the fuck you want with it.
    In the end, nothing is yours. You're dead. You in fact, can't do anything with it.

Deleted
    Duplicate post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. Oh you're dead now? Well you get no say (a will) on what happens to your stuff/money because dead people can't own things. Seesh. Plus, a million dollars sitting in your bank account that you never spent did enrich your life. You were able to be risky with your career endeavors because you knew you had a nest egg to fall back on. You were able to pursue dangerous hobbies cause you knew you had money to cover your medical. You were able to love your family/kids without any worry knowing they had a cushion in-case you died.
    That's a lot of assuming.

You have kids & family, but leave your money to a dog?

Deleted
    I'd leave money to my pet/s in the form of making provisions for there welfare after i die... But actually leaving Mr. Fuzzballs 20 grand?

Nope, i'd donate it to a prostate or breast cancer fund - or something tangible that benefits others, while my loved pet is also provided for...

They also don't need any amount of money to live. Just nature.
    Not if the nature around has been polluted by people, or will be (inevitably) polluted in a decade or two.
    Besides, we all are potentially dead, humans and other animals alike. Discriminating based on just species does not make much sense to me.

Medical research programs, right... So that the rich would get richer, and patent their findings, so that subsequent researchers would pay them a share, thus snowballing the price of resulting medications.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Not if the nature around has been polluted by people, or will be (inevitably) polluted in a decade or two.
    Besides, we all are potentially dead, humans and other animals alike. Discriminating based on just species does not make much sense to me.

Medical research programs, right... So that the rich would get richer, and patent their findings, so that subsequent researchers would pay them a share, thus snowballing the price of resulting medications.
    Go away eco-nut. This doesn't involve your kind. You'll never have any money.

Infracted: Please don't post in an insulting manner.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-09-14 at 10:05 AM.

Go away eco-nut. This doesn't involve your kind. You'll never have any money.
    Oh, we're using labels and stereotypes now. I won't hold that against you, you're just a regular person. Have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd leave money to my pet/s in the form of making provisions for there welfare after i die... But actually leaving Mr. Fuzzballs 20 grand?

Nope, i'd donate it to a prostate or breast cancer fund - or something tangible that benefits others, while my loved pet is also provided for...
    Yeah, this seems fine to me. I mean, it's the ones who just squander millions of dollars, and then say "oh people aren't worth it". That are just, stupid. They're part & parcel of the reason "people aren't worth it". They certainly aren't.

Unless you have a living human relative, or just any other human whom you trust enough to bequeath all your possessions to, when you die, everything you own should become property of the government.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-09-13 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Thier money thier choice, they have decided while it was still thiers what they want to do with it and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Deal
    With
    It

On a side note i would not leave money to my pets, although i would ensure they are well looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Thier money thier choice, they have decided while it was still thiers what they want to do with it and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Deal
    With
    It
    It doesn't belong to them once they're dead. The concept of ownership is a social construct enforced by socially-constructed laws, laws which don't recognise other animals as proprietors of any sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Unless you have a living human relative, or just any other human whom you trust enough to bequeath all your possessions, when you die, everything you own should become property of the government.
    There you go.. Someone who gets it.

Deleted
    Beyond some bullshit taboo a lot of people seem to have. YOU CANNOT TAKE IT WITH YOU.. The Pharaohs of Egypt tried, didn't work out for them, shit just sat in there and rotted, and that's what the money/estate would do. Stop being selfish, you had your chance to have shit when you were alive. You are dead now. Move the fuck on.

Your suggestion, instead of building a new park for the kids in your community or, funding a few to goto college or helping some elderly person afford their meds.. Is to put it in the ground with you, or burn it.. Are YOU fucking serious!?
    Ofcourse hes fucking serious, if i wanted to make a hoolaa skirt from money to be buried in, that would be fine, because it's MY money?