Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Sample Sizes of 24 are sufficient for statistical significance, as you'd find in any college level science or psychology class.

http://www.jerrydallal.com/LHSP/sizenotes.htm
    Ok... my quoted text previously I assumed was sarcasm since he was "confirming 10HC to be faceroll", which I responded to in kind. Notice I used the words "Factual Data" since he was making "Confirmation".
    But in response to this post, you still cannot take these numbers out of context and draw conclusions, this you would also find in any college level class. Making broad statements based on assumptions that every guild in the data set is equal is a bit off don't you think?
    Comparing the two doesn't take into account guilds that have 3 more raid days this week, 25s that split to 10s to kill Garrosh, hours spent in the raid, etc... its a little early in the tier to pull out a 10 vs. 25 debate on who gets it easy this tier

On a personal note, thus far I will admit 10m normals seem easy, but I think they just tuned it better this tier than last for Normal Raiders.
    Last edited by royals; 2013-09-14 at 11:10 PM. Reason: clarity

Deleted
    He is not Even the Last Encounter..there is another Boss After him..if you see what Happens after he is Defeated..so they practially will make another last raid....

Deleted
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter...0man?video=any - 39 Malkorok (10) videos (2.89% of all 10m kills)
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter...5man?video=any - 4 Paragons of the Klaxxi (25) videos (4.1% of all 25m kills)

Yup, definitively, factual data confirms Immerseus to be faceroll on both sizes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refrain from starting 25 vs 10 man discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    that's impossible and you know it sonnillon, its progression time and that means more 10vs25man threads then anything else!
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the normal tuning is pretty good. We just killed him Friday and I enjoyed the fight. Really looking forward to heroic. As a last boss though, there was a pretty consistent difficulty rise as you went though each phase, which is one thing I look forward to in final boss encounters.

I like garrosh, I feel like he has a lot of potential for heroic mode, he doesn't feel like the kind of fight where "X happens do Y yay you won" , you actually have to put your entire being in doing mechanics right, as fast as you can, as hard as you can. If adds don't get done well, you'll wipe, if MCs don't die instantly, you fight them for awhile... It's a lot or dependant on individual players, heroic mode will be very unforgiving.

That said, I don't really like MC mechanics, and as a boomkin i feel gimped since starfire casts takes so long and people get broken out of MC before i can even starfire them and I get told i can't dot : (

It's a pretty fun fight that requires a bit of control, we wiped a few times because we were dpsing too hard and pushing it badly. After slowing down the damage and making sure we pushed at the correct time and got the MC's under control it was pretty easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    ....dont Admins have manners? Isnt it a prerequisite?

I sense someone has a case of 'I r admin tharfore I r god and dont need to have manners'

As cyqu said, thats impossible presently.

When I look bad at end bosses' fun factor I think I'd go:

1: Yogg-Saron. As a DPS this fight was highly entertaining on a lot of levels with a lot of interesting mechanics. Thematically great too. The first night on it during week one when there were no videos we had no idea you had to kill the adds in the centre, sat around killing them outside like idiots wondering what we were doing wrong.
    2: Ragnaros (Firelands). Another fight with a whole lot to do, the last phase and dreadflame was great.
    3: Kael'thas. The trash and its respawn time was horrible, but the encounter itself I loved. The legendary weapons were a neat new idea. Gravity lapse was awesome even if phase 5 was a little undertuned.
    4: Vashj. I love fights where you split the raid up into different units to accomplish different tasks (although with 10-mans constraining 25-man design now it's more rare).
    5: Lei Shen. See above, a really interestingly designed encounter.
    6: Kel'Thuzad 60. I can remember the raid-wide tension everyone felt before each tank mind control and the chaos that ensued. I liked phase 1 too as a mage, could see why others might get bored.
    7: Illidan. Even if the difficulty was loaded into the flame transition, I thought this fight succeeded thematically and the demon phase was fun (too bad you never saw it after the 30% nerf).
    8: Lich King. Frostmourne sucking you inside is neat. Even if the real difficulty of the fight came down to Defile+Valkyrs, it succeeded thematically.
    9: Kil'jaeden. I liked the dragon mechanic and its interaction with darkness of a thousand souls. Sinister Reflections were neat too.
    10: Sha of Fear. Throwing the light around with adds of death closing in on you was intense. It got a little repetitive but I liked phase 2 a lot.

Deathwing sucked. Garrosh is okay, better than Deathwing. Archimonde was frustrating. Anub'arak was boring as hell for DPS. Sinestra had a single mechanic, orbs, to pay attention to for me. If Al'Akir counts as an end boss I loved that fight, Nefarian and Cho'gall were fun too.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-10-09 at 07:38 AM.

There seriously needs to be less fights where you afk for 10 minutes, do the hard part for 1-2 minutes and see if you win or not.

Deleted
    Normal felt bit too easy, since only thing you have to do is avoid iron stars and fast target switch on mc:s. Looking forward for hc.
    And stop qq about overgearing, we did it with alts average 535ilvl.
    Last edited by mmocd8a78752c7; 2013-10-09 at 08:22 AM.

Garrosh HC is exactly teh same in 3 phases apart from the Third intermission missing out obviously. Phase 4 is the only difference/addition and imo it would be more awesome to defeat this enemy beside his thrown, not as a corrupted shathingy in SW with Ironstars and shit all over the place. Also I hate the fact that boss is healing a lot, I rather have phases where u cant actually attack him and are only able to kill adds or handle other mechanics.

Decent end Boss overall and a lot better than the big disappointment from Cata.

Everyone loved klaxi for some reason. I found it boring as you can ignore most of the mechanics. Looks interesting in heroic though.

I really liked Garrosh. True it had nothing we had not seen before but its a fun fight.

I liked the fight. Good tuning for normal mode. Not as epic as LK or Ragnaros though. Overall one of the best normal raids they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Personally I found that encounter even more shitty than Deathwing. Between the lorelol moments where the devs claim he is not manipualted by the sha and doing this on his own will, then has quotes directly contradicting this statement and in p3 he transforms into cho'gall 2.0.... blblblbl. The scenery is pretty shit aside from intermissions, at least the Maelstrom was the fucking Maelstrom. The fight itself is better but still nothing more than your standard stackup/spread/stackup/spread with barely any other mechanic.
    And it has mindcontrols, mindcontrols in this game are annoying.

This encounter is also grossly overshadowed by Blackfuse which is way more brilliant - that doesn't help giving it any kind of memorable experience. I personally won't look fondly on garrosh in the future like I currently do with Ragnaros or Yogg-Saron - I will, however, of Blackfuse.
    ^^ Bingo ^^

I find Garrosh boring, and Deathwing (spine + madness) a much much much more interesting fight. And that's even with deathwing being really low on my list. I mean honestly this whole tier has been pretty bland and they just put out 14 bosses to have 14 bosses.

They need to get rid of this mind control and interrupt crap. At least the boss didn't have a wind push mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Easier than Lich King or Ragnaros normal, but a decent, fun and visually cool fight imo. It's a good endboss. Let's wait and see heroic.
    I tend to agree with this, but thinking about the real complexity of the phases I'm pretty sure is my memory failing me.
    Garrosh IS harder than LK and Ragnaros when they were the content, BUT it's underwhelming compared to most of the end-tier bosses in MoP, while the other two are the masterpieces of their own expansions.
    I've done these 3 fights with 3 different guilds, aiming for different progression... this one is the best guild I've been in (skillwise), and I'm pretty sure I had a harder time on Garrosh than LK and Rag... and trust me, some of those guys in ICC and FL were real windowlickers.

EDIT: can't talk about the hc version obv.
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-10-09 at 03:46 PM.

If you're talking normal mode, Ragnaros was much easier than Lich King or Garrosh, got it down first night no problem. Lich King I know we took longer on than Garrosh so I'll disagree there. I feel Yogg-Saron was the most challenging normal mode end boss from Wrath to present though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If you're talking normal mode, Ragnaros was much easier than Lich King or Garrosh, got it down first night no problem. Lich King I know we took longer on than Garrosh so I'll disagree there. I feel Yogg-Saron was the most challenging normal mode end boss from Wrath to present though.
    We had more troubles on normal Syndra than normal LK to be honest.
    Yogg-saron is the last old-school normal mode boss: it was harder than Normal LK but way easier than HC LK, so you really can't compare. Blizzard took raiding to whole another level with Heroic modes... and nope, none thinks Alone in the darkness was the actual tier-ender.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    none thinks Alone in the darkness was the actual tier-ender.
    That's interesting, I was under the impression most people felt that was the tier ending boss of Ulduar.