Deleted

What if the position of Warchief is abolished?

This thought just occurred to me. With the catastrophical consequences of Garrosh's reign, could the position of Warchief be abolished or at the very least reduced to a military rank only and no longer acting as the supreme leader of the Horde? I noticed that Vol'jin was never really referred to as the new Warchief; Thrall just stated that Vol'jin should lead, and when Varian called out for the Warchief, Vol'jin only stated that he "speaks for the Horde". This just left me wondering.

I think it'd be quite symbolic for the Horde to give up this rank so the leader of the Horde would no longer be automatically associated with warfare. It would very well reflect the change that is going on within the Horde now.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be nice, at least it wouldn't have to be addressed having our name change from Horde to 'Orde'
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. It's just a title and one bad leader does not tarnish the position forever. I think they will keep the title for tradition sake.

Deleted
    This, of course, would lead us to wonder what could be an appropriate and fitting title given to the leader of the Horde. I personally think that as a rank, Warchief is a bit too iconic to do away with completely, but it could still remain as the military commander of the Horde or the leader of the orcs only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Meh. It's just a title and one bad leader does not tarnish the position forever. I think they will keep the title for tradition sake.
    One bad leader? They were all bad leaders. Blackhand was a tool, doomhammer kept attacking alliance even though he could have stopped the war. Thrall had his people end up in a in a famine. Then when his own people were starving to death he left the horde. And hellscream doesn't need explaining. The title should go because nothing ever good came of it.
    Aye mate