Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's a difference between Siege of Undercity and Containment.

The Cold War was a battle of containment on both sides, yet there never was a Siege of Moscow.
    Pretty much this. There's a lot more they can do with this plotline than the Siege of Undercity.

It's more likely that the fighting will be around Gilneas and Stromgarde. I'm sure Sylvie will make an appearance, and probably get kicked in the teeth a bit, but I wouldn't count on another plot death. Well... maybe one more plot death to get rid of her val'kyr, but after that...

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    The sane answer would to be phase a single room in Orgrimmar. Garrosh as warchief before the events of SOO, upon finishing SOO or dinging 91 he is replaced with Vol'Jin.

I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes when I enter Grommash Hold and approach Garrosh he fades out for a moment and then in, sort of like phased content has been shown to do.
    Foreshadowing.exe has stopped working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Pretty much this. There's a lot more they can do with this plotline than the Siege of Undercity.

It's more likely that the fighting will be around Gilneas and Stromgarde. I'm sure Sylvie will make an appearance, and probably get kicked in the teeth a bit, but I wouldn't count on another plot death. Well... maybe one more plot death to get rid of her val'kyr, but after that...
    The point of the Valkyr though, storywise is to explain why the Forsaken haven't been wiped out by sheer attrition.

Don't think they'll be removed completely until Blizzard is ready for an endgame for the Forsaken, which will not take place in the lifetime of WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except the tirisfal,silverpine and hillsbrad questlines are all part of an extremely well written inter-connected whole. The end of the silverpine chain was a genuine 'WTF' moment. I don't think Blizz fancies overhauling those zones again when they can simply phase the place, especially when in my opinion they are some of the best work in the game.
    but they are also inacurate, Horde players are stuck in a phase where Garrosh is alive and Alliance players are doing questlines during which Garrosh is gone. I'm not saying it should be changed entirely... but as an Alliance player I feel that if this scenario happens horde players would feel a little disconnected by doing their old questline.

but it's not game breaking. I guess it is possible to live with that.

If it gets rid of the atrocious Worgen starting area I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    If it gets rid of the atrocious Worgen starting area I'm all for it.
    please make the starting area for worgens end!

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich Queen.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The point of the Valkyr though, storywise is to explain why the Forsaken haven't been wiped out by sheer attrition.

Don't think they'll be removed completely until Blizzard is ready for an endgame for the Forsaken, which will not take place in the lifetime of WoW.
    High priority targets for a militarily superior power intent on containing the Forsaken threat and eventually destroying it.

At this point I'm not certain where Blizzard can take this storyline.

Blizzards refusal to showcase a serious resolution for the Alliance has harmed the story. Varians decision to spare the Horde was necessary from a gameplay point of view....but that still doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

So the question here is.....why promise more of the same when it comes to the Forsaken. This is a story that Blizzard can't ignore any longer. But, like the war with he Orcs, its one which can't really have a satisfactory resolution unless Blizzard is actually willing to make changes. To actually show an impact. If Blizzard can't do that, then the promise to "contain" the Forsaken is going to be seen by Alliance players as yet another broken promise. They already seem to be planning on some changes...in Gilneas at least, and probably Arathi. Anywhere else? Wil we see Dalaran return home?

Are there ways around this? Potentially.

The premise that the necromantic mages powering the Forsaken eventually fade is both logical and already seeded in game. If the Alliance can fully contain the Forsaken and get rid of the Val'kyr - e,g. a deep strike scenario on their corpse processing facility in Deathknell - and stop the Forsaken growing then it may be the case that the Alliance will allow the Forsaken to simply fade away. That it will reclaim Lordaeron as the Forsaken simply die off.

But that is hardly proactive.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-13 at 02:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    it does seem like they are building her up for a boss. she's more hostile than Varian now. she will just either outright die, or become a boss soon. i hope Sylvanas kills her and turns her into a forsaken.
    That would be the greatest troll, fitting for Da Trollin Horde.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Blizz didn't focus on Sylvanas much in MoP, and I think that's why there's this much foreshadowing of future content with her.

Vol'jin pulling her leash to stay out of conflict with the Alliance, Varian pushing harder on various groups (Stromgarde, the GLF, settlers in the Plaguelands) to take more and more land from her. At some point Sylvanas is going to have to either capitulate or break from the Horde. And that'd be a great setup for a 3rd faction either down the line in WoW or in WC4.

- - - Updated - - -

The sane answer would to be phase a single room in Orgrimmar. Garrosh as warchief before the events of SOO, upon finishing SOO or dinging 91 he is replaced with Vol'Jin.

I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes when I enter Grommash Hold and approach Garrosh he fades out for a moment and then in, sort of like phased content has been shown to do.
    I think the phase you're seeing is for after the Twilight Highlands opening chain where a certain NPC is killed.

That would be the easiest option, but Blizz has said they want to do updates to Orgrimmar to reflect the post-Siege city (ruined buildings, more troll arcitecture, that sort of stuff). They'd probably fix Stormwind's crater at the same time.

I doubt we'll see major changes, but updating the storyline to have Vol'jin throwing Krom'gar off the ledge, or having Vol'jin chastise Sylvanas for being too "warmongering" would go a long way to prevent the game's timeline from falling further out of whack.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Varian's decision to spare the Horde
    Please. When you saw Vol'jin stand in the cut-scene, you could almost feel the shit pour from Varian's ass into his armor. It wasn't until he had walked out of beating distance that he turned like a little girl and made his empty threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think "contain Sylvanas" means capturing her OR her sisters. Varian doesn't strike me as subtle: if he wanted to capture Sylvanas, he'd have said that. I think what he meant was fortifying the areas surrounding Forsaken territory to prevent her from expanding. Big difference.

Deleted
    Actually this seems like quite a large and curious coincidence now...Remember the 'Defence of Stromgarde' scenario that was datamined? What if this has something to do with it? It would make sense seeing as the Alliance could garrison a large group of soldiers there and stop Sylvanas pushing further into the Eastern Kingdoms? Ooo o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Actually this seems like quite a large and curious coincidence now...Remember the 'Defence of Stromgarde' scenario that was datamined? What if this has something to do with it? It would make sense seeing as the Alliance could garrison a large group of soldiers there and stop Sylvanas pushing further into the Eastern Kingdoms? Ooo o_o
    Interesting remembering there. We were told it was a testing scenario, but it was fully modeled for Stromgarde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I do not think "contain Sylvanas" means capturing her OR her sisters. Varian doesn't strike me as subtle: if he wanted to capture Sylvanas, he'd have said that. I think what he meant was fortifying the areas surrounding Forsaken territory to prevent her from expanding. Big difference.
    If he wanted to capture Sylvanas, he'd have done so right in the cutscene.

Deleted
    I'm not suprised about this....
    what I AM SUPRISED about is him plannig to put a garrison to Theramore.... i am sorry but the one smart thing garrosh did was to take care of theramore, the position was to dangerusly close to horde territory. twice as terrible since it is the main supplyroute by sea for alliance-forces on kalimdor.
    blowing that place up was military wise just the logical thing to do.

discuss...

Blizz didn't focus on Sylvanas much in MoP, and I think that's why there's this much foreshadowing of future content with her.

Vol'jin pulling her leash to stay out of conflict with the Alliance, Varian pushing harder on various groups (Stromgarde, the GLF, settlers in the Plaguelands) to take more and more land from her. At some point Sylvanas is going to have to either capitulate or break from the Horde. And that'd be a great setup for a 3rd faction either down the line in WoW or in WC4.
    Perhaps there is still hope for her, seeing Alleria Windrunner again alive might make her feel guilty.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think the phase you're seeing is for after the Twilight Highlands opening chain where a certain NPC is killed.

That would be the easiest option, but Blizz has said they want to do updates to Orgrimmar to reflect the post-Siege city (ruined buildings, more troll arcitecture, that sort of stuff). They'd probably fix Stormwind's crater at the same time.

I doubt we'll see major changes, but updating the storyline to have Vol'jin throwing Krom'gar off the ledge, or having Vol'jin chastise Sylvanas for being too "warmongering" would go a long way to prevent the game's timeline from falling further out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    I think this would be a good moment for the Alliance, I mean who doesn't remember doing the groups quests there! I always wondered back in Classic if they would restore that place.
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2020-06-08 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoffyKing View Post
    If you talk to Varian Wyrnn after you defeat Garrosh, He said " investigate cleansing the plague from Gilneas so they could rebuild, and to contain Sylvanas". This foreshadow in my opinion implies that the Alliance will not only capture her but her other two sisters will see her as a forsaken. I see a huge conflict happen very soon!!!! Share you thoughts!!!
    I think you're drawing hasty conclusions based on what you yourself want to happen

I think people are getting their alliance hopes too high. Blizzard isnt about to cut the balls off the horde more then they have by having the forsaken lose most to all their gains from Cata. The alliance may gain some but i think Hillsbrad and WPL are now firmly Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    I'm not suprised about this....
    what I AM SUPRISED about is him plannig to put a garrison to Theramore.... i am sorry but the one smart thing garrosh did was to take care of theramore, the position was to dangerusly close to horde territory. twice as terrible since it is the main supplyroute by sea for alliance-forces on kalimdor.
    blowing that place up was military wise just the logical thing to do.

discuss...
    Ok, Alliance lost an access-port and a teleport-point to Kalimdor (Well, it's still there, but we arrive in a purple-glowy crater), and since the alliance didn't follow through on Stonard ("We won! And now we'll scurry back to our little fort without razing Stonard to the ground because reasons!"), it only stands to reason that we get something back for Theramore, the whole "Gameplay > storyline"-thing again, which made the whole horde-alliance was a hollow farce from the get-go.

I'd have preferred it if Feathermoon stronghold took over Theramore's role though, would allow the night elves to do something useful and right now it's the biggest visible concentration of military forces doing absolutely nothing, but since Feathermoon stronghold isn't a human place this is just a pipe dream...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    Perhaps there is still hope for her, seeing Alleria Windrunner again alive might make her feel guilty.

Chinatown Incoming!
    Given the timing it's more likely gonna be a district for the next new Alliance race in 6.0.