Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Garrosh being set up for redemption?

    Yes another Garrosh thread. Anyways, a lot of people here are speculating Garrosh is going to break off and go evil again. I mean, it's unlikely they let him survive the siege just to be killed later on in a trial. But, why would he be so eager for revenge?

    Look at his face in the cinematic. He's crushed. He can't even muster up the will to say anything. Garrosh, the proud Orc Warrior, has been defeated in combat, and spared the glory of death. The last part is very important. Garrosh lives off 'Victory or Death'; He led the Horde on that ideal alone. But he hasn't been given that, the honourable death every Orc aspires to have.

    That isn't the worst of it, however, Garrosh has done exactly what he was afraid he would do. He turned into his father, leading the Orcs into darkness, giving into a power greater than his own. In Nagrand, he was worried of doing just that, he didn't want to lead the Mag'har because he knew he would do just as his father had done, and bring them to corruption.

    Living right now is a far worth punishment to him than death. He has to go on knowing he was weak enough to lose himself, and that he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. He's going to be just like he was in Nagrand. And that's where Anduin comes in. Anduin still forgives Garrosh, and believes he has a chance to prove himself. Thrall failed in Nagrand because he didn't warn Garrosh of the temptations of power. Now that he knows of it, how would he react to a human prince, who he himself has tried to kill, reaching out to him and trying to help?

    As much as I hate him, this is Garrosh's chance at becoming at actual good character.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    whats going to happen is a legion invasion begins at the end of MoP, and Garrosh sacrifices himself killing a large demon.
    dragonmaw - EU

  3. #3
    well Chris Metzen says hes a Big Sucker for a redemption Storyline. But i highly doubt it with garrosh, with all the work they did on making us hate him with his Racism, Genocide and people labeling him "Hitler"

  4. #4
    I think he'll remain very morally grey, but I do think he'll get a fair amount of redemption. He won't be shouting death threats and making boasts about the "True Horde" from his cell, that's for sure. He's broken and will likely slip into the same apathy and depression he was in when we first met him. He will still very much believe in the supremacy of the Orc race, and the importance of strength, but I think he'll get his honour code back again. If he has a child by Zaela they could act as a means to make him more moral.

    Basically I see Garrosh for the next few expansions, being beaten and broken and looking for another way to live up to his father's legacy.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  5. #5
    I see him break free with a Burning Legion return. Join the Legion, then at the crucial moment betray them and by sacrifice give the horde and alliance the chance to win.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

  6. #6
    BTW, did Vol'jin actually pierce anything? If he didn't pierce the old god heart, that means he has to pierce the hearth of Garrosh eventually, or his words are meaningless.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,324
    If Garrosh was planned to die, then he would die in the siege.
    He did not.

    So this probably mean that he will survive. Imprisoned.
    EU ~ Outland

  8. #8
    Moderator Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    11,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    BTW, did Vol'jin actually pierce anything? If he didn't pierce the old god heart, that means he has to pierce the hearth of Garrosh eventually, or his words are meaningless.
    I don't think so. On normal mode at least, the heart gets destroyed when Garrosh absorbs it all.

    Missed opportunity, and a very glaring one. Disappointing.

  9. #9
    I hope not. I'm REALLY disappoint we don't kill him. There's always next patch.

  10. #10
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    41
    Freed by an old gods forces, due to his abuse of an old gods heart, and corrupted because of his ability to harness an old gods power is my prediction!

  11. #11
    My guess:

    -Garrosh and Anduin will have some sort of moral conversation (as seen in the Timeless Isles)

    -The Pandaren, Horde and Alliance will decide to execute him for warcrimes

    -At the last moment, Anduin will stop them. Some lesson will be learnt about bloodshed and forgiveness.

    -Lessons from Pandaria complete

  12. #12

  13. #13
    There are two reasons I don't believe Garrosh will have a redemption story like his father.

    1) Grom was prideful and arrogant, which lead him to drinking the demon blood. HOWEVER, the demon blood was a full corruption. Similar to the Blood Elves addiction to fel magic, the demon blood created a corruption in the orcs that was similar to an addiction. It would eat at them, and eat at them, and eat at them until eventually they caved to the bloodlust it caused. Garrosh's bloodlust is not caused by the demon blood. It is not a withdrawal. He was not under the sway of the Heart; He in essence controlled it, and even managed to be cleansed of it's power upon his defeat. Garrosh's bloodlust, his racist attitude, his megalomaniac thoughts... They were ALL of his own creation. And we may have crushed his pride, but that won't suddenly change who he is when he's placed with power. IF they plan a redemption story for him, quite frankly he'd have to be a lone wolf who only appears at the last minute. No race in their right mind would give him any power any longer. Which brings me to my next point.

    2) He's literally alienated every race from wanting his help any longer. With Illidan, he was imprisoned because he chose demonic power, but still HELPED HIS RACE in the end. It was a form of exile without true exile, which Malfurion granted him because Illidan was his brother. They freed him because they needed his help again, and it's not like they had reason to mistrust him; He'd helped them in the past after all. Garrosh has not helped anyone in the past. He's taken direct orders from Thrall, and even under those orders, still he managed to piss off the Alliance at every turn. He started pissing off the Horde as soon as he became a leader, and no one in their right mind would even consider him a helpful option from this point forward.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    3,973
    no way to predict, but he is obviously coming back

    he is checkov's villain! if you don't kill a villain he is 100% guaranteed to come back

    i would not care either way per se if he a) escaped and became a horrible threat and returned as a later raid boss using some dark magic in the next expansion or b) was given an oppurtunity to redeam himself and becomes martyred saving us from future threat in the next expansion.

    Eitherway, as long as the writers don't make a hash of it, it could be fun.

  15. #15
    Maiev Shadowsong 2.1

    Probably he'll stay imprisoned for a very long time . Seeing that they did not developed Maiev at all since the Burning Crusade although she was an important character during the Frozen Throne. Oh well ...

    Even if they have plans for Garrosh we won't be seeing new progression on his character for at least 1 expansion .

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    no way to predict, but he is obviously coming back

    he is checkov's villain! if you don't kill a villain he is 100% guaranteed to come back

    i would not care either way per se if he a) escaped and became a horrible threat and returned as a later raid boss using some dark magic in the next expansion or b) was given an oppurtunity to redeam himself and becomes martyred saving us from future threat in the next expansion.

    Eitherway, as long as the writers don't make a hash of it, it could be fun.
    These, if he the story don't look forced... then i'm ok with it, and if he die in the end... i will be really happy

  17. #17
    The Patient sourmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Silvermoon City Casino and Strip Club
    Posts
    248
    Doubt redemption , but another one of those he got away and can't be found to later appear more powerful and evil .

  18. #18
    Brewmaster slackjawsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tell me! where am i!
    Posts
    1,330
    WAIT WAIT Garrosh and Illidan... bestfriends! the return of illidan would be perfect for Garrosh, both imprisoned by their people!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

  19. #19
    I hope not. I love Garrosh as he is/was, and would rather not see his awesomeness butchered by doing a cliche good guy turnaround at the last moment. I would much rather he die sticking to his guns.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yes another Garrosh thread. Anyways, a lot of people here are speculating Garrosh is going to break off and go evil again. I mean, it's unlikely they let him survive the siege just to be killed later on in a trial. But, why would he be so eager for revenge?

    Look at his face in the cinematic. He's crushed. He can't even muster up the will to say anything. Garrosh, the proud Orc Warrior, has been defeated in combat, and spared the glory of death. The last part is very important. Garrosh lives off 'Victory or Death'; He led the Horde on that ideal alone. But he hasn't been given that, the honourable death every Orc aspires to have.

    That isn't the worst of it, however, Garrosh has done exactly what he was afraid he would do. He turned into his father, leading the Orcs into darkness, giving into a power greater than his own. In Nagrand, he was worried of doing just that, he didn't want to lead the Mag'har because he knew he would do just as his father had done, and bring them to corruption.

    Living right now is a far worth punishment to him than death. He has to go on knowing he was weak enough to lose himself, and that he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. He's going to be just like he was in Nagrand. And that's where Anduin comes in. Anduin still forgives Garrosh, and believes he has a chance to prove himself. Thrall failed in Nagrand because he didn't warn Garrosh of the temptations of power. Now that he knows of it, how would he react to a human prince, who he himself has tried to kill, reaching out to him and trying to help?

    As much as I hate him, this is Garrosh's chance at becoming at actual good character.
    Well i always thought something happened to make him turn crazy evil like he did. Two things i will point to that somewhat support my idea. One in cata he killed one of his own generals for bombing a druid target full of women and children. He even quoted saurfang "Honor never forsake it no matter how dire the battle" Now Garrosh from the very end of Cata threw MoP would of not only not cared about it but maybe even praised his general for such a action........what changed?

    Second remember what he says when he is beat? "No, it cannot end like this. What I…what I have seen? Nooooo! This world, is my destiny! My, destiny" Sounds like he has seen some vision of the future maybe where without his actions the orcs were all but wiped out or that his actions were needed to withstand a legion invasion? Now we find out there is a traitor in the bronze dragonflight which leads me to think maybe he showed Garrosh a future that made him change the way he did things to prevent it. I could be wrong in this but i think its at least possible i am somewhat right on this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •