Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Blizzard might be pussyfooters when it comes to 'faction balance and representation', but I doubt that they'd ever go that far to just maintain balance.

I mean, under your logic they'd have done the same for lots of other raid bosses, like Arthas or Death Wing (one who was part of the Alliance at one point, and the other who actually permanently destroyed an entire chunk of Stormwind.)

When it comes to who lorically canned a major bad guy, it's usually just "a group of adventures" with no faction bias. Either that or they do something like "Tirion Fordring defeated Arthas and the players were just low tier retards who got in the way", which I think is a great way of doing the demises of major lore characters, myself.
    Arthas wasn't Alliance. And yes it is usually neutral characters helping us but in this case it would be one or the other. Basically if one faction killed him the other wouldn't get closure, in both lore and gameplay.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-09-14 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    whats going to happen is a legion invasion begins at the end of MoP, and Garrosh sacrifices himself killing a large demon.
    I can see it now!

Garrosh, on one knee, looks up heavily at a Pit Lord looming over him and a group of Pandaren women and children. Stealing himself, pushing off the floor with a single hand, he coughs up blood and shouts to the skys "My son shall NOT carry the sins of his father!", before barreling off into the demon. Lightning crashes, thunder booms and the scene cuts to Zaela giving birth. "It's a boy..." says the Tauren nurse-maid, Zaela sighs happily - And then a Fel Meteor smashes into the building. Cut back to Garrosh, slumping down against the Pit Lord, covered in wounds, Gorhowl broken, eyes slowly closing. "My son..." are the last words that come from his lips, as the Pandaren rush on over in an atempt to save him, but he's already gone.

Flash back to Orgrimmar, with Thrall digging through the ruble, desperately trying to search for survivors. Protected, clutched in Zaela's arms is her and Garrosh's son, still alive, still safe, but now an orphan with bother parents dead. Thrall scoops him on up, as Aggra appears from behind, her son in her own arms. The camera pans back, revealing the devastation caused to Orgrimmar, then flashes to each and every city on Azeroth, all ruined, all pelted by The Legion, demons over-running the streets.

"World of Warcraft: In the Shadow of the Legion" appears on the screen and bang, Garrosh is "redeemed", his son lives on under Thralls tutalage and also allows him to have a rival with Thralls son ^^

Deleted
    Redeemed? No.

Executed or escaping to become the enforcer of a future villain? Yes, although the second choice is a repetition of Illidan and Fandral.

Garrosh's crimes are too big to be redeemed, plus he had no "case" on his own defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Arthas wasn't Alliance.
    Uhhhh.... yes he was?

And yes it is usually neutral characters helping us but in this case it would be one or the other. Basically if one faction killed him the other wouldn't get closure, in both lore and gameplay.
    Neither faction has killed him. It just depends on which faction you, the player, are. If you're Horde, it was the Horde. If you're Alliance, it was the Alliance. Both factions- but at the same time neither- killed him.

Look at his face in the cinematic. He's crushed. He can't even muster up the will to say anything. Garrosh, the proud Orc Warrior, has been defeated in combat
    Sorry but I think you are wrong. to me, he seems more crushed that Thrall has just told him that he is not worthy of the Hellscream name. He now feels like he did back on Draenor but now it is his shame that hurts his family name, not his father.

So they couldn't let Arthas live who was 100 times more interesting character but they let the derp orc live. Seriously this is worst storytelling ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    WAIT WAIT Garrosh and Illidan... bestfriends! the return of illidan would be perfect for Garrosh, both imprisoned by their people!
    Could be cool. Garrosh is held captive on Pandaria by the Shado-Pan awaiting his death warrant. Then (expansion 6.0 intro event) Illidan breaks the Shado-Pan guards and free Garrosh from his cage. Then they leave to Illidan's hideout where Garrosh is assigned as War General or High Commander for the Burning Legion or something.
    And then all lore figures are like: WTF?? Was that Illidan? How did he survive in Black Temple? And such .....
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-09-14 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    So they couldn't let Arthas live who was 100 times more interesting character but they let the derp orc live. Seriously this is worst storytelling ever...
    The difference being that Arthas had damn near become a god, his will literally drove an entire army. You might be able to contain him, at great risk to many who play a part in performing such an act, but his power over the Scourge wouldn't be effected and they would continually fight to free him.

Garrosh is just a man. After getting the old god kicked out him he has no power beyond his fighting prowess. Those who support him do so out of choice and belief that doing so would lead them to glory. After they and Garrosh have had their teeth kicked in those beliefs are shattered.

Unless the pandaren execute Garrosh I'm pretty sure an escape attempt will be made, and he might even have supporters that play a part in it, but Garrosh will never pose the same threat again that he did in Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Could be cool. Garrosh is held captive on Pandaria by the Shadow Pan awaiting his death warrant. Then (expansion 6.0 intro event) Illidan breaks the Shado-Pan duards and free Garrosh from his cage. Then they leave to Illidan's hideout where Garrosh is assigned as War General or High Commander for the Burning Legion or something.
    And then all lore figures are like: WTF?? Was that Illidan? How did he survive in Black Temple? And such .....
    Yes. Yes. Oh dear Blizzard let this happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorny View Post
    Yes. Yes. Oh dear Blizzard let this happen.
    Man'o'man... Then we have to fight a total pissed off Garrosh in one of the upcoming expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Well i always thought something happened to make him turn crazy evil like he did. Two things i will point to that somewhat support my idea. One in cata he killed one of his own generals for bombing a druid target full of women and children. He even quoted saurfang "Honor never forsake it no matter how dire the battle" Now Garrosh from the very end of Cata threw MoP would of not only not cared about it but maybe even praised his general for such a action........what changed?

Second remember what he says when he is beat? "No, it cannot end like this. What I…what I have seen? Nooooo! This world, is my destiny! My, destiny" Sounds like he has seen some vision of the future maybe where without his actions the orcs were all but wiped out or that his actions were needed to withstand a legion invasion? Now we find out there is a traitor in the bronze dragonflight which leads me to think maybe he showed Garrosh a future that made him change the way he did things to prevent it. I could be wrong in this but i think its at least possible i am somewhat right on this.
    Sounds good to me.

Btw, whoever said it, Illidan broke out of his prison, iirc, but Malfurion did indeed "let him go" at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The difference being that Arthas had damn near become a god, his will literally drove an entire army. You might be able to contain him, at great risk to many who play a part in performing such an act, but his power over the Scourge wouldn't be effected and they would continually fight to free him.

Garrosh is just a man. After getting the old god kicked out him he has no power beyond his fighting prowess. Those who support him do so out of choice and belief that doing so would lead them to glory. After they and Garrosh have had their teeth kicked in those beliefs are shattered.

Unless the pandaren execute Garrosh I'm pretty sure an escape attempt will be made, and he might even have supporters that play a part in it, but Garrosh will never pose the same threat again that he did in Mists of Pandaria.
    It was more so Lich King rather then Arthas, the power of Nerzul was strong in this one. When the masked was taken off, he was cleansed of his godlike syndrome. But I might be wrong, even if so, I am sure he would of been able to be treated with some special herbs to make him sane again.

Garrosh ftl, boring endboss, just boring. His lore power was -9000, even Deathwing is better (even though the expac/encounters were poor but still).

Deleted
    Arthas wasn't Alliance.
    Arthas Menethil

Title: Crown Prince of Lordaeron, ...
    Affiliation: Scourge, formerly the Alliance of Lordaeron, ...

He was in the Alliance, as it was before the new known Alliance

Plot twist: We are all prisoners of the Legion in a matrix-like state and Garrosh is Neo trying to wake us up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Plot twist: We are all prisoners of the Legion in a matrix-like state and Garrosh is Neo trying to wake us up.
    Haha, and Zion-master Sargaras has conquered Azeroth centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupremus View Post
    It was more so Lich King rather then Arthas, the power of Nerzul was strong in this one. When the masked was taken off, he was cleansed of his godlike syndrome. But I might be wrong, even if so, I am sure he would of been able to be treated with some special herbs to make him sane again.
    Except that Ner'zhul was mindstabbed/killed by soulless/evil Arthas (after he got rid of his human child good side in his mind) in the Arthas - Rise of the Lich King novel. It taking place before WotLK or at the latest after the Howling Fjord quest where the LK said he was a shaman once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheradon
    Arthas Menethil

Title: Crown Prince of Lordaeron, ...
    Affiliation: Scourge, formerly the Alliance of Lordaeron, ...

He was in the Alliance, as it was before the new known Alliance
    More a point of view thing imho. For some players like myself, he was Old Alliance, not current Alliance (Only Stormwind and Ironforge and since Cata Gilneas being the only ones from the original Old Alliance being part of the new Alliance. The Old Alliance died when Garrithos died, for some sooner). Similar how some seperate Old Horde, Thrall/Vol'jin Horde and Garrosh' "True Horde", while others claiming Horde = Horde and Alliance = Alliance, not caring for the differences.

Deleted
    I hope not. We will surely see him again, but I hope he will still be "the bad guy" when we do.

Deleted
    some people really expect trial and death sentence in WoW? nope, not going to happen.
    If they wanted to kill off Garrosh he would die in a raid, that means Blizzard still have some big plans for him, I'm happy because either you love or hate Garrosh he is awesome lore character now.

I'm pretty sure we'll end up 'needing' him when the time of the visions he's been having comes around.

Will he be 'good'? I hope not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    More a point of view thing imho. For some players like myself, he was Old Alliance, not current Alliance (Only Stormwind and Ironforge and since Cata Gilneas being the only ones from the original Old Alliance being part of the new Alliance. The Old Alliance died when Garrithos died, for some sooner). Similar how some seperate Old Horde, Thrall/Vol'jin Horde and Garrosh' "True Horde", while others claiming Horde = Horde and Alliance = Alliance, not caring for the differences.
    We are saying the same thing. That's why i said before the known new alliance.