Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Incsription "destroyed"?

    Well first to explain why i think this. Inscription was amazing gold making profession if you have a lot of inscribers. I have 5 now and i am able to make about 15-20decks each month, that can net me about 100k profit with few hours invested in those 30 days ( I was buying inks ). So now, in 5.4 there are no new trinkets you can make and "old" ones are bad considering ilvl and the fact you can get same trinkets with much higher ilvl for free in few hours or less, not to mention that you can get 535ilvl trinkets. Thats close to 60ilvl higher. The fact that every profession gets new recipes and new items to make so it will follow progress is Ok, but i dont get it why isnt the same with inscription, considering it is also the crafting profession.

    So is it just me who feels like that?

  2. #2
    Or the fact that you can sell the new major/minor glyphs for ~500-1000 gold for ONE glyph. That my friend, is easy gold.

    Plus, say you are a rogue for example, you still needs 2 trinkets, so the inscription one is still good, due to the Timeless Isle one is unique equipped so they can (if they want to) equip both inscription AND timeless isle one. So it's not worthless really and i think people will still get them from time to time.
    Last edited by Keeft; 2013-09-13 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #3
    You can craft glyphs that are always useful, no?
    http://wow-challenge-blog.tumblr.com/ - Challenge completed: 50 90 characters on one account, none bought.

  4. #4
    The Patient snodeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At work, not working.
    Posts
    338
    You didn't make your millions the first few months of MoP like the rest of us (selling decks)?

  5. #5
    That has always been the case for inscription.

    Scribes were given tons of new glyphs to sell in 5.4. That's where their profits and new recipes were for this patch.

    The fact that Scribes are given the most profitable item in the beginning of each expansion means it's only fair that their profits fall off by the end.

  6. #6
    One could argue that if that little effort could net that much gold, then maybe something is broken with the decks/trinket set up anyway, so 5.4 just balances this out by saying "Yup, you had your chance to make shed loads of gold"

    That, or the argument is you can still sell Glyphs and like most professions have a limit to what you can sell anyway (perhaps not quite as sophisticated as market saturation, but something along those lines).

    Can you still make gold with Inscription? Pretty sure the answer is yes

  7. #7
    Inscription has worked that way its whole existence. Make a shitload of gold though from it at the start of an xpac. Only the actual armor proffesions really get new gear. Alchemy enchanting engineering don't. You still get new glyphs to sell so that's easy gold.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    Or the fact that you can sell the new major/minor glyphs for ~500-1000 gold for ONE glyph. That my friend, is easy gold.

    Plus, say you are a rogue for example, you still needs 2 trinkets, so the inscription one is still good, due to the Timeless Isle one is unique equipped so they can (if they want to) equip both inscription AND timeless isle one. So it's not worthless really and i think people will still get them from time to time.
    You are forgetting the fact that you dont have to be max level in order to max out a profession. So all my inscribers are sitting at lvl85 atm and i really dont have time to level them.

    To make one deck i one month with one inscriber you have to be really lucky since many times you will get double cards and not to mention that some of decks sell for 3k or less, like tanking one. Tiger trinkets still sell for some decent amount, 5k but you still need to be very lucky to get it in one month with one inscriber.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    You didn't make your millions the first few months of MoP like the rest of us (selling decks)?
    I made more then 3 million, but that is not the fact. Fact is the progression and that inscription as a crafting profession dont follow same as other crafting professions.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are forgetting the fact that you dont have to be max level in order to max out a profession. So all my inscribers are sitting at lvl85 atm and i really dont have time to level them.

    To make one deck i one month with one inscriber you have to be really lucky since many times you will get double cards and not to mention that some of decks sell for 3k or less, like tanking one. Tiger trinkets still sell for some decent amount, 5k but you still need to be very lucky to get it in one month with one inscriber.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I made more then 3 million, but that is not the fact. Fact is the progression and that inscription as a crafting profession dont follow same as other crafting professions.
    Uh yeah exactly, and that is why, as the poster stated.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    One could argue that if that little effort could net that much gold, then maybe something is broken with the decks/trinket set up anyway, so 5.4 just balances this out by saying "Yup, you had your chance to make shed loads of gold"

    That, or the argument is you can still sell Glyphs and like most professions have a limit to what you can sell anyway (perhaps not quite as sophisticated as market saturation, but something along those lines).

    Can you still make gold with Inscription? Pretty sure the answer is yes
    Little effort if you have initial investment to but inks and not waste time on picking up flowers and millling them. If you dont have gold to buy inks, then it is no where near small time investment. I need 50inks each day, thats 70+ stacks ( depnding on a herb ). So just to collect 70 stacks it will take 2+ hours not to mention milling time, then making inks. You could spend 4+ hours each day just to get enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Inscription has worked that way its whole existence. Make a shitload of gold though from it at the start of an xpac. Only the actual armor proffesions really get new gear. Alchemy enchanting engineering don't. You still get new glyphs to sell so that's easy gold.
    Alchemy/enchanting work in a different way. As a enchanter on main i made 20K gold since wednesday by D/E timeless items. Also there is a thing called getting new gear, that needs to be enchanted. And if you are raider you need flasks, so there would always be a need for flasks/potions/ enchants...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Uh yeah exactly, and that is why, as the poster stated.
    I know ppl that made much more by selling alchemy mount and they only need one character. I had 7 at the start, I invested 400k to level them to max at the start of MoP and probably close to 300k in the first month for inks.

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    132
    Due to the nature of permanent glyphs, Insc. will never have competitive cash flow this late into an Xpac. Your best option is to sell as many of the new glyphs as you can during the first few weeks until more and more people learn them / find the patterns and the market stabilizes. Of course, shoulder enchants should sell pretty well with new raid content out, but I can't imagine that being your monetary bread and butter.

    Unless Blizz decides to introduce "Greater" decks or something like that during an expansion, the bulk of Inscription's gold will come from the first raid patch where the deck trinkets are (or near) BiS. Honestly, I can't imagine them doing that though since the time/effort to make the trinkets is large enough that they would need to make the trinkets BiS or at least close. That said, Blizz's stance on crafted raid gear these past few xpacs seem to be that it's good, but raid drops are better (either in terms of ilevel or itemization). Take the new BS and LW stuff for instance. Sure, they'll be BiS for your casual Flex / LFR crowd so there will be *some* market for them (bear in mind it takes 3-4 weeks to make them without using the DE Spirits of War) but I can't imagine too many normal or heroic raiders bothering with them.

    All that being said, I'm worried about Insc in the next xpac. In Cata and MoP Insc received pretty big revamps, giving us options for profit aside from the trinkets. With the way they're trying to make glyphs optional and not have any particular "best" glyphs, we already have TONS of glyphs to learn - it's getting to absolutely silly proportions in my opinion. Couple that with making glyphs permanent, and I don't see all that good of a future for us in the next expansion aside from trinkets, shoulder enchants, and possible caster offhands / staffs.

  12. #12
    what a cry baby. Not ha[[y from making fast money thus far? QQ more m8.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Spellweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    Or the fact that you can sell the new major/minor glyphs for ~500-1000 gold for ONE glyph. That my friend, is easy gold.

    Plus, say you are a rogue for example, you still needs 2 trinkets, so the inscription one is still good, due to the Timeless Isle one is unique equipped so they can (if they want to) equip both inscription AND timeless isle one. So it's not worthless really and i think people will still get them from time to time.
    Except that rogue could just grab the Ghost Iron Dragonling, get the 496 gear from the Timeless Isle and the run the first part of ToT LFR to hit friendly with the Shado-Pan Assault. Then he'd be able to buy a 522 trinket with some VP.

    Though, I agree with the new glyphs part.

    WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,810
    I have made it by this expansion on 120k, of course I have all the professions across all my toons maxed out so the auction house i need not.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    what a cry baby. Not ha[[y from making fast money thus far? QQ more m8.
    I bet you haven't spent 5min reading, w8 not even a min. I'm happy with the gold i made, I'm SAYING that inscription doesnt follow progression since YOU CAN GET SAME ONLY MUCH BETTER items from new area. Thus crating old trinkets is a waste. It would be like lets say you can craft now 553 item and on the isle you can get a free 580ilvl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have made it by this expansion on 120k, of course I have all the professions across all my toons maxed out so the auction house i need not.
    You made what? I had 1 inscriber and I leveled 6 more from 0-600....

  16. #16
    There's 40 new glyphs, sell those.

    Beyond which inscription has always been like this - it is the most profitable profession at the start of an xpac by a long way if you have your deck making organised, then it tapers off and other professions catch up. It is a degree of balance, in that it averages out, otherwise you'd have inscription as a crazy money making machine all the time - which is not really great for the game, economy or other professions.

    Seriously, sell glyphs - your mistake is acting like the decks are the only thing worthwhile in inscription. They aren't. If you're not able to make gold out of inscription, don't blame Blizzard - look at what you're doing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Little effort if you have initial investment to but inks and not waste time on picking up flowers and millling them. If you dont have gold to buy inks, then it is no where near small time investment. I need 50inks each day, thats 70+ stacks ( depnding on a herb ). So just to collect 70 stacks it will take 2+ hours not to mention milling time, then making inks. You could spend 4+ hours each day just to get enough.
    The majority of large scale scribes are using the consortium key sender to manage their milling, often on a second account, and have agreements with herbers/farmers to buy their gatherings in bulk for cheaper than the ah price of herbs.

    It is a large amount of milling, but it is also something that needs to be done. It's a 'time is money' scenario - you can get around the time investment by throwing money at the problem e.g. by buying inks, but it will impact on your future profits. It seems to me like you haven't done your research or used a particularly good setup, and now you're annoyed it isn't profiting (or didn't profit) in the way you thought it should. That's not really Blizzard's fault.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-09-14 at 02:28 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    The fact that every profession gets new recipes and new items to make so it will follow progress is Ok, but i dont get it why isnt the same with inscription, considering it is also the crafting profession.

    So is it just me who feels like that?
    Really? Pretty sure JC hasn't gotten any new recipes this expansion. It's just the same gems over and over much like Inscription has same glyphs, but actually has gotten a few new ones.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Really? Pretty sure JC hasn't gotten any new recipes this expansion. It's just the same gems over and over much like Inscription has same glyphs, but actually has gotten a few new ones.
    Somebody never needs to buy the same glyph twice on a character while they will need a new gem almost every time they get a new piece of gear.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well first to explain why i think this. Inscription was amazing gold making profession if you have a lot of inscribers. I have 5 now and i am able to make about 15-20decks each month, that can net me about 100k profit with few hours invested in those 30 days ( I was buying inks ). So now, in 5.4 there are no new trinkets you can make and "old" ones are bad considering ilvl and the fact you can get same trinkets with much higher ilvl for free in few hours or less, not to mention that you can get 535ilvl trinkets. Thats close to 60ilvl higher. The fact that every profession gets new recipes and new items to make so it will follow progress is Ok, but i dont get it why isnt the same with inscription, considering it is also the crafting profession.

    So is it just me who feels like that?
    Didn't you guys just get a new set of glyphs to craft for people?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I bet you haven't spent 5min reading, w8 not even a min. I'm happy with the gold i made, I'm SAYING that inscription doesnt follow progression since YOU CAN GET SAME ONLY MUCH BETTER items from new area. Thus crating old trinkets is a waste. It would be like lets say you can craft now 553 item and on the isle you can get a free 580ilvl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    .
    Big deal you have made your money and as you claim more than any other profession. It is a licence to print money as you know at thebeginning of an expansion, so why be such a drama queen? If its that bad, then retrain or just suck it up, compete on the new glyphs and shoulder enchants like everyone else. I cant believe you arent embarssed to make such a complaint consider the millions you will have made. Wait for next expansion and do it all again.

    What it seems you are crying about is that you cnat make the obscene amounts of easy money you were making previously.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Really? Pretty sure JC hasn't gotten any new recipes this expansion. It's just the same gems over and over much like Inscription has same glyphs, but actually has gotten a few new ones.

    Correct but he is intent on complaining even though he doesnt understand how hard it can be for some oher professions. Btw I have inscription and i'd be embarassed to complain about it like the OP becaise I accept its been a real moneymaker and has a different profit making pattern that is front loaded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •