Resto Advice Please (10man)

I would like to make my OS resto in order to benefit my raid group (10 man), but I would like a bit of advice. My Main spec is Enhance, and until recent I haven't ever had a need for a Raid Functional OS. Generally my healing experience is LFR/Randoms simply for the faster Que time. But our first night of SoO and 2 of our Main Healers couldn't make it so i had to last minute step in. Currently my Resto gear isn't optimal being mainly LFR gear, and before raiding on Tuesday my OS was Elemental. So alot of my pieces are Gemmed for that. So I plan to have it all ready by next weeks lock out. I have read the sticky, but aside from the basic info it seems outdated for 5.4.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayaan/advanced
    Is my armory and I should be logged out in my Resto Gear.

Our Healing Comp generally is a Holy Paly, Resto Druid, and Holy Priest with a disc OS.
    My plan is this bring my Spirit up to 12k just for better mana totem. After that Prioritizing Crit while keeping Haste above 9k for extra ticks and faster heals.

I heal using Grid and Mouseover Macros. My Talents probably aren't going to change. Glyphs are going to be Riptide/Fire Ele/Healing totem.

Couple questions...
    Ascendance how do I make the best of this throughput wise as a raid CD?
    The Legendary cloak can I get it for my Offspec, while still having it for my Mainspec?

I am going in the right direction? Any Additional advice is welcome, I haven't really thought about resto in a long time. The last time I was actually a healer was back in ToC. My goal is to be able to hold my own. Thanks

For starters, 9k haste is way too much in 10man. You'll rarely use healing rain (apart from the odd boss such as Thok etc.). Personally I'm sitting at 3500 haste (3900-ish for non-goblins) for the extra ticks on both HTT and HST. The breakpoint is actually 3764 - but you should have more than this as it's dependant on your ping to actually get the extra tick.

If you're the kinda shaman that spams riptide a lot you could go for the 5676 breakpoint, but with CH being so strong as it is atm i'd advice against it.

Obviously you could get the 7613 breakpoint for stacked up fights, but it's usually not worth it.

In short there are 2 ways to play resto efficiently in 10man, one is spirit"stacking", the other is critstacking. It's all down to preference - either relying on crit for mana regen or spirit. If you're raiding with a disc priest I'd recommend spirit, as any crits will overheal 80% of the time - if the priest is doing their job. Although I'd never go above 15k spirit in 10man.

Another thing to consider during progression if you're 2-healing is mastery. Mastery can be very good if you're 2-healing without a disc, you'll be able to top off tanks so easily. Although you shouldn't sacrifice too much for it.

Basic stat prio for 10man is int>spirit till comfortable/crit till comfortable>haste to breakpoint>crit/mastery depending on fight mechanics and how many other you're healing with>haste.

Usually when you want to use Ascendance when people are grouped up, as it has a 20 yard range. - which also means that you should UE+HR before you activate it. If you're forced to use it when you're not grouped up, try to spam spells on the tanks (or whoever is close to other people). This Also works great with glyph of chaining which is more or less mandatory for most 10man fights.

Another thing you should consider is getting the glyph of recall totems thingy, instead of your fire ele glyph - so you'll get 100% of the totem cost back. Using this right before the tick of HST will grant you loads of mana back - or right before your elementals are about to end. There's weakauras and what not to get timers on this somewhere on the internets!

And yes, you can have both cloaks at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post
    I would like to make my OS resto in order to benefit my raid group (10 man), but I would like a bit of advice. My Main spec is Enhance, and until recent I haven't ever had a need for a Raid Functional OS. Generally my healing experience is LFR/Randoms simply for the faster Que time. But our first night of SoO and 2 of our Main Healers couldn't make it so i had to last minute step in. Currently my Resto gear isn't optimal being mainly LFR gear, and before raiding on Tuesday my OS was Elemental. So alot of my pieces are Gemmed for that. So I plan to have it all ready by next weeks lock out. I have read the sticky, but aside from the basic info it seems outdated for 5.4.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayaan/advanced
    Is my armory and I should be logged out in my Resto Gear.

Our Healing Comp generally is a Holy Paly, Resto Druid, and Holy Priest with a disc OS.
    My plan is this bring my Spirit up to 12k just for better mana totem. After that Prioritizing Crit while keeping Haste above 9k for extra ticks and faster heals.

I heal using Grid and Mouseover Macros. My Talents probably aren't going to change. Glyphs are going to be Riptide/Fire Ele/Healing totem.

Couple questions...
    Ascendance how do I make the best of this throughput wise as a raid CD?
    The Legendary cloak can I get it for my Offspec, while still having it for my Mainspec?

I am going in the right direction? Any Additional advice is welcome, I haven't really thought about resto in a long time. The last time I was actually a healer was back in ToC. My goal is to be able to hold my own. Thanks
    Ascendance: Unleash Life, Healing Rain, pop Ascendance, spam heals
    Legendary Cloak: Yep, get one for each spec. I too have the healer cloak for mainspec and the dps-cloak for offspec. I loooove how the procs look!

Your reforging is a bit all over the place, I think. Reforging out of mastery in one place, reforging into mastery in another place... perhaps an ele-item that you're using in your resto-spec? The gemming isn't optimal either what with all the pure haste gems, but if you need those for ele, it'll have to do. None of these things will make or break a boss fight though.

You already said you want more spirit; a good haste breakpoint is 7613; maaaaaybe one could consider going for the extra HST tick that you'll grab, depending on latency, somewhere around 9000 haste (don't you just hate the bugginess of totem breakpoints). I'm still a bit hesitant myself to go for it, but maybe I'll be in the mood for some reforge-shenanigans this weekend ^^

Crit still performs better than mastery on 10-man. At least in normal mode. I seriously expect it to be no different when we - hopefully, providing that Garrosh keels over - step into heroic next week.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8...c-988749d268a0

Here's how I would gear if I were you. My general strategy is to get Spirit to somewhere I'm comfortable with (which I found with LMG/Horridon/Shado-Pan) to be around 11-13k depending on the fight. Since your trinkets are a bit worse you should aim a bit higher for Spirit. After that I go full crit, disregarding haste breakpoints because I remain unconvinced they really benefit you more than crit in 10 mans. Once you get the healer legendary cloak it will be a massive upgrade for you.