Thread: [Brm] Trinkets

[Brm] Trinkets

Okey so this tier there are some interesting trinkets. Ask Mr.Robot has the traditional stat/agi ones as BiS. It must be hard to model the other ones though...what do you guys think?

There's the one from Rook, with the aoe damage reduction and stam. That looks like crap immediately....reduced aoe for 15s only? I passed on it this week.

There's the one from Iron Juggernaut that has Lifesteal and Dodge. Now that looks interesting....I don't like the huge amount of dodge, but the lifesteal will scale with damage. It's not useful against spikiness but it is useful against constant damage streams. Maybe even fun for solo play?

There's the CD reduction one from Malkorok. Again Stamina! and CD reduction. Fort Brew/Guard are the biggest advantages in that case. I admit I don't use Fort Brew enough hehe...I sit on it for bad situations. Guard is useful all the time. Clash is interesting this tier because we can actually use it on some fights!

I think that's the 3 of 'em. Thoughts?

Edit: forgot that it's dodge on the second one. Also curse of hubris from garrosh should get an honorable mention. It's the same huge amount of stam but with an on-use crit buff.
    Last edited by Caeth; 2013-09-13 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22322027

Not much else needs to be said. I'm going w/ RoRo + TED as a core and will see about picking up Thok's or some of the AoE trinkets as DPS alternatives.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'll probably go with Harom's and Ticking Ebon. Both have very large agi procs, one gives me mitigation from mastery and the other gives me increased dps via the multi-strike feature. I can't see myself using any stamina trinkets.

edit: Perhaps if I had a RoRo that wasn't 530, and was maybe a heroic version I would keep it the entire tier. I don't know. We'll see. I'm def. picking up both of those trinkets to use though.

yeah, sureal's link, or if you want even more thoughts on them (where i completely forget about Thok's):
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22309563

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    edit: Perhaps if I had a RoRo that wasn't 530, and was maybe a heroic version I would keep it the entire tier. I don't know. We'll see. I'm def. picking up both of those trinkets to use though.
    Looking at Nazgrim it was up 31.6% of the time with the 530 version, not a shabby amount to have 100% crit or immune to physical dmg. Still going to work on getting the HC version on our off nights.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

ha i never even considered thok's. ugh I have roro but never really bothered with it in tank spec. if i use it should i set up a notify when it procs? or just go with the flow?

You should definitely have a weak aura or something tracking RoRo as either the crit proc or the mastery proc should result in an immediate change in play style. When the mastery proc happens you should basically do virtually nothing defensive and use it to catch up on your guard CD, stack EB up, etc, because it would be almost impossible to die with the mastery proc up. If you're proccing crit with it, you'll want to immediately use EB unless it's already up (because you're going to crit every attack for a while) and if it's already up, you might want to cancel it for the Staggering proc, knowing you're going to just get 15 stacks right back, and try to do as much damage as you can for those seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Elvui and RoRo is one of the few Aura's I haven't blacklisted to appear above my health bar + turning into a glowy blue ghost panda is usually pretty obvious. Probably could add to my WA but pretty used to it this way so meh.

Lairpie already covered how to adjust your play with it and also keep in mind unless you do the un-equip trick you will get a proc on the pull. If mastery it's a nice boost to that early fight ramp up (Seems it will be good on HC Malkorok so you don't get shielded with a chunk of HP missing) but if Crit keep in mind you wont have any EB stacks to use during the proc, also have to remember you'll be starting the fight with 0 haste initially.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Looking at Nazgrim it was up 31.6% of the time with the 530 version, not a shabby amount to have 100% crit or immune to physical dmg. Still going to work on getting the HC version on our off nights.
    I must really get the low end of the procs, between 21-25% uptime. I honestly don't know if we'll ever go back and do LS again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the advantage of running 25m it was easy to find 10 of our 30 something raiders that wanted to go back if anything to also finish up their meta's but probably use our off night to work on SoO more since we only got 9/14 during regular raid hours.
    [/URL]

ok I'm intrigued enough now to try it.