Deleted

"Destroy the Frozen Throne, or face my eternal wrath" - Kil'Jaeden

Hello guys, I hope you remember this part, from back in Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne. At the end of the Human campaign, Illidan celebrates his victory over Magtheridon in Outland, when Kil'Jaeden arrives and gives him an ultimatum - ''Destroy the Frozen Throne, or face my eternal wrath".

Now, as you guys know, in the end, Arthas manages to successfully save the Frozen Throne, and stop Illidan from destroying it. Which means Illidan failed his mission.

Now, moving forward - to World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade - we see Illidan in the Black Temple, ruling over Outland happily and peacefully.

My question is, he didn't really face any ''wrath'' of Kil'Jaeden, did he? I mean, was it a fake threat all from the beginning? KJ blackmailing Illidan with a fake threat since he couldn't really do anything to the Demon Hunter? Or did he just give up punishing Illidan for his failure?

That's something I didn't really understand, but maybe there are details that I've missed, and I'd like to be clarified here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that was somewhat lost in the overall muddy storytelling of BC was that the Legion was invading Outland, not Azeroth. We were involved only because the Dark Portal had re-opened.

It's quite likely had we not been there, the Legion would have crushed the Illidari.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Hmm it does make sense. So the Legion was probably sent by Kil'Jaeden to invade Outland and destroy Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Hmm it does make sense. So the Legion was probably sent by Kil'Jaeden to invade Outland and destroy Illidan.
    Yes, Kil'Jaeden is the leader of the Burning Legion, he sends them to do his bidding.

A great reference for how this began (Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde and Velen) is in the novel "Rise of the Horde".

Everything Illidan did (post-failure) was because he was scared. He knew Kil'Jaeden's wrath would be his end. Ultimately, he did meet his demise from his actions - albeit not directly at the hands of Kil'Jaeden himself. One could say, Kil'Jaeden WAS his ultimate demise!

He will be back to face more wrath.

The large fel reaver in front of the Black Temple has actually been send by Kil'Jaeden to break down his temple, but for the rest Kil'Jaeden didn't really bother with Illidan, since he had much bigger plans to bother with.

Also, allowing Illidan to live is a perfect distraction for the adventurers to work their way towards him, while Kil'Jaeden is preparing his invasion in the Sunwell patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Key words, "eternal wrath" Illidan is subject to the eternal wrath of Kil'Jadeden.

Illidan was killed at the end of Black Temple, while Kil'Jaeden ends ups surviving the failed Sunwell Invasion. I have very little doubt that KJ has has the demon based magical power/know-how to pull Illidan's vanquished spirit right out of the Nether and therefore force punishment upon Illidan's spirit.

Could this be the possible plot line (return of Illidan!) for a future expansion?? Pretty sure Illidan has been mentioned by Blizz as a very popular character they would LOVE to reintroduce in some form or fashion.

While I really really liked Illidan, I just want him to stay dead. His legacy is pretty solid, I'd hate for them to screw it up.

Deleted
    Why did Kil'Jaeden even need to destroy the Frozen Throne. How exactly is Ner'zhul a threat to the Burning Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Why did Kil'Jaeden even need to destroy the Frozen Throne. How exactly is Ner'zhul a threat to the Burning Legion?
    The Scourge became too powerful for the Legion to control, so being rid of the Lich King before he could be freed was a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    While I really really liked Illidan, I just want him to stay dead. His legacy is pretty solid, I'd hate for them to screw it up.
    What legacy? Worst story ever, he was a good guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish for a warcraft 4

Deleted
    illidan will get killing blow on kil'jaedan when we finally kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    What legacy? Worst story ever, he was a good guy...
    He was an antihero, not a protagonist. Making bad choices for the right reasons doesn't make you a "good guy," even disregarding what he did in Outland. That's what made him so much more interesting than Malfurion, he wanted to do the right thing a lot of the time, but went about doing it the wrong way.

Screw Malfurian give me Illidan back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm are you ignoring the fact that their is a very large and intimidating fel reaver knocking on his front door? :S

The entire outland plot around illidan was that he was building an army to defend against kj's wrath however we went to outland killed off his defense then killed him :P