Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ji Firepaw, Aysa Cloudsinger, Thalen Songweaver

I wanted them to have some sort of role in the siege but turns out Blizzard had forgotten about them

Expect Jin and Aysa to never be mentioned again, like Velen, Gallywix, Lorthemar before 5.1, Greymane, or Mekkatorque

Ji does show up in the raid though, there's an achievement to break him out of a cage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jin?
    His name is Ji firepaw, and yeah Aysa said something about them going back to the Wandering Isle and if they might still have other Pandaren join the Horde or Alliance afterwards is beyond me.
    Hope we get to revisit the Wandering Isle.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    I'm also disappointed that Ji and Aysa didn't really play much of a role and I was surprised that Thalen disappeared as well. I think they might be saving him for next expansion as a personal villain for Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Jin?
    His name is Ji firepaw.
    Shows just how important he is.

I think that Blizzard dropped the ball with the Wandering Isle Pandaren story. Not only is there nothing about it after you leave the Isle, but the story itself makes no sense. I just can't believe that a Pandaren could possibly join the Horde, get told that he has to slaughter his loved ones on the other side, and just be like, "Oh yeah okay." I know that someone's going to get mad and call me out on this, saying that there's more to it - and I realize that there is - but even including those details I feel like it was a weak overall story. Noble in attempts to get Pandaren in on both sides, but it was a mess. Because of that mess, the Pandaren "leaders" had no power and ultimately were forgotten.

Speaking of which, I wonder what will happen with the Horde Pandaren intro come next expac. Knowing Blizzard, they'll keep it the same and pull the "imagine you're back in time" card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Songweaver would've made a good mini boss. It would've made perfect sense for him to run away to Garrosh's protection when the Sunreavers (which he'd been banished as a traitor from in ToW) came back to Silvermoon.

Thalen Songweaver tell his grandchildren in Silvermoon such as helped destroy Theramore

Gallywix is in the Horde Cinematic thats about it for him..but we do know he has a model now at least.
    Songweaver will probably show up on the Future,maybe as a villain in a dungeon ..Kael lite.
    I saw your title, and was fully intending on coming here to deliver the verbal equivalent of a punch in the dick.
    -TheWerebison

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why they need to not create anymore races for the next expansion. They need to work on the races they already have.

Pandaren had less development than other races did in their own expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Pandaren had less development than other races did in their own expansion.
    i agree with that statment, The only pandas that got Alot of Development, Was the ones in Pandria. The wandering Isle ones are just when you finish the Zone The end. I was REALLY annoyed when i got to Pandria, on my panda shaman to do the Lorewalker Cho Quests in Jade forest to hear him say "Oh we havent seen Any of your kind for thousands of years" Er... im a panda Cho... there everywhere here? I was also annoyed when you did the "Ancestors" quest in Jade forest. When it came to showing i was a "wandering isle" panda, it bugged out, and nothing showed. Which just sums it all up. When you leave Wandering Isle, your no longer a panda apparently, just a furry orc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read something about the girl panda freeing the boy panda or something? 0o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

I think that Blizzard dropped the ball with the Wandering Isle Pandaren story. Not only is there nothing about it after you leave the Isle, but the story itself makes no sense. I just can't believe that a Pandaren could possibly join the Horde, get told that he has to slaughter his loved ones on the other side, and just be like, "Oh yeah okay." I know that someone's going to get mad and call me out on this, saying that there's more to it - and I realize that there is - but even including those details I feel like it was a weak overall story. Noble in attempts to get Pandaren in on both sides, but it was a mess. Because of that mess, the Pandaren "leaders" had no power and ultimately were forgotten.

Speaking of which, I wonder what will happen with the Horde Pandaren intro come next expac. Knowing Blizzard, they'll keep it the same and pull the "imagine you're back in time" card.
    I think that things might have gone differently if Blizzard had followed their original plans with the Huojin and Tushui. On the behind the scenes DVD, I think it was, they mentioned that the Wandering Isle storyline was originally going to revolve around a more serious feud breaking out between the two schools, and they were going to have a cutscene where Ji and Aysa fought one another.

Even if they didn't want to go that route, I think it would've made more sense if Ji and Aysa had acted as the leaders of the Horde and Alliance shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, with some recurring roles in earlier zones, showing the Huojin and Tushui in conflict, and their struggles with fighting one another. Ji could have been more like Dezco, one of the characters that helps push for the rebellion to end Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

Absolutely agreed. The only reason I hate Garrosh so much is because of the Huojin pandaren intro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    i agree with that statment, The only pandas that got Alot of Development, Was the ones in Pandria. The wandering Isle ones are just when you finish the Zone The end. I was REALLY annoyed when i got to Pandria, on my panda shaman to do the Lorewalker Cho Quests in Jade forest to hear him say "Oh we havent seen Any of your kind for thousands of years" Er... im a panda Cho... there everywhere here? I was also annoyed when you did the "Ancestors" quest in Jade forest. When it came to showing i was a "wandering isle" panda, it bugged out, and nothing showed. Which just sums it all up. When you leave Wandering Isle, your no longer a panda apparently, just a furry orc?
    Yeah, that was weak sauce. I was excited about being a Pandaren going to Pandaria until I read that line from Cho. After getting no racial lore for 75 levels, I get treatd to being something different from a continent full of Pandaren. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, that was weak sauce. I was excited about being a Pandaren going to Pandaria until I read that line from Cho. After getting no racial lore for 75 levels, I get treatd to being something different from a continent full of Pandaren. Awesome!
    Aye thats my Point, i know azeroth outland, and northrend are different Expansions, but when i reached Pandria, i expected something different for my Panda. Maybe a only Racial quest for pandas, when they find out more Lore, or a Elder like Cho, Acts different to your character or Your panda character helps bridge the trust between Pandria Pandas, and alliance/horde. but NOPE Cho just says hes not seen anyone of your kind for thousands of year (despite being a panda) and you get a broken Quest scene. And another thing, i believe the other Scenes are all voice acted, but panda isnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thalen? What about Aethus? There were so many hints that there was more behind his part in the Dalaran incident than he admitted. I'm hoping some of this might be revealed in 5.5, but alas, its probably been shoved under a rug with many other subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    Thalen? What about Aethus? There were so many hints that there was more behind his part in the Dalaran incident than he admitted. I'm hoping some of this might be revealed in 5.5, but alas, its probably been shoved under a rug with many other subjects
    Aethas help in the battle in the bay.
    you have to read more lore about Aethas, he was always crap pro alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even remember who Thalen Songweaver is. Ji and Aysa hopefully get out of this conflict, too likeable of characters.

Both Ji and Aysa are in the raid, just before the Dark Shaman encounter.