Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Aye thats my Point, i know azeroth outland, and northrend are different Expansions, but when i reached Pandria, i expected something different for my Panda. Maybe a only Racial quest for pandas, when they find out more Lore, or a Elder like Cho, Acts different to your character or Your panda character helps bridge the trust between Pandria Pandas, and alliance/horde. but NOPE Cho just says hes not seen anyone of your kind for thousands of year (despite being a panda) and you get a broken Quest scene. And another thing, i believe the other Scenes are all voice acted, but panda isnt.
    But Cho is correct, there haven't been any Wandering Isle Pandaren on Pandaria for thousands of years. There's a difference between Pandaria Pandaren and the ones that come from the Wandering Isle, it's just that the ingame model doesn't reflect this. (as it'd only be minor differences, at most.)

The ones on Pandaria (mainly Tushui) thought the ones that wanted to explore the world beyond the mists (mainly Huojin) to be crazy.
    They left Pandaria on the back of the Turtle about 10,000 years ago. The ones on the Isle have been living a different life for a very long time, compared to the ones on Pandaria.

Unless you forgot that your Pandaren character has never been to Pandaria.

Though, I do agree that the Wandering Isle Pandaren lore has been lackluster.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Shows just how important he is.

I think that Blizzard dropped the ball with the Wandering Isle Pandaren story. Not only is there nothing about it after you leave the Isle, but the story itself makes no sense. I just can't believe that a Pandaren could possibly join the Horde, get told that he has to slaughter his loved ones on the other side, and just be like, "Oh yeah okay." I know that someone's going to get mad and call me out on this, saying that there's more to it - and I realize that there is - but even including those details I feel like it was a weak overall story. Noble in attempts to get Pandaren in on both sides, but it was a mess. Because of that mess, the Pandaren "leaders" had no power and ultimately were forgotten.

Speaking of which, I wonder what will happen with the Horde Pandaren intro come next expac. Knowing Blizzard, they'll keep it the same and pull the "imagine you're back in time" card.
    Blizzard has said in the past that they do things for gameplay reasons over story reasons. In this case their desire to give the Pandaren to both factions lead to some really goofy story points like the one you mentioned. The thing about the Pardaren story that bugs me the most is the fact that everyone you meet on Pardaria still act like you are a member of some alien race. It's not like the ones from the Wandering Isle look any different then the ones still on Pandaria. I really wish they would have put some effort to at least change some of the quest dialog to reflect that.

As for the intro, I believe Blizzard has already said that the new Warchief will only be reflected in game for players over level 90 and Garrosh will still be in place until then. Otherwise they would have to redo a bunch of the leveling quests as well like the ones in Silverpine and Stonetalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshadowz View Post
    Gallywix is in the Horde Cinematic thats about it for him..but we do know he has a model now at least.
    Why do people keep saying this? Gallywix has been shown in-game since Cataclysm Day 1. He plays a major role in the Goblin starting zones. Sure, he disappears afterwards but he's always had an in-game model. I suppose people get confuse because it's completely different from the concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    But Cho is correct, there haven't been any Wandering Isle Pandaren on Pandaria for thousands of years. There's a difference between Pandaria Pandaren and the ones that come from the Wandering Isle, it's just that the ingame model doesn't reflect this. (as it'd only be minor differences, at most.)

The ones on Pandaria (mainly Tushui) thought the ones that wanted to explore the world beyond the mists (mainly Huojin) to be crazy.
    They left Pandaria on the back of the Turtle about 10,000 years ago. The ones on the Isle have been living a different life for a very long time, compared to the ones on Pandaria.

Unless you forgot that your Pandaren character has never been to Pandaria.

Though, I do agree that the Wandering Isle Pandaren lore has been lackluster.
    I was about to say this, myself.

People need to understand that culturally, the Pandaren from the Wandering Isle are fairly different from the ones in Pandaria. Though, it's also true to say the Wandering Isle Pandaren have had little to no development. They're said to be culturally different, yet it's not shown at all.

Ji and Aysa are both in the raid, what are you talking about? Ji Firepaw, who has been in Orgrimmar all expansion, apparently stood up to the Kor'kron, and you save him from being killed in the raid. Aysa comes in once he is saved and there is some RP text.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will join the abyss with

Magatha grimtotem, neptulon, gallywix (who gets a random guest spot in the cinematic), the greymane family (other than genn who is mentioned by varian and appears in the timless isle cut scene), Malfuiron after ragnaros, venasaur, akama, and more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Aethas help in the battle in the bay.
    you have to read more lore about Aethas, he was always crap pro alliance
    Ahhh you speak truth, hadn't gotten that far into everything with Siege yet. University started back up, and alas, I must now do homework instead of drooling at the computer digging around for wow lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    Ahhh you speak truth, hadn't gotten that far into everything with Siege yet. University started back up, and alas, I must now do homework instead of drooling at the computer digging around for wow lore.
    sorry Mr. social life only answer over Aethas
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2013-09-15 at 06:37 AM.