Whats the stuff i need to watch out for against mop rogues?

Hey, the title basicly says it all. I played a rogue in wotlk, but they changed a lot. What i take out of a rogue fight is:

Opener- Silence, stun, some dmg vanish.

Reopen- silence some dmg blind, stealth- sap

Reopen- silence some stun ( well slowly im dying, ok trinket) - stun-dmg-cos

Preparation- vanish- reopen silence blabla...

Ok wtf, when am i supposed to do something between all those immunities, sap, vanish, silence and so on?

Back in the days it was easier, just trinket full kidney with shadowdance. But now really... Where is my window to breath and live for a while, maybe even put some pressure on him?

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with the rogue class imo.

If you make them viable in group pvp, they become OP in 1v1 coz they have too much control.

Deleted
    Telling me what class you are playing helps :P I play a monk and rogues are free kills if they dont pussy out with prep vanish

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Telling me what class you are playing helps :P I play a monk and rogues are free kills if they dont pussy out with prep vanish
    Dumb rogues are free kills .

rogue's when they are having fun, no else is.

that is the real problem with rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    It would help if we could know what class/spec you play currently. Or are you talking in general? In general the first 30ish seconds is just a survival match, know not to trinket sap (a lot of new pvpers do that) and learn when to trinket the right stun. If you are a caster, get really good at juking spells (acting like you are going to cast and then stopping the cast which will, hopefully, make them use their kick ability.)

After that 30 secondish period..its all about offense. And looking for that right spot to burst hard. But that's about with everything in pvp anyways, just some general tips I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    We really need to know your class, most classes can beat a rogue when played correctly.

Rogues have been trash for 95% of this exp you need to worry about everyone else.

Archiul's guide to kill rogues here. I've been perfecting this since wotlk and works like a charm EVERYTIME. You don't kill a rogue when he/she has CD's. There are some pointers:
    Never use your trinket if the rogue has blind up -gives him another opening-
    Don't use major CD's if the rogue has a vanish up -you'll waste them-
    DOTS! If you can make them bleed, that's even better.
    You should always try to CC the offensive CD's. Don't go toe-to-toe, don't blow defensives. Use CC's to shut the offensives up
    When the rogue goes out of cooldowns and you somehow survived, blow everything and kill him in 2 seconds.

This works better than it should

I find that after 5.4 landed the buffed Paralytic Poison procs too often. I nerf would be in order. Either keep the proc rate but reduce the stuns duration to 1 second or put it back to procing on 5 applications. Right now it feels like you are fighting mace spec rogues again.

I'm surprised Paralytic poison made it to live, especially after the reasoning given for removing mace stun procs.
    RETH

Deleted
    Its hard for us to tell you how to react if we dont know what class / spec you are

Ya, should have mentioned. I play a MW monk and a SP

Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    Archiul's guide to kill rogues here. I've been perfecting this since wotlk and works like a charm EVERYTIME. You don't kill a rogue when he/she has CD's. There are some pointers:
    Never use your trinket if the rogue has blind up -gives him another opening-
    Don't use major CD's if the rogue has a vanish up -you'll waste them-
    DOTS! If you can make them bleed, that's even better.
    You should always try to CC the offensive CD's. Don't go toe-to-toe, don't blow defensives. Use CC's to shut the offensives up
    When the rogue goes out of cooldowns and you somehow survived, blow everything and kill him in 2 seconds.

This works better than it should
    If you don't trinket anything before blind and don't blow defensive cooldowns, you will be dead in the opener against a good rogue. Otherwise good tips to everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'm surprised Paralytic poison made it to live, especially after the reasoning given for removing mace stun procs.
    And the current procs it has at the moment was ridiculous. I'm honestly scared to see that in a 3v3 environment.