Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,778
    Finally a chance to write Sylvanas out of the story, she's been way too corny as a character to my liking. Garrosh calling her a bitch was probably the high point of Cataclysm, and that's both saying something about how much I enjoyed it and how rubbish the lore was in that expansion.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Deathpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama US
    Posts
    524
    you know i have been thinking, now that vol'jin is the new warchief that means he can probably get some other troll tribes to join the horde. And that can be the explanation behind troll sub races.

  3. #23
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

    You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....

  4. #24
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvanas' antagonism going to to be brought to a head in either the pre-xpac 6.0 patch, or in the xpac itself, with the return of Alleria.

    I can see it now; after being cut off from the goings on in Azeroth for so long, she comes back and sees her sister all crazy and corpsified. She might refuse to accept and it either convince of force (through mystical means or otherwise) Sylvanas to change.

  5. #25
    Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?

  6. #26
    Looks like material for future short stories, if you ask me.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,768
    Certainly hoping that they retake Gilneas; not least given the the Horde technically have one city more than the Alliance now since they managed to retake the Echo Isles, whilst the Gnomes failed to take back Gnomergan (again). Sure, it might not be much of a city in-game; but isn't the Horde always telling the Alliance to be satisfied with their victories that aren't shown in-game? (The main one being Dalaran, which is still a neutral city in-game despite being an Alliance city in lore now)

    The one thing I was most excited about in terms of Cataclysm (from a roleplaying perspective), was having a Victorian-style city to call my home. Having that dream ruined for the Forsaken left me bitter for a very long time; but hopefully Varian keeps to his word and we take it back. If it was taken back in 5.5, that'd be even better.
    Last edited by Alenarien; 2013-09-16 at 04:33 PM.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

    You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....
    I did predict he'd run out of things to do once Garrosh was offed, but I guess he just replaced him with someone else LK-style.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?
    At this point there isn't even a Horde race that would side with her.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  10. #30
    Legendary! Anarch Son of Gods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Center of the Internet
    Posts
    6,493
    This falls pretty much in line with me 'sensing' that the next expansion is going to be very Forsaken oriented lore-wise.

    Maybe they should do a return to Outlands and Northrend expansion to capitalize on nostalgia and returning to the roots after having explored something exotic and new in Pandaria. People would cream their pants at the idea of an expansion heavily based on the continuation of both TBC and WotLK lore.
    ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,513
    Edit: Oh, Alleria.. yeah, that one. She has 2 sisters doesn't she..

    Wait, which one was Rhonin's wife? urgh, all these elves and their stupid names.
    Last edited by Humbugged; 2013-09-16 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This falls pretty much in line with me 'sensing' that the next expansion is going to be very Forsaken oriented lore-wise.

    Maybe they should do a return to Outlands and Northrend expansion to capitalize on nostalgia and returning to the roots after having explored something exotic and new in Pandaria. People would cream their pants at the idea of an expansion heavily based on the continuation of both TBC and WotLK lore.
    The TBC lore would be especially nice to me personally. The Draenei are the only race whose lore and the execution of it has ever been described as a "train wreck" (Metzen), and the only thing to do when you make a train wreck is to clean it up. When one takes into account the fact that Blood Elves have consistently gotten lore since TBC (Sunreavers in WOTLK, Reliquary in Cata, part of the Dominance Offensive questline & the entirety of Thunder Isle in MoP), then I think giving the Draenei the limelight is the very least they could do. That of course, and you had the incident in Wolfheart where Velen turned up to the meeting of the Alliance leaders and they all thought the Draenei had gone neutral at that point; which was frankly ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Edit: Oh, Alleria.. yeah, that one. She has 2 sisters doesn't she..

    Wait, which one was Rhonin's wife? urgh, all these elves and their stupid names.
    At this point it's pretty reasonable to expect every Alliance hero of note to be turned into a neutral quest giver. That has sadly been the trend so far.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?
    No, not one. there is no reason for them to join them, humans and worgens want to return it as "human" land. The dwarfs/gnomes/night/dranies have nothing to do with lorderan, and none of them are a big fan of "undead" people, and they are already part of the alliance.

    there is no reason, nor any benefit they can gain by plagueing the world
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  14. #34
    High Overlord Zarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Certainly hoping that they retake Gilneas; not least given the the Horde technically have one city more than the Alliance now since they managed to retake the Echo Isles, whilst the Gnomes failed to take back Gnomergan (again). Sure, it might not be much of a city in-game; but isn't the Horde always telling the Alliance to be satisfied with their victories that aren't shown in-game? (The main one being Dalaran, which is still a neutral city in-game despite being an Alliance city in lore now)

    The one thing I was most excited about in terms of Cataclysm (from a roleplaying perspective), was having a Victorian-style city to call my home. Having that dream ruined for the Forsaken left me bitter for a very long time; but hopefully Varian keeps to his word and we take it back. If it was taken back in 5.5, that'd be even better.
    I think the aliance undervalue Dalaran a lot.. You guys have a bloody movable mage city with a crazy archmage that controls one of the most powerfull magical items in the world the focusing iris.. If Jaina so wanted she could wipe out any horde city in the blink of an eye.. I would gladly give one or 2 mud hut cities we control for a fortress like that.. Even if it dosent do much in game..

    To be honest if in 5.5 or 6.0 we see a clash in gilneas.. I would be cool with the aliance gettin their doggie lackeys their sheds back.. But it would be cool if jaina wanted more and used dalaran to try and go further north to try and get undercity.. Only to get stopped by sylvanas personal flying fortress Malykriss!!
    Jaina shits herself not wanting to sacrifice the entire city of dalaran against a almost indestructble necropolis and backs away to the dalaran crater keeping the forsaken in check..The aliance pups get their city back and everything settles down..
    Last edited by Zarry; 2013-09-16 at 04:57 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Half? I thought it was just one not present.
    Velen, Genn, Aysa, Falstad and Muradin are all missing.

    ETA: Varian, Jaina, Anduin, Tyrande, Mekkatorque and Moira are there. So yeah, about half of them are missing, more if you don't count Jaina and Anduin who in a gameplay sense aren't Alliance leaders. On the Horde side only Ji Firepaw is missing (and I wouldn't have mind a Saurfang cameo). Just goes to show the kind of treatment the Alliance gets.

    Edited to rectify my appalling maths.
    Last edited by Protar; 2013-09-16 at 05:07 PM.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The TBC lore would be especially nice to me personally. The Draenei are the only race whose lore and the execution of it has ever been described as a "train wreck" (Metzen), and the only thing to do when you make a train wreck is to clean it up. When one takes into account the fact that Blood Elves have consistently gotten lore since TBC (Sunreavers in WOTLK, Reliquary in Cata, part of the Dominance Offensive questline & the entirety of Thunder Isle in MoP), then I think giving the Draenei the limelight is the very least they could do. That of course, and you had the incident in Wolfheart where Velen turned up to the meeting of the Alliance leaders and they all thought the Draenei had gone neutral at that point; which was frankly ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -



    At this point it's pretty reasonable to expect every Alliance hero of note to be turned into a neutral quest giver. That has sadly been the trend so far.
    No I got Alleria and Vanessa mixed up and went on this rant about how Vanessa couldn't possibly be oblivious to the fact that Sylvanas is the Forsaken leader. Like seriously, she'd have to be pretty stupid.

    Did the two ever meet up in-game/novel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No I got Alleria and Vanessa mixed up and went on this rant about how Vanessa couldn't possibly be oblivious to the fact that Sylvanas is the Forsaken leader. Like seriously, she'd have to be pretty stupid.

    Did the two ever meet up in-game/novel?
    Vereesa and Sylvanas haven't met since before Sylvanas' death. But she's obviously heard, she's Jaina's right hand.

  18. #38
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think Trassk is past reasoning at this point.
    No one noticed that.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    At this point there isn't even a Horde race that would side with her.
    We don't really know that, but we can be sure that the Horde doesn't trust her

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Vereesa and Sylvanas haven't met since before Sylvanas' death. But she's obviously heard, she's Jaina's right hand.
    From Wowpedia:

    At first, Vereesa was unaware of Sylvanas' fate. However, when she learned of her fate, Vereesa mourned her sister and was enraged when her cousin Zendarin recklessly called Sylvanas a Banshee.

  20. #40
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The lady herself:

    ''Warchief Vol'Jin." Does it sound absurd to you, class? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll.

    But, he put this little coalition together, and won the day. He's also proven to be impossible to kill - I admire that.

    Time to test what he's made of...


    Ooo
    Now we're talking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •