Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?
    Leper gnomes.
    And undead humans.

    But the actual races... not really. She killed humans from several kingdoms, she attacked the worgen and killed Genn's son, she conducted plague experiments in Ashenvale and in Duskwood on night elves and dwarves, she's killed dwarves and gnomes too in Alterac. she's undead, everything a worshiper of the Light despises (draenei).

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Leper gnomes.
    And undead humans.

    But the actual races... not really. She killed humans from several kingdoms, she attacked the worgen and killed Genn's son, she conducted plague experiments in Ashenvale and in Duskwood on night elves and dwarves, she's killed dwarves and gnomes too in Alterac. she's undead, everything a worshiper of the Light despises (draenei).
    Yeah

    We have seen Leeper Gnomes joining the forsaken before, but is not impossible to see other factions becoming allies with the forsakens...

  3. #43
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Wow.. Those answers are really unimaginative.
    At this point I am suspecting they have some "Sylvanas/Lor'themar/<insert faction leader quote-generator".

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    More and more clues that Sylvanas is going to be involved in whatever happens next. Excellent.
    That's not a clue to what is coming.
    That is a throwback to show that they aren't "best friends" since 'Dalaran' and Northrend.

    It's how Lor'themar responds to everything. Just like how this was a typical Thrall-response. And your average Sylvanas-answer!
    This is not a clue, this is unimaginative writing.
    Let's not turn this into "This time she WILL go evil!"-3.0

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's not a clue to what is coming.
    That is a throwback to show that they aren't "best friends" since 'Dalaran' and Northrend.

    It's how Lor'themar responds to everything. Just like how this was a typical Thrall-response. And your average Sylvanas-answer!
    This is not a clue, this is unimaginative writing.
    Let's not turn this into "This time she WILL go evil!"-3.0
    I don't think Sylvanas will turn evil, but is true that is really likely that we will see some conflict involving Sylvanas, even more with what Varian said

    IMO what said Vol'jin, Sylvanas and Lorthemar, is a great opportunity to make the horde solve things and feel more like a "family", i don't think Blizzard will put her as a bad guy now... why?.... Do you think it will be wise of Blizzard to kill 2 leaders of the horde in the same faction in a row, even more when Sylvanas is one of the most interesting character because she have always been in the grey zone (not good not bad)

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah

    We have seen Leeper Gnomes joining the forsaken before, but is not impossible to see other factions becoming allies with the forsakens...
    Even the HORDE only allies with the forsaken cause they need them...The mere tought of an alliance race or faction joining the forsaken without being forced or raised from the dead is ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    By the way what do the alliance leaders say?

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Even the HORDE only allies with the forsaken cause they need them...The mere tought of an alliance race or faction joining the forsaken without being forced or raised from the dead is ridiculous.
    Well, is true that the horde only allies with the forsaken cause they need them, but remenber that, that was the reason they joined the horde in classic wow, so it can change... how? they can leave the horde or they can become part of the "family"

    Also, i'm not saying that any of the alliance races (factions) would join the forsaken, i'm saying that other factions (yeah those third party faction that we kill every now and then) could join the forsakens

  7. #47
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't think Sylvanas will turn evil, but is true that is really likely that we will see some conflict involving Sylvanas, even more with what Varian said

    IMO what said Vol'jin, Sylvanas and Lorthemar, is a great opportunity to make the horde solve things and feel more like a "family", i don't think Blizzard will put her as a bad guy now... why?.... Do you think it will be wise of Blizzard to kill 2 leaders of the horde in the same faction in a row, even more when Sylvanas is one of the most interesting character because she have always been in the grey zone (not good not bad)
    I don't think that either.
    Her constant "Oooh, I could go evil any moment!"-behaviour is one of the few interesting things in the lore.
    Letting her go evil for real would ruin the entire thing and it would be boring.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    At this point there isn't even a Horde race that would side with her.
    it's possible half her race won't side with her either. Forsaken aren't all rallying behind her "let's kill and raise more undead to bolster our numbers thinned out by endless war" as its insanely hypocritical given how Forsaken feel about being raised into undeath by the Lich King.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't think Sylvanas will turn evil, but is true that is really likely that we will see some conflict involving Sylvanas, even more with what Varian said
    Sylvanas has no concept of honour and the Horde now have the biggest liability ever stuck in their ranks with a threat of annihilation hovering over their heads from the Alliance. Being tough on Sylvanas is going to have to be matter of fact unless she's going to end up like Garrosh.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  9. #49
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    That was 'retconned', suddenly they don't think it's such a bad thing.

  10. #50
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right on your throat
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Sylvanas has no concept of honour and the Horde now have the biggest liability ever stuck in their ranks with a threat of annihilation hovering over their heads from the Alliance. Being tough on Sylvanas is going to have to be matter of fact unless she's going to end up like Garrosh.
    Well, if the rest of the Horde could be endangered by a threat of "final purge" because of Sylvanas not obeying orders, the other Horde leaders wouldn't think twice to point their fingers on her, causing Sylvanas and her Forsaken the only faction to be "ended". Sylvanas has more than a reason to be quite more careful now compared to Cataclysm.
    Darkspear never die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    it's possible half her race won't side with her either. Forsaken aren't all rallying behind her "let's kill and raise more undead to bolster our numbers thinned out by endless war" as its insanely hypocritical given how Forsaken feel about being raised into undeath by the Lich King.
    Yeah you're right, we have seen some Forsaken go against her (betray her), look at Putress


    Sylvanas has no concept of honour and the Horde now have the biggest liability ever stuck in their ranks with a threat of annihilation hovering over their heads from the Alliance. Being tough on Sylvanas is going to have to be matter of fact unless she's going to end up like Garrosh.
    Is true that she doesn't have honor, but in the end, i don't think her ways are bad..., is true that her ways are honorless but is a better way to lose less people..., also is true that she may become a new villain just like Garrosh did, but is not like is something that WILL happen... (is just a possibility)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That was 'retconned', suddenly they don't think it's such a bad thing.
    what was retconned?

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah you're right, we have seen some Forsaken go against her (betray her), look at Putress
    Not talking about Putress. Talking about the Forsaken who left Undercity because they didn't like the direction Sylvanas was heading. Forsaken were supposed to hate the condition they are in and not wish it upon anyone, when they suddenly changed their mind about it they became a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites instead of tragic heroes.
    Is true that she doesn't have honor, but in the end, i don't think her ways are bad..., is true that her ways are honorless but is a better way to lose less people..., also is true that she may become a new villain just like Garrosh did, but is not like is something that WILL happen... (is just a possibility)
    She was only losing her people because she was mired in destructive wars she couldn't win. What she was doing is the same thing the Forsaken hated the Lich King for. More Lillian Voss types rising up against Sylvanas wanting to rip her to shreds is the only conclusion if these new undead actually have free will.
    Well, if the rest of the Horde could be endangered by a threat of "final purge" because of Sylvanas not obeying orders, the other Horde leaders wouldn't think twice to point their fingers on her, causing Sylvanas and her Forsaken the only faction to be "ended". Sylvanas has more than a reason to be quite more careful now compared to Cataclysm.
    Metzen or someone in dev said the new Warchief was going to be very tough on Sylvanas. Lor'themar already hinted at her being a problem and Sylvanas herself wants to push her luck. The one good thing Garrosh did as Warchief was curb her psychopathic tendencies (before developing his own). Hopefully Vol'jin will be no slouch as they said. I think it'd be too soon to remove another leader in the next expansion but Sylvanas is in the riflescope, whether she ends up directly in the crosshairs will be seen.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  13. #53
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    That 'turning Forsaken is so bad'.
    Most Forsaken don't really mind nowadays and are quite happy with their state.

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Not talking about Putress. Talking about the Forsaken who left Undercity because they didn't like the direction Sylvanas was heading. Forsaken were supposed to hate the condition they are in and not wish it upon anyone, when they suddenly changed their mind about it they became a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites instead of tragic heroes.
    Yeah i know, Putress was just a mere example :S

    She was only losing her people because she was mired in destructive wars she couldn't win. What she was doing is the same thing the Forsaken hated the Lich King for. More Lillian Voss types rising up against Sylvanas wanting to rip her to shreds is the only conclusion if these new undead actually have free will.
    Yeah, she was losing people because of what you said, but that doesn't change the fact that her ways are more "safe" for her people, also i don't agree with the statement that Sylvanas is doing the same as the Lich King, cause after she rez anyone and after they recover theirself, they got the ultimatum join us, or go back to the grave (Well... if you don't want to be what you are now..., just die again) also she's not pushing anyone to do things against their own will


    Metzen or someone in dev said the new Warchief was going to be very tough on Sylvanas. Lor'themar already hinted at her being a problem and Sylvanas herself wants to push her luck. The one good thing Garrosh did as Warchief was curb her psychopathic tendencies (before developing his own). Hopefully Vol'jin will be no slouch as they said. I think it'd be too soon to remove another leader in the next expansion but Sylvanas is in the riflescope, whether she ends up directly in the crosshairs will be seen.
    Yeah, is true that it was pointed out by Blizz that the new warchief was going to be very tough on her, but that doesn't mean that she will become a future villain, that does imply that there will be some conflicts between her and the rest of the horde, but it doesn't mean that someone have to end being killed

  15. #55
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    OT a bit: Zaelsino, you're probably the biggest Sin'dorei lover on the forums (other than myself, of course); You think we should finally crown a new Sun King, or do you think we should let the crown go? I don't think I've ever gotten your views on that (remind me to ask Maddy as well, never got his either).
    Naaaah. It would feel hollow and forced given Theron's personal aversion to it and the revised In the Shadow of the Sun. Theron holding onto Kael's last decree (that Anasterian would be their last true monarch) is one of his endearing qualities IMO; it's a subtle reminder of how respectful and noble the prince was before turning to the Legion. Electing a new king would rob Lor'themar of that, and it's just... not really needed.

    Though he does need to come up with a... contingency plan... if he ever gets assassinated.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Naaaah. It would feel hollow and forced given Theron's personal aversion to it and the revised In the Shadow of the Sun. Theron holding onto Kael's last decree (that Anasterian would be their last true monarch) is one of his endearing qualities IMO; it's a subtle reminder of how respectful and noble the prince was before turning to the Legion. Electing a new king would rob Lor'themar of that, and it's just... not really needed.

    Though he does need to come up with a... contingency plan... if he ever gets assassinated.
    1- Why would he get assassinated? i guess you're talking about Sylvanas... right?, even if Lorthemar doesn't trust Sylvanas, he still is one of her biggest allies

    2- I think the rest of the council are his contigency plan

  17. #57
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,306
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    1- Why would he get assassinated? i guess you're talking about Sylvanas... right?, even if Lorthemar doesn't trust Sylvanas, he still is one of her biggest allies

    2- I think the rest of the council are his contigency plan
    Well, I mean the event of his death in general. A regency doesn't have a clear line of succession, and Theron has no known family left anyway; if he had a stroke and died in his office, he'd have no clear successor. That's a problem in a kingdom which is kind of in the middle of an interregnum, with no king but also no established republic or grand ruling council (Halduron and Rommath might come close, but they're not equals to him; I imagine they'd probably fight for power too) or anything. He should fix that.

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, I mean the event of his death in general. A regency doesn't have a clear line of succession, and Theron has no known family left anyway; if he had a stroke and died in his office, he'd have no clear successor. That's a problem in a kingdom which is kind of in the middle of an interregnum, with no king but also no established republic or grand ruling council (Halduron and Rommath might come close, but they're not equals to him; I imagine they'd probably fight for power too) or anything. He should fix that.
    Well... now that Dalaran is alliance only, we have Aethas Sunreaver (I'm still waiting for him to be Kaelthas)

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The lady herself:

    ''Warchief Vol'Jin." Does it sound absurd to you, class? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll.

    But, he put this little coalition together, and won the day. He's also proven to be impossible to kill - I admire that.

    Time to test what he's made of...
    Aww sheeeeeet

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Thrall says this. Also:

    Vol'jin: Stand tall, druid. Today ya saved de soul of de Horde.

    Baine: We are all in this together, druid.

    Lor'themar: I find politics exhausting. I am confident Vol'jin will take us where we need to go. <Lor'themar glances at Sylvanas> Assuming we can hold this Horde together.

    From one of the world first streams. The guy didn't talk to the others. x.x
    Dat glance at Sylvannas, ooooooh, I'm excited. Might we see some conflict between the Forsaken and Blood Elves soon? Perhaps Sylvannas, in her lust to keep Lordaeron, oversteps her boundaries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •